/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

There wasn't a stupid questions thread up. So now there is. Ask your stupid questions here. Don't bump, you aren't entitled to an answer.

Remember to Bing Itâ„¢ before you bring it.

Other urls found in this thread:

developers.google.com/youtube/
superuser.com/questions/411506/how-to-view-chromes-cached-web-page
archive.is/nIhse
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is there a node module that generates qr code png images (base64 strings)?

Pebble time or Moto 360 1st gen or something else?
I like custom watch faces can the pebble do that with any wallpaper I want? What are good apps for either?

Mac or Linux?

My fucking dog bit my phone.

Most of the screen is dead, but I still managed to copy the data off the device onto my computer. Thank goodness.

Anything else I can do before I toss the thing into the garbage?

How do you browse youtube videos by most recently uploaded?

I'm new to Adobe After Effects. I have many layers of video scattered in the project randomly and I need them at the beginning of the project to organise them. Is there a way to do this easily, without draggin every single layer maually? Or is there some other way to organize the clips?

I just installed my second 980Ti on this build
>CPU
>MOBO
Gigabyte GA-Z170MX
>Ram
2 X 8 GB 2400 DDR4
>SSD
850 Evo
>HDD
2 TB 7200 RPM
3 TB 5400 RPM
>CPU cooler
Corsair h80i set as push pull
>Fans
3 120mm fans

I have a corsair cx750m 750W 80+ Bronze power supply currently in the build. I'm aware this is on the low end of PSUs and should be getting a Rosewill Quark 850W 80+ Platinum within a day or two. I want to know is it safe to use my current PSU until my new one arrives or should I hold off and wait?

Linux

By subscriptions or by all youtube videos uploaded by anyone?

what's a good monitor to get for sideways browsing, i'm planning on gettting a 27" 1440p 140h as my main monitor.

it's safe

Don't leave it on too long though

Is there's any way to make a laptop run faster?
clean the drives, use win97 skin, etc?

No, I mean say I am just browsing and want to view the newest videos that have been uploaded to youtube? Is this possible? I do not have a youtube account

I went on the internet on my flipphone (Nokia 2720). I get 2gb data to use monthly from my provider. Is this the data that my flipphone uses up or will i have to pay extra bc it's not a smartphone? I haven't found any information on my flipphones internet, i know it's not WiFi

Got a quick one.

Every time I start my computer or re-connect to my wireless, the internet on my desktop won't work for a few minutes, then it does. Everything connects fine, but when I try to visit a site, it won't work until I let it sit for a few minutes.

I recently discovered that during this time, a svchost process is running at a constant 25% cpu load and when the internet starts working correctly, it goes down to normal. I thought this might be my connection configuring but then I tried ending the task while it was still running at 25% and my connection immediately started working fine.

I've already run several virus scans because I know svchost is a common vector for that shit, but nothing came up besides some tracking cookies here and there.

So what the fuck could possibly be going on?

I have an old laptop that's nonfunctional now. the screen no longer works and i'm sure the fan or something else might have ceased to work as well. is it possible to transfer the laptop data from the harddrive into the desktop i'm building and use that copy of windows as well? if so, how?

I'm building a PC and budgeted by the Excellent tier for all my parts and case. Save for the vid-card. I sprung for a GTX 980.

Will this cause compatibility problems?

Forgot to say i'm going by logicalincrements.com

I don't think there is a way to do that, sorry.

I doubt you're missing much, though. Hundreds of videos are uploaded each second and most of it is probably garbage.

If you're desperate, you can dig around in the Youtube API for something.
developers.google.com/youtube/

Pebbel's colors are lacking

it won't

Thank you kind sir

no you faggot

Use a sata cable. If you plan on actually keeping that drive you should find a caddy since desktop drives are 3.5 inches and laptop drives are 2.5 inches

Tear it apart and throw it at your dog

I just can't seem to get rid of screen tearing in antergos. have a 750ti and installed the nvidia drivers enabled g-sync but they wont go away when playing video. any ideas?

