Are phones with keyboards gone for good? Would you use one?

Are phones with keyboards gone for good? Would you use one?

Hell yeah i would use one. Typing on screen is not my side.

I'm finally back using a physical keyboard after years of going without and I couldn't be happier.

I would love to use a phone with a horizontal keyboard like that. Problem is nobody makes them. Best we have is the Blackberry priv. I'm on a v10 right now and i love it. Would love it more if the horizontal keyboard didn't take up literally the entire screen when typing.

I have tried it, and it feels cramped. I don't even have sausage fingers. Passport's keyboard was super comfy, though!

There is no money in making good phones.
If there was, we wouldn't have the shit we have now.

You'd think a phone company would try to produce a decent slider to standout from the competition of bland candy bar style phones. Especially on the Android end where all of them look and act the same.

If Samsung can produce phones with edged glass for no real benefit why not produce the S7 Slide?

Don't lie to us, you only got it so you could "check your priv(ilege)"

My only complaint is it would be nice if the keys had a bit more definition to them as while they do have shape to them they are pretty flat. Not too surprising though because they did have to cram it into a slider form factor. I have not found size to be an issue at all though.

I live in Wyoming, there is literally nobody I could make that joke to out here.

>Wyoming
I'm envious, recently beaten Firewatch.

Vertical oriented keyboards are fucking IDIOTIC.

Why the fuck cramp a keyboard on the short side when there's a long as fuck side literally asking for a keyboard.

Especially considering phones are even bigger now than they were a decade ago. There could be a fucking BEAUTIFUL keyboard sliding out along the long side like in those old keyboard sliders, only a lot bigger.

It's really like they don't want this to become popular again.

Even the Priv keyboard is large enough that it makes one handed use difficult at times, I sometimes have to switch my grip slightly to hit Q. Landscape keyboards make one handed use almost completely impossible and don't really even make two handed use any easier or faster.

>Landscape keyboards make one handed use almost completely impossible
I can use pic related one handed

>2-inch screen

It's 2016, hombre.

Maybe because it's the same size as the Priv keyboard? 3" phones are less likely to be in vogue again as physical keyboards are.

thinking about getting this

is it worth it? i currently have a moto Sup Forums and after years of blackberries and i miss the keyboard

is it easy to type one handed

Watching movies on a 6 inch screen still sucks, that's just not what a phone is for. I'd rather have something that's comfortable to carry in my pocket.
There's no reason for them not to be though. I've met a plenty of people IRL both lamenting the lack of physical input and modern phones all being too big.

lol, I still use this as daily driver. never let me down so far and I don't see a reason to upgrade.

>no ctrl key
It is like they want us to suffer. They even leave a gap for one.

Muh africano americano

What rom do you use? Or are you still on stock?

>Watching movies
Everything is better on a bigger screen: browsing web, messaging, looking at pictures, taking photos, playing gayms, etc. Anything under 5 inches is a no-go.

I want a 5" landscape slider with high-end specs, a big battery and a microSD card slot.

>browsing web
>looking at pictures
These two are legit, but not worth the ergonomical costs.
>taking photos
That depends on whether you have a physical camera button or not. Does your phone have one? If not, it's shit.
>playing gayms
>messaging
Without physical input? kys pls

>Anything under 5 inches is a no-go
I see the corporate dick treats you well

totally stock since I for some reason didn't care about tinkering with it since I use my N900 for fun stuff at home and the xperia as reliable phone on the go.

it just werks... that's all that counts for me

I just turn my moto e sideways...

phones are better horizontal or maybe i just played too much GBA as a kid

Yeah, its a good high end phone and I have been very happy with its speed and battery life compared to my 2013 Moto X it replaced. Depending on what carrier you are getting it for it can be pretty expensive, I ended up paying full Verizon rape prices for it and still think it was worth it.

Physical keyboard is small enough to use one handed pretty easily, I only occasionally have to shift my grip to hit Q or something but I don't have very big hands at all.

Personally I think I would have preferred a 5"-5.1" display to the 5.4" screen it has and the curved display edges does nothing for me but this is a fairly minor quibble. The power button position is kinda odd too but since I can double tap the display to turn it on that really isn't an issue.

Camera is great but that might just be me comparing it to my old Moto X that was pretty meh. Being able to slide it open and use the spacebar as shutter button is great.

Damn I was wondering about switching but I'm not sure what alternative will work best. Apparently there's already CM13 out for it, but I'm worried about the physical qwerty support.