Tell me why this isnt the best OS avaliable in the market right now

Tell me why this isnt the best OS avaliable in the market right now.
>best hardware support per botnet ratio
>more customizable than its competitors macos and windows while still retaining simple usabilty out of the box unlike gentoo or arch
>great documentation
>every sane software vendor makes their software multiplatform in year 2016 and when they say they support linux, they mean ubuntu

Other urls found in this thread:

scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-8760
forum.unity3d.com/threads/unity-on-linux-release-notes-and-known-issues.350256/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ubuntu is an ancient african word which loosely translates to "i can't configure debian"

but really, it just werks. don't let some raging autist put you off it.

>Primvera
>SAP
>Photoshop
>PDFs with forms
>Really any Adobe software
>A functional ui

what is virtualization

Things that Linux still can't do that windows and OSX can for $800

Go with Xubuntu, you get Ubuntu's support and a better DE.

Why not virtualized Ubuntu inside windows the windows inside Ubuntu for maximum compatibility?

>A functional ui
ui is just as functional as windows 7, more so than win10 and os x

>adobe
>sane

>sap
they support linux

>primvera
no idea what that is but
>oracle
>sane

it isn't better

SAP does not support Linux in any functional way. And you aren't using SAP without using primvera in some form.

Laggy on intel 4600 HD.

Well, not the UI itself but anything running on top. Because of Cumpiss

>Nvidia support
>Amd support
>Intel HD graphics support
>Wireless printing
>Usb external displays
>Cloning and scaling onto a lower resolution display
>Hulu
lololololololololololololololololololol

>sap is one program
>sap doesnt support linux
scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-8760

>Install Ubuntu 16.04
>Install proprietary drivers for my nvidia 730M working with optimus from the Ubuntu additional drivers windows
>Reboot
>Black screen
>Need to fix the graphic drivers from command line
Yay Ubuntu

Debian does the same thing without a bunch of non-free crap I don't need preinstalled. (I don't have a problem with propriretary software, I just prefer to choose which proprietary software I download and install AFTER I install the operating system.) Thus, I use Debian.

GODDAMN YES
I would switch to Linux completely if they got autodesk suite and Microsoft Office Excel, that's literally everything i need and they work like shit on Wine.
Fuck off autodesk

It's just one program? Really? Do you know what SAP is used for? And if you understood the implementation of SAP you'd understand why no. It really doesn't support Linux in a functional way. You can't get around using Windows for SAP in a real world implementation. It just doesn't happen, and for the dozens of companies I've worked with. They've used windows or at the minimum virtualized windows.

I installed Ubuntu while ago with no previous Linux experience and I like it. It just werks and it's really user friendly.

Not the best for me, but I wouldn't be adverse to recommending it to others as a first distro. Maybe Mint first. Myself, I use other distros because they have features Ubuntu doesn't. But still, not adverse to Ubuntu, less so since they removed that Amazon thing by default now.

mfw this font rendering

This is one of the biggest reasons I used Ubuntu. Ubuntu and Ubuntu derivatives actually use a proprietary patched version of freetype so that's why it looks so good compared to other distros.

You can get those patches on other distros.
There are packages in the AUR at least.

Only problem with ubuntu is that its free. So people who get it dont feel buyers remorse and go on Sup Forums defending it to make themselves feel better. Look at daily windows and mac shilling threads in comparison.

bigger the buyers remorse=bigger the defense force

because it isn't OpenSUSE Tumbleweed, that's why.

Fucking optimus man...

Honestly only reason to have a dedicated gpu on laptop is that you would want to play games. In that case you wouldnt be installing linux anyway.

That's Nvidia for you. Optimus support is what they were talking about in the infamous video where Linus gave Nvidia the one finger salute.

I have filled out pdf forms with okular.
With the other stuff, never build a business around tools which you have no power over.
You should always ask "how do I do X" rather than "How do I run X".
Eg, how do I draw/manipulate images vs how do I run photoshop?

As for the UI, the gnu/linux DE's is ahead of the competetion.
Apple basically took the design of gnome on their new DE, and microsoft implemented a lot of features in windows 10 that has been in kde the past decade.

>Tell me why this isnt the best OS avaliable in the market right now.

Two primary but oh-so-important reasons:

1) It doesn't run Microsoft Office (or any other Microsoft software, or any Windows software for that matter).
2) It doesn't run Adobe Photoshop (or any other Adobe software for that matter).

You don't get to say "Well you can just use WINE/Crossover/VMs/etc..." because that's beyond the typical consumer's capabilities to do/learn/make use of nor is it a viable solution in the business enterprise environment.

