Just got a 1k bonus from work. Thinking about making a rig that I could take with me when I have to go out of town...

Just got a 1k bonus from work. Thinking about making a rig that I could take with me when I have to go out of town. What does Sup Forums think?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/t68wr7
pcpartpicker.com/list/7dxXsJ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wait for USB-C laptops and external GPU boxes. :^)

With the specs I want, wont that cost more?

Why the fuck do you need 4K on the road?

I want to have a high end rig for home that I can take with me. I don't want to have multiple.

>i7
For a gaming rig? Waste of money.

>DDR4-2666
Meme memory

>Mini ITX case
>ATX Power Supply
You're going to have an unpleasant surprise.

Have you conisdered a laptop?

your file name is pretty indicative of what this purchase would be.

what do you do for a living?

The case dimensions say it will fit.

OP here, I work as a receptionist at a locally owned hotel.

How often are you really going out of town then?

Accountant, and yeah I know. I just think it would be really sweet to have a small quite machine that's also pretty high end.

Get the trash can rig from MSI

lol that's not me
This is me

What do you mean meme memory?

Skylake scales great with faster memory, anything bellow 2400mhz is virtually worthless.

I knew I should have used a trip for this thread....
Anyway my occupation isn't relevant.

That actually seems pretty sweet, but it is much more expensive and I'm just skeptical of things like that.

I think that's because it has 666 in it. Either way I like it.

I didn't ask about your occupation... but what do you do?

>$1000 extra money
>rig costs $1500

fucking troll threads.
why dont you faggots ever report them?

What are you talking about, I have extra cash and I am willing to spend that amount. I never said 1k was my limit. Ideally I'd like to spend less than 2k in total.

Lol fuck off

OP here, are you fucking dumb? I have an extra thousand bucks, not only $1000

You are not the OP! But this is correct. God I don't even know what to do when you're being so reasonable.

just wait for AM4 APUs

Or Or pcpartpicker.com/list/t68wr7 Better cpu and case but cheaper

This one is actually near your budget tho pcpartpicker.com/list/7dxXsJ

>What does Sup Forums think?
you should drink bleach and die, faggot

yeah but I want a full tb of ssd, and I just like the way this one looks. I did think about that one though.

I'll definitely take your advice into consideration. Thanks for being helpful and contributing to the thread.

>buying the nano
just wait one more month ffs

why would you buy a nano right now

I'm not going to, this is just a rough outline of what I want to do. I'm going to wait a month and see how things play out.

>waitfags

>people still using the i7 is a waste for gaming meme

Normally I'd agree with you, but it's like 4 weeks away and I'm going on vacation for a bit so I won't need it for a few weeks anyways.

Lose the 1tb drive
Get a 256 or 512 drive and a 4tb harddrive.

>same performance for half the cost and power draw in literally 24 days
Shut the fuck up you retarded piece of shit.

Well, I was thinking I wanted 1 tb of ssd because I don't want to have to manage what's on there too much, and fit a decent amount of my current game library. I also have external storage already. Why do you suggest only half tb?

>putting games in an SSD

A few pointers from someone who has a very small and highly portable, reasonably powerful and very quiet PC:

1.) it's very hard to pull off silent. the H55 will have a loud-ass fan and if you replace that you'll still have a noisy pump.
2.) The Bitfenix Prodigy is large considering you only get space for an ITX board. It's a meme case. Get an SG-08 or something like that. I use a modded Lian Li PC-Q11
3.) The i7 is overkill and the thermals will be harder to manage if noise is a concern.
4.) Can't imagine the R9 nano to be anything but a heater/jet engine. Get a card with dual fan aftermarket cooling, good ITX cases will fit those as well.

Putting games on your SSD is asking it to fail faster. Don't do this.

Why not?

You would honestly argue the price difference between an i5 and an i7 isn*t better spent on a higher-tier GPU?

It'll fail eventually and what is the fucking point of buying a product if you don't intend to use it?

I'm not trying to sound shitty, but why would it make it fail faster, and how fast are ssd supposed to fail?

It's worthless

Eh, it helps with some games that have infuriating loadtimes.

It is better spent on a gpu but if you're getting a good gpu you do get benefit from an i7 especially in CPU intensive games. Frame rate variance is way better with an i7.

Thanks a lot for your input.
I wanted the i7 because multi tasking is a big priority for me.
Also if I'm not planning on overclocking would temp still be an issue?
One more, the h55 said the fan is 30db, is that really loud, what would you suggest instead?

Thanks again for giving me some solid advice.

Why don't you just put your bonus in your savings account to save for a rainy day?

And noise

1: I would drop to a 6600k, you really would never notice the difference.Pocket extra cash or put it into a superior cooler and case fans.
2: Really bad time to be buying a GPU. Do you need the nano? What games do you play at what hz/res? For 1080p 60hz I would go with a itx 970 or wait 2-3 weeks for the RX 480.
3: You can get similar performance out of cheaper SSDs - check bench marks.
4: Does that board have built in wifi? I would consider it mandatory in an itx build you plan to travel with.
5: Hate the case - but that's totally personal pref.

Because I already have decent amount of savings and 401k based on my budget for this year. I want to get myself something nice. Plus it will be super nice to have a wicked fast computer that I can also use for things other than gaming.

The i7 is great but even if you're not overclocking it makes sense to spend the extra for the unlocked version for a 4ghz clock at stock.

Temp will still be an issue in such a small case, and AIO solutions are pretty much dogshit. It's not so much the fans as the pump which is loud as fuck. Considering the case you've chosen doesn't really have much in the way of acoustic isolation you'll hear it more.

You'd be better of a noctua nh-d15 or noctua nh-d15s, dependant entirely on your mobo. since the case has 190mm of clearance for a CPU fan.

Slap 2 more noctua fans on the front and one for the exhaust and it should be near silent anyway.

As for your PSU, I'd personally go for a EVGA SuperNOVA G2 as it has fanless operation while idling and the fan will only kick in once it needs to.

Totally forgot about wifi thanks for reminding me, fuck I'm retarded.

Duly noted, thanks for the help.

Oh heads up, the case you chose is made of really cheap plastic and the handles at the top aren't as strong as they look.

One of the other benefits of a 6700k I forgot to mention is that it means you have to get a Z170 board, pretty much all of which come with WIFI as standard.

This also opens you up to buying ram with speeds up to 3200mhz.

Yeah I've decided not to go with it.

Maybe you should be fiscally responsible and not spend all of your money as soon as it cones in

As a receptionist at a hotel I deal with money all the time. I think I can handle it LOL

I don't, this amount was unexpected and I'm well into the green for my budget this year. I already maxed my ira and have a decent amount in savings. I don't know why I have to explain this to you people, but there you go.

Goddammit when did you come back?

Here's an updated version. I decided to go with a bigger case. Now that I don't have to worry about card size I figured I could get a better card. It probably won't be moved that much now, but whatever.