Is unlocking the psp an ethical thing to do?

Is unlocking the psp an ethical thing to do?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace,_extend_and_extinguish
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween_documents
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>psp

Lmao child

>is doing x on y right?
Did you buy it? Do you own it? Why are you letting someone else control what you do with it?

no you will go to hell for it and boil in Ken Kutaragi'
s pot

Why is the default unethical? You phrase it as if its self event therefore those who believe it to be ethical are already on the defense without any actual argument to counter.

Don't ask a question that you don't define first. Poor form. Poor form.

Sure is, its your psp after all.

Wait. I may or may not retract this critique. But only if you were asking the question from the context of Thomistic Virtue. Using the question in the negative. Assuming that the moralirty object (act of unlocking the psp) itself itself is in question while i believing the intent was moraly neutral. As the circumstances is irrelevant to the morality and only meaningful to culpability we can leave that out of the discussion.

So which is it?

/thread

is this 2005 again?

autism

blacklisted

>tfw playing P3P right now
Feel free to
>>>/vv
Me

PSP hackers are pathetic, they can only bully small and old devices, they can't even take on handhelds of proper sizes.

>vita
no one wants to hack a dead system with literally no games

God I wish the Vita would just get CFW already. I've given up hope but at the same time I've also stopped updating it in case something does happen

epik

Vita has tons of games you Sup Forumstards usually love to beg for ports of.

See. That's why you are pathetic. You're wasting away the last device Sony will ever built with free multiplayer online, just so you can hold up some non-existing hope for it to be hacked.

You're so pathetic you don't even deserve any online multiplayer features. Absolutely pathetic.

>You're wasting away the last device Sony will ever built with free multiplayer online
I'm not an online gamer. I've had consoles capable of online play for nearly a decade and can count the number of hours I've spent online on all of them on one hand.

Because recent lawsuits prove that the law does not aide with the consumer.

Yo famalam share that wallpaper pls

No shit, do it anyways you fucking pussy.

>bought a computing device
>find out brand locked it out to only execute whatever they please
>unlocking it back to how it was supposed to be is somehow unethical

>generic weebshit jrps
>""""""""""games""""""""""

I don't play any weeb shit and can confirm the Vita has more than enough games for me to justify dropping $318

Yup, lot's of games like that.

And you will keep begging for ports of its games even long after your old 3ds is dead and buried.
That's how pathetic you are.

It's your hardware. Are you putting anyone else at risk by doing what you want to do with it? No? Then there is no ethical issue.

>Are you putting anyone else at risk by doing what you want to do with it?
He is hurting PSP-chan.

Sure, it's your property, do whatever you want to it

No, he is letting PSP-chan out of her cage. It may be a shock to her, but ultimately a good thing.

No, it's NTR hentai mindbreaking thing to do to her when you rewrite her firmware and inject unauthorised code into her.

You're a monster, user.

I'M NOT the one doing it!

I'm protecting PSP-chan from all the NTR mindbreaking hentai.

i want to fug psp-chan

Is it possible to unlock the Vita?
They made it fucking hard for no reason

They had very good reason, if they hadn't done everything they could to lock the shit out of it the Vita would have even less developer support than it does in its current state.

Out of curiosity. Is there any way to run homebrew on it? Such as emulators.

>they wont let me unlock a dead console to make homebrew

And what port have I begged for user?
I honestly cannot ever remember doing that.

Only PSP stuff

>the Vita's dead
epik meme

Here's your >>(You)
Are you happy?

Dead in pal and US*

The Vita has no games but it's an excellent piece of hardware with a powerful CPU, great screen and controls, perfectly suited for other uses, such as emulation.

>Old console that's well past it's prime
>Chile

How old are you?

Yes. Now please give me gondola.

The other way around.

The Vita has low technical spec by today's standards, but has a ton how awesome games with physical buttons and dual thumbstick controls which you can't experience on any android or nintendo devices.

When it came out it was one of the most powerful devices you could fit in your pocket

>psp
Did you know Playstation devices run on BSD? BUT YOU CAN'T UNLOCK IT EVEN IF YOU OWN THE DEVICE

Mandatory:

I am going to redpill you about the GPL before the paid trolls.

Some cucks (among many we have) are trying to promote BSD, MIT, Apache and other licenses because they are hired by corporations that can make privative software thanks to those licenses by putting some closed source on top and fuck everyone else.

For example, Darwin is a kernel in which Apple collaborates with the "open source" community. Because it is a BSD derivative, Apple uses that and put it some closed source bits and call it OS X.

Sure, you can use Darwin, but is crippleware, is of much lesser quality. And Apple is not even full fascist here, they at least have some degree of cooperation. Microsoft on the other hand in the 90's spread memos about how to fuck up Linux and the free as in freedom community. Is called "embrace, extend, extinguish". See for yourself:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace,_extend_and_extinguish
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween_documents

If you were in charge of Microsoft, and you had no ethics, what would you do knowing that you could harm the free software community just by reusing "open source" software in your favor, put some bells and whistles, and extinguishing the original product?

I beg you consider the GPL and LGPL over everything else. One can't possibly know what is being used under the hood of many privative software, and you never know when something "open sourced" sometime ago is now part of closed source software.

Even the LGPL, because you can have a fully functional application in LGPL which someone can cut off the interface, put a privative interface to it and deprecate any other interface by changing the API (systemd?).

>inb4 "Put a shitty license to your code so we can make more profits than you using your software. Maybe someday, if we are on the mood, you will work for us".
>Signed: big corps
Yeah, fuck you.

>Did you know Playstation devices run on BSD?
I'm 99.99% positive This didn't happen till after the PS3 and Vita. Regardless, quit shitting up the thread with your irrelevant GPL bullshit

I mean seriously, holy autistic

I'm 99.99% you are full of bullshit.

Cancer like you is why people trying to use THEIR PROPERTY goes to jail just to unlock shit.

Fuck off.

No actually I just checked, I'm 100% accurate. PSP doesn't run BSD. You were just looking for a place to spout your propaganda. Go eat a dick you fucking freetard.

So because it runs A FUCKING DERIVATIVE is no longer BSD?

Go fuck yourself, twice.

No you bumbling fucking moron, it's not a BSD derivative, it's not BSD based, it's unrelated to BSD.

yeah there are emulators for a psp running custom firmware. I know there are emulators for at least the following:

genesis/md
gameboy/gameboycolor/gba
snes (it's not great, but some games play fine)
playstation (obviously)
nintendo
sega master system
cps1 and cps2
neo-geo

There are probably others, but that's all I can think of right now.

Learn to read, he's asking about the Vita

>Crazy Taxi and GTA LCS
Literally my 2 main stays on my memory stick at all times back in my PSP days. Good taste, senpai