I assume by too long you mean over 24 hours correct? Anyway thanks for the help. Here's a picture of the newly completed build.

Try a different operating system

>Sup Forums - Technology
my file explorer on windows 10 wont open when i installed the os

install windoo

/r/ing that thermal paste benchmark picture

I go this laptop from a friend second hand, it's plenty old but runs well enough. I keep getting this blue screen error randomly though. It says that some drivers are not 'equal or less' recently to fix another problem we upgraded graphics drivers. i think that might be it. My question is, what is this? and how do i solve it?
>Here's the speccy if it helps

Why is compiling source code using gcc/g++/msbuild/fucking any cgywin or mingw you can pull out your ass in windows so goddamn hard?

Whenever I try, it always ends up needing a whole bunch of extra files I never have on my computer; and when I get them, it needs more. Half the time it won't even recognize the .c or .h file it specifically requested I have in the folder, in the folder.

And Makefiles don't do shit either. whenever I try to use the "make" command a error comes back to bite me in my ass. "no such file or directory" here, and "invalid command" there.

Keep in mind, this is source code from online. Open-source shit that numerous other people seem to have gotten without a fucking hitch. Source code damn-near guaranteed to compile correctly by the author, and source code I have never altered or messed with. all I've done was unzip the shit.

No, README's don't tell me anything. I make it a point to gather any dependencies the file is sure to need. Half the time they just write one word synopsises of what it's supposed to be, but even when they attempt to tell me how to compile, it NEVER works.

Please Sup Forums, all I wan't to do is to be able to compile any source code. ANY. It's not even about functionality anymore, i've turned completly autistic with rage over how to accomplish this simple fucking task. I know it shouldn't be this hard.

It's windows 8, what are you recommending?
it's i5 4200 1.6ghz
4gb ram
radeon 8530m 2gb

doesn't sound so bad on paper,
I just want my pc to boot, use file explorer, alt tab, etc, in a fast, steady pace, instead of lagging about.

Apparently there's something with the switchable graphics on this laptop, I tried to make it only on "maximum performance" (meaning the gpu and not the cpu's gpu I guess)
but it will show up the cpu's gpu on the dxdiag menu...

I have a Play & Charge Kit for my wireless xbox 360 which I use to play on my PC.

I'm trying to charge the battery by plugging the kit into a phone charger, but it doesn't appear to be enough charge or something since the LED light on the kit is off, although the controller turns on while it's charging.

How do you charge this shit without an xbox console?

What is the best browser?

Need a good resource for Microsoft Server 2012 410, 411, 412 study/exam guides.

what does Sup Forums use for IT certs?
i found CompTIA offers some but i don't know if theres competition or what.

chromium for muh freedoms. its open source
firefox has gotten very buggy and slow since the SJWs took it over. IE is still garbage but not as bad.
chrome is a botnet but still high quality.
anything other than these listed is meme tier and will have shitty settings and limitations. for example Opera does not let you highlight text and search google for that text.

>./configure && make && make install

>why is compiling shit on windows so hard
Its windows

>other sources
Its called deps, you dont have them, get them.
Each dep has its own deps,chain down etc.
Thats just how it is. Nothing you can do,but pull in basic sources and have them locally in case shit needs it

>he fell for the mingw meme
The is only one option for coding C++ on windows. Visual Studio. anyone who tells you otherwise is trolling. I fell into the trap before, and I see a new person on here nearly every day who fell for it.

A+ is kind of industry standard, no one really gives a shit if you know how to plug in a computer, but it's expected to be there. Figure out what you want to do and get certified in those things. Want to do networking? Get your Net+ or CCNA.

Experience trumps everything though. You can be the most certed up motherfucker on the block, but if you have no practical knowledge, you'll lose that job to Pajeet every time.

good idea for android app ?

