$120

>240GB
$60

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820242258
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820242258

No anandtech review yet to give us in depth info
but we are getting near to half terabyte capacities for $100

Other urls found in this thread:

extremetech.com/extreme/184253-ssd-shadiness-kingston-and-pny-caught-bait-and-switching-cheaper-components-after-good-reviews
kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/anton-shilov/nvidia-will-not-admit-guilt-of-the-geforce-gtx-970-scandal/
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B019WARKRE/
storagereview.com/samsung_750_evo_ssd_review
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Kingston

not even once.

>His SSD isn't Crucial, Intel or Samsung

>Kingston
Enjoy your bait-and-switch.

I work as a service guy in a pc shop, plus some junior sysadmin tasks
we sold roughly 300 SSDs last year and maybe 100 so far this year

90% of them were V300
we have been selling them for quite some time as they were the cheapest on our market and therefore cheapest in our offer people go for them
there are zero issues with them and only complain you find about them on the internet is that they switched nands after reviews were out for slower ones, so people felt cheated

but kingston is the most trusted RAM brand around here and we had zero trouble with their SSDs, literally, zero out of hundreds

and I installed also few 850 pro and more evos, and during all setting system up I just cant tell the difference between SSDs, any of them

But of course, in my rig is crucial MX100 and in another is samsung 850 evo
I am not a one to be saving ~15€, but theres nothing wrong with kingston, at least with MLC V300 there was nothing wrong

ikr. Same for 3.5GB.

dont bag kingston. 3.5gb was because of a lack of l2 cache for gtx 970, at only 1.75MB, rather than 2mb. the ram is fine, but the cache is not.

What the fuck are you on about

>480gb $120
>translates to 110 britbongislamistandollars

Fucking kill me

Does this mean Linus will upgrade his meme rig and we get to watch him try and recover data again?

I don't care what you think or do - i will not endorse any company that got caught deliberately misleading customers the way kingston did

>kingston
Not falling for their jew tricks.
It's worth spending a little more to know you aren't getting fucking jewed.

Care to elaborate?

That was the memory controller not the memory itself dipshit

Nvidia sold their GTX 970 saying that there's 4GB ram when only 3.5GB is working most of the time. It becomes an ethical question of whether or not you want to buy from companies that lie to you despite the objective performance or reliability of their products. Buy from liars encourages more lying.

Replying to

Is $120 @ 480 GB such a huge deal?

480GB price range has been between $90-130 for months now. Are you slow?

What has nVidias fucked up way of turning a 980 into a 970 got to do with kingston providing the ram modules?

Nobody said anything about Kingston providing ram modules for Nvidia.

extremetech.com/extreme/184253-ssd-shadiness-kingston-and-pny-caught-bait-and-switching-cheaper-components-after-good-reviews

kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/anton-shilov/nvidia-will-not-admit-guilt-of-the-geforce-gtx-970-scandal/

Both are companies deliberately doing false advertising to hoodwink customers.

Fair enough, I haven't heard of that until now. I didn't really bother considering budget SSDs until very recently.

This. I sell them and they still advertise "450MB/s" and "10x faster than HDD".

FUCK THEM

I love when morons spew marketing stats

Kingston on suicide watch.

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B019WARKRE/

>silicon power
rather not have my ssd fail in a week

>$120
so 180 euro
which is like $200
JUST

Yes senpai UK is shit for electronics.

Whatever the price in dollars is you can just stick a pound sign infront and that's what we'll end up paying more or less. So like x1.5 almost.

There are dozen others under $120 offering 480 GB

but it has 4.5 stars out of 5

Most of them are the slowest in benchmarks though senpai.

>that one star review
is what he's saying true about TLC?

Fug, I got an ADADA 480 for around 110 and I'm really happy with it.
Granted I'm only getting 250MB/s because my laptop is fucking 5 years old and is SATA II but fuck it, runs gud.

> The drive uses TLC nand, TLC nand is known WORLDWIDE as junk nand and does not last as long as SLC or MLC. They publish fasr read/write numbers but the drive slow down quickly especially when copying large files. If we all stop buying these junk drives they will be forced to use quality MLC or SLC nand. PLease lets all band together and STOP buying junk TLC ssd's.

he is correct in some aspects

1. TLC has lower write endurance than process MLC
2. TLC has very low sequential write speeds, they often use SLC cache to first write in to, but once you are pass those ~4-16GB the write speed will go down

but TLC is the future and theres no other way around it, its just cheaper to manufacture huge cappacity and drawbacks are not really important for most people

worrying about endurance of ssd based on nand type is by retarded as 240-480GB capacity it will last decades...

for movie studio PC where the speed of disk is important and its all about the writes MLC is a far better choice... but how often do normal users copy files larger than 16GB and need the best speeds

>TL;DR
he mentiones some facts but overall complain is retarded
that being said, I myself rather bought MLC based crucial MX100 than any TLC solution

>endurance
I just had a PNY SSD drop dead out of nowhere after only 2 years of casual usage. Endurance is the only thing that matters to me

what's the cheapest 480gb+ SSD that will last as long as the average HDD? the EVO? Or will a Crucial BX200 be ok?

did you check endurance stats somewhere along the way?
unless you wrote several terabytes a day(1000 gigabytes) during those ~700 days it was not a nand endurance that fucked you
also when nand endurance ends it the drives is still readable

no, my laptop just blue screened out of nowhere and the drive suddenly isn't readable by anything.

something else must have busted in it I guess... I only want an SSD for and OS and maybe have 150gb set aside for some games, which is why I want 480gb

pay more for known quality, not some PNY
its not only in nands, its also in controller and electronics

samsung 850 evo / crucial mx 100 or mx200

or if you got deep pockets there are enterprise versions...

yeah, I don't have deep pockets...
EVO it is

I use two of them (240gb ssdnow!).
Stressed the shit out of them, used them in RAID0, etc.

> Still fucking fast.
> Never had ANY issues with them whatsoever.
> 100% reliable.
> Still got 100% life left

Fuck off.

how does RAID work?
I heard it splits the 1's and 0's into 0.5's so they can move faster, but is it worth it?

As with hard drives it could well be that the SSD controller died and that would stop it from showing up anywhere.

Do you own a Nvidia GPU by chance

This is b8

>tfw bought a 750 evo instead the 850 evo

Did I fuck up?

Whats the price difference? I don't think the 750 was out when I bought my 850 evo 500gb otherwise I would have contemplated it.

storagereview.com/samsung_750_evo_ssd_review

Seems alright if its a good bit cheaper than the 850. It's still just as fast as most SSDs. It drops in a couple of write tests but for normal use it's fine.

If you needed it for maximum throughput then you wouldn't be looking at lower class SSDs anyway am I right?

>180 euro
it's 105 euros here.