Who else here is a fraud? I don't have any IT certification but I still somehow got this job

Who else here is a fraud? I don't have any IT certification but I still somehow got this job.

I'm just restarting shit trying to get it fixed.

You'll be fired in a matter of days

What's the problem faggot? I'm willing to lend a hand

Did you lie and say you had an IT cert?

is that a playstation in there?

I have a mate who was a freelance web dev with several clients. Literally didn't know how to link an HTML file to a stylesheet. I think he just copied most of his code from the internet. It's amazing just how far bullshitting can get you.

I thought I was. Turns out I knew far more than was required. Had the position for several years now.

I've had this job for 2.5 years!

I don't know man. The whole network is down. They have 2 net connections (adsl and efm)
The microserver running their main server can't ping 8.8.8.8 or the UTM. I'm restarting everything and blaming the weather (rain in the adsl pits)

I got hired because I can talk really well. I dont really actually know what I'm doing

No playstation bro

This sort of shit infuriates me. I'm qualified with tonnes of certs but no one hires me

user, they just want to hire the guy who will work cheaply. Corporate managers do not know how to measure productivity of IT sectors if they are not an IT company.
There is a thread image of a guy who apparently lasted a few weeks with zero tech knowledge (Probably fiction though). Google-ultron~desu

So this is my setup:
Got my laptop out with command prompts open on a chair so when staff come in they see that and leave me alone. (Around 30 staff)
I'm hiding behind the server rack on my phone talking to my friends trying to fix this (I have no idea)

I got a help desk/field support position with no IT certs; I think that's somewhat normal though. I had a university degree and could code, if that helps.

I'm on the opposite side. I have a lot of certificates, master degree, internships in two huge leading companies and it seems impossible to move anywhere beyond entry-level jobs. While some of my friends who were jerking off all the time and barely managed to get a bachelor degree are now occupying higher positions. Education and certification is a meme.

>live in tiny town
>built my own computers as a teenager
>everyone one in town sees me as "the computer wiz"
>get hired as head of IT at local hospital right out of high school
>been there 11 years now.
>all I basically do is reinstall Windows and replace optical drives
>mostly just play 3DS all day
>$40 an hour

Feels good.

have fun getting fired for cutting corners I guess?

>2.5years
>don't know how to troubleshoot the network and fix you cables

jesus christ op

it's always about who you know

kek

I hope you get fired

how many times are you going to brag about your pathetic life?

I assume you just opened cmd and typed in ipconfig twice. Looks quite 'techy' to normies.

I'd help you, but I want to see you get fired because you are incompetent. Hope this helps.

This is the first time I've mentioned it. Must be a few other people with similar stories.

someones jelly?

>Windows update cleverly hidden

Kek

I don't know shit about networking, but try these:

ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /registerdns

kek, quite same here
>college dropout, didn't care, boring
>drink, drugs, fuck all the time, every time
>mom works in school, tells me they need a IT guy, last one left
>get hired because of mom
>been there now for three years, mom left a few months after I was working there, she got a better job
>I rarely haveto go in, mostly setting up projectors and installing powerpoint or checking why internet aint working
>fixed pay of 1600€ a month (in a country where a pack of smokes is 2.50€ and a good beer .60€)

> he's mad that someone gets paid decent money to do nothing
Relax user, we can't all be superstars

>go to college for journalism
>lie about my minor in comp sci
>get out, start working IT just because I know how to put together a computer
>three years later, work as a infrastructure engineer at a company making about $35 an hour

I feel like I've been a fraud my entire career.

>The microserver
I do not see one there.

if you do eventually get it working make sure to tidy the cables up a little so it looks like you actually 'did' something.

What country do you live in user? Sounds slavic.

Not slavic but close to Russia.

Czech?

Nope, baltic.