Shitty drivers or shitty OS. Upgrade/reinstall.
Development on Windows is shit in everything but C#. Dual boot to Linux and cross compile, if needed.
Chromium.
Write an app that uses the gyroscope to calculate scores for various acrobatics, that phones do, when you throw them into the air.

app that works with facetime

What is your opinion on Maxthon?

chinese botnet to steal your data

I have a Gigabyte 990XA-UD3 motherboard, with their on/off USB charging, where you can charge stuff while the computer is off. Sometimes it doesn't work. There were some kind of drivers for that originally. It's the motherboard to blame, or my crappy four year old Windows 7 installation?

Are any AM3+ CPUs good enough to power the Vive for glorious VR?

If I swap out only my CPU, do I need to switch any drivers or reformat, for a Windows 7 or Linux install?

Satellite watching app with Facebook integration.

>>./configure && make && make install
>./configure:command not found

fuck this, i'm installing debian

This.

How do I become a good programmer from scratch and getting job at software company?

Having some issues, not computer literate at all. Used to use XBMC to stream media to my xbox in my living room, updated to Win 10 and can no longer do so.

Just figured out I can right click on media and stream it directly to my xbox from my PC, which has the downside of not being able to choose content from the living room, but I'll deal with it.

Anyway, my issue is that the streaming itself wouldn't work until I realised I had to manually enable media streaming in Windows' 'Media Streaming Options' page. For whatever reason it was turned off by default.

However, after restarting, it allows defaults to 'off', meaning I have to manually enable it.

Anyone got any idea what's causing this?

How do I get Stallman to materialise in my room?

What's a good email client to use on Windows?

He's only a bottle of pills away

Kill your dog

Gmail.

How do I recover page from cache (Chrome)? There is one website I want to look at, but meanwhile it got deleted. But I have the original version still saved in my Chrome cache and looking for ways how to "decrypt" it.

I don't like how Gmail forces you into having a Google account; I want an email client that's seperate from other services.

How good is LaTex compared to word?

Does it take a lot of time to set up a program to work in Wine?

Do you do that once and have it work just like other programs from thereon or do you have to go through the process each time you run it?

Is there something better than Precision X? It's a fucking piece of shit that never works right.

what are some g approved VPNs?

No one ever responds, im assuming on one on this board uses one,contrary to the shitposting they do about using vpn's

teens/neets can't afford VPN

How can one know about a good vpn, if one has no references that arent biased?

can't say it's Sup Forums approved, but nordvpn is probably the most secure for the price and has some neat features, it's also pretty fast. been using it for over 6 months

Thoughts on openmailbox?

why do you need vpn anyways? are you a pedo?

Why are you using https? Are you a terrorist?

superuser.com/questions/411506/how-to-view-chromes-cached-web-page

They dont use openvpn.

Why can't I use this fucking ping even while in I'm using an administrators account in the administrator command prompt?
what the fuck

Why isn't your SSN included in your post signature? Are you some kind of hacker?

you can use openvpn if you'd like, they just give you the option to use their own program too.

relevant
archive.is/nIhse

ping /?

Usage: ping [-t] [-a] [-n count] [-l size] [-f] [-i TTL] [-v TOS]
[-r count] [-s count] [[-j host-list] | [-k host-list]]
[-w timeout] [-R] [-S srcaddr] [-4] [-6] target_name

Options:
-t Ping the specified host until stopped.
To see statistics and continue - type Control-Break;
To stop - type Control-C.
-a Resolve addresses to hostnames.
-n count Number of echo requests to send.
-l size Send buffer size.
-f Set Don't Fragment flag in packet (IPv4-only).
-i TTL Time To Live.
-v TOS Type Of Service (IPv4-only. This setting has been deprecated
and has no effect on the type of service field in the IP Header).
-r count Record route for count hops (IPv4-only).
-s count Timestamp for count hops (IPv4-only).
-j host-list Loose source route along host-list (IPv4-only).
-k host-list Strict source route along host-list (IPv4-only).
-w timeout Timeout in milliseconds to wait for each reply.
-R Use routing header to test reverse route also (IPv6-only).
-S srcaddr Source address to use.
-4 Force using IPv4.
-6 Force using IPv6.