Those two reasons are all that's needed to answer your question, OP.

Now shut the fuck up about it.

I wanted to try Unity3D on Ubuntu. It was the only software that prevented me to go full Linux. And now they publish Linux versions regularly :
forum.unity3d.com/threads/unity-on-linux-release-notes-and-known-issues.350256/
But I need a working optimus to exploit Unity3D correctly

Because

>applications
Normies only use web browser on their personal computers.

Because Arch exists.
/thread

Ever heard of WINE, faggot?
>B-BUT MUH PHOTOS--
It works in Wine, faggot.

>ubuntu is an ancient african word which loosely translates to "i can't configure debian"

Wow except I look on my desktop and I see Foobar, Photoshop, Vegas, and Windows Steam

It's as if linux could do all of those things, oh wait it can!

different operating systems for different needs
if you're a teenager and want to say you're using linux then yes, ubuntu is the best OS available. It's also based on the unstable version of Debian, so your last statement is also a bit retarded

It puts convenience above freedom. You won't know whats its like to truly be free by using ubuntu

Nautilus ("files") is probably the worst and most stupid file manager in the entire linux universe of the last 20 years. Its like they designed it for a 6 years old mongoloid.

>"i can't configure debian"
Yep, these retards can't into Debian.

freetype unpatched still looks much better than Windows' cleartype clusterfuck. All you need to do is enable antialiasing, hinting and other minor shit and it looks great. Don't know why so many distros don't have it enabled by default.

I prefer Trisquel for freedoms sake and because Ubuntu had horribly outdated packages and I had to use backports all the time.

It is misleading to describe the users of free software, or the software users in general, as a “market.”

This is not to say there is no room for markets in the free software community. If you have a free software support business, then you have clients, and you trade with them in a market. As long as you respect their freedom, we wish you success in your market.

But the free software movement is a social movement, not a business, and the success it aims for is not a market success. We are trying to serve the public by giving it freedom—not competing to draw business away from a rival. To equate this campaign for freedom to a business's efforts for mere success is to deny the importance of freedom and legitimize proprietary software.

Consider to elaborate? I'm currently using it and it's working fine for me.

Kek. First post best post.

>what is libreoffice

>vm on windows

Thats the retarded Stallman mentality.

Take the pragmatic Linus/Red Hat/Ubuntu model, you can make a shit ton of money on free software. There's definitely a market, enjoy your NEET checks while I literally am employed to integrate embedded Linux

no games
no software
no drivers

>but but you can all of that if you emulate windows

There is a reason why it's free.

>Tell me why this isnt the best OS avaliable in the market right now.
Because OS X exists.

>no games

>games
kek
>software
niggah, you dumb. legit bait.
>no driveres
it does have less drivers. you can thank companies like nvidia and amd.

>proprietary drivers
Found the problem.

>ancient african word
I think I smell something. Did you step into the ubuntu?
www.theregister.co(dot)uk 2008/04/14/linux_manual/

but it is the best OS available.
pic related

>unnecessary "configuration"
Hey just because you give away your time for nothing doesn't mean everyone else will.

Are there good drivers for the R9 270x on Linux? Feel like taking the plunge for the first time.

>get ubuntu live usb
>boot to that
>install a benchmark
>decide for yourself
Taking Sup Forumss advice on anything is a miskate.

An unpolished turd that doesn't do the things I need it to do

yh it is

This, Excel is unmatched.
Word on the other hand can't compete with LaTex.

I'll admit Libre office Calc is the least good, but come on. If your business requires it, fine, but for personal or even academic use how is libreoffice Calc not good enough? The only thing I can think of is kinda weird histograms.

I use Libreoffice because I learned it once and I'll never have to deal with "OFFICE NEW FEATURES THAT REALLY JUST REARRANGE THE WHOLE TOOLBAR", I have it as the exact same software on my windows and Linux dual boot, and I've never had an issue opening whoever's stupid enough to send .docx files. What exactly do you not like about it?

from an ubuntu user, kek

>Installing ubuntu 16.04 dual boot with windows 10
>Install NVIDIA drivers
>Works very well
>Only use windows 10 for games
>ubuntu is the best OS ever made

Don't use Ubuntu. Canonical is the enemy of freedom. They lie to the users, they spy on the users and they hurt the whole GNU/Linux community by porting software to Windows 10.

It's a tradeoff between total soft freedom and pragmatic ism.

There wouldn't be a viable open source OS if not for both RMS (prophetic idealist) and Linus (pragmatic realist). Remember that Ubuntu still relies on very FSF friendly Debian