i challenge you to make one argument for removing net neutrality

it has benefit the consumer in someway it cannot only benefit the providers

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulatory_capture
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it can let the isp implement adblocking

>implying they would ever do that

they might block ads but only ads that dont benefit them

mobile providers in Yuropoor land are already trialing it.

The FCC has ruined practically everything it has ever touched.

ya so they can charge ad companies to be able to get around it are you dense? do you really think the ISP isnt ran by a bunch of disgusting scumbags?

the only reason this is a problem at all is because the ISP market isn't competitive. If everyone had a half-dozen ISPs to choose from they'd have a hard time getting away with bad behavior. That's the problem we should be trying to solve first. Any company in any industry will behave like a disgusting scumbag when they have monopoly power.

user, can't you see that the only way we can solve problems caused by government interference in the market is with more government interference in the market?

Sanders4Prez

and the only way we are ever going to solve this is to outlaw ISPs keeping competitors out of the area

the way its setup now nothing will change so long as we dont force it to

>we need to pass a law so the government can stop the government from restricting competition in the ISP market!

its not the government doing it its the ISPs themselves

Do the ISPs have their own militia that they use to restrict competition? Or do they leverage contracts granted by the government and use the US court system instead?

Are you of retarded? The isps have a monopoly over areas where they built the infrastructure. The only way to stop the monopoly is for the government to force the isp to allow other isps to use their cables. It probably won't matter in a couple of decades when satellite Internet becomes cheap and there is more competition.

they shouldnt be allowed by law to do either

The government grants the local monopolies because of legal bribery (campaign contributions).

>Government accepts kickbacks from cable companies to restrict smaller startup ISPs from being able to lay infrastructure due to expensive regulatory hoops
>le greedy corporations meme
You're probably too young to remember, but there used to be a time when there were small municipal ISPs. Just like there was a time when there were small cigarette companies. There wouldn't be a problem if government hadn't gotten in the way, now you want government to get in the way more and fix the problem they created in the first place. Great plan.

Aren't trade agreements of that nature between companies illegal in the UK though?

how else is this problem going to be fixed? how do you fix a government problem without action from the government

Isn't that George W. Bush's work?
The painting, I mean.

Loosening the restrictions the government created so that new ISPs can enter the market and spur competition.

You fix problems created by the government with less government, not more.

ok but for this to happen the government must loosen or remove the restrictions

babby's first policy debate
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulatory_capture

This.

Net Neutrality wouldn't even be an issue if ISPs were forced to compete.

Yes, and I consider that "less government" in the same way I consider the 21st Amendment "less government", though you're free to disagree on semantic grounds. I don't care to have that argument though.

This, Bernie 2016

yes but once the government has passed a law the only way to remove that law without full scale revolution is for the government to remove that law

They do compete.

Net neutrality didn't exist up until 2009 or so, and even then it's not really enforced.

And if it's so great, then why doesn't it apply to mobile ISP's?

>Yes, and I consider that "less government" in the same way I consider the 21st Amendment "less government", though you're free to disagree on semantic grounds. I don't care to have that argument though.

because unlike with cable/traditional ISPs, mobile internet really IS limited by its medium. You can only transmit so much data over a given bandwidth.