Perhaps because you are using it wrong?

I was trying to do a Dual boot between Windows 7 and Ubuntu.

Did every step I found. Partitioned my drive with the Windows Disk Manager, created unallocated space of around 30gb, then proceeded to boot into the Ubuntu cd.

However, during installation I got to a point where It asked me ''Install alongside Windows 7'' or ''Something else''.

After a quick search it seemed like everybody suggested the first choice.

Installation was completed but, after restarting, I only had one choice to boot into which was Ubuntu. So I think It erased my previous Windows install.

How do I fix this? Is the correct choice ''Something else'' if I already partitioned my drive before hand?

Usage: ping [-t] [-a] [-n count] [-l size] [-f] [-i TTL] [-v TOS]
[-r count] [-s count] [[-j host-list] | [-k host-list]]
[-w timeout] [-R] [-S srcaddr] [-c compartment] [-p]
[-4] [-6] target_name

>[-c compartment]
?

Inside the controller it says 5V == 450mA. The phone adapter is 5V == 2A. With my phone charging on the same adapter it's 1A.

Any reason why the battery on the controller seemingly won't charge?

what do I put in for username?

i know I didn't have to censor the information but I like colouring desu.

This is with leaseweb btw.

The username they/you created after root was created

pls respond

well damn, I don't remember creating a username. Can't find anything other than pic related in my email, the link only leading to what's contained here Out of desperation I even tried my order number. I'll look through different parts of their website but I just can't find and info on it.

>if you need further assistance please contact Sup Forums@g

Are some SATA cables slower than others?

i'm considering buying an ATC bot, or something similar to buy shoes.

where can i get started on how to do that myself? idc if it takes me months to learn.

Yes, goyim. Always buy the diamond-tipped cables. Just like HDMI.

what's the best detachable laptop/tablet hybrid that i can get used on ebay for like $300-400 or less

no one taught me the basics of networking so be gentle.

I have a phone attached to a router's wifi network. 10.0.0.0 This router is connected to a modem/switch 192.168.0.0
my machine is attached to the 192 network. How would I go about pinging my mobile phone with my computer?

ping -- send ICMP ECHO_REQUEST packets to network hosts

SYNOPSIS
ping [-AaDdfnoQqRrv] [-c count] [-G sweepmaxsize] [-g sweepminsize]
[-h sweepincrsize] [-i wait] [-l preload] [-M mask | time] [-m ttl]
[-P policy] [-p pattern] [-S src_addr] [-s packetsize] [-t timeout]
[-W waittime] [-z tos] host
>?
The clueless response is exactly what I was trying to point out.

diamond?
Get on my level faggot, fucking palladium or nothing

Your phone is not on your network.It would not have a 10.X.X.X address.

Anyone know where I can download a clean Windows 7 Ultimate ISO?

What are people's experiences buying used gpu's?
I'm thinking of picking up a used 970 off of craigslist or amazon or something once the 1070 comes out but I've never bought anything used before, much less something as significant as a gpu.
Is it generally safe?

Dont buy used tech. There could be a fuck ton of issues they dont know about, and will shop up with you use it. Seeing how prefectly new delivered from newegg/amazon have faliures....

ok, so if I stick with getting a 970 or 980 straight from the seller on amazon or newegg approximately how long would it take for the price drops?
The 1080 already came out and the 1070 is coming out on the 10th.

reinstall it you lil shit

*soon*
If you're going to keep waiting for the next thing to come out, you're never going to get anything new

Is windows defender a decent enough anti virus for someone who's not a moron? I fucking hate Avast, but it's what I've been using for years.