/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
>Samsung Galaxy S7 active is official with larger battery, exclusive to AT&T
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s7_active_is_official_and_exclusive_to_at_ampt-news-18652.php

>The Galaxy S7 active touts a Snapdragon 820 chipset, 4GB of RAM and 32GB of expandable storage. The 5.1" QHD display is shatter-resistant thanks to an added layer of polycarbonate and the added bulk in the phone's design is in parts thanks to the 4,000mAh battery inside.

>Gionee S6 Pro detailed by TENAA: 5.5" 1080p AMOLED, S652 chipset
gsmarena.com/gionee_s6_pro_detailed_by_tenaa_55_1080p_amoled_s652_chipset-news-18651.php

>Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 official photos leak prior to launch
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_tab_s3_official_photos_leak_prior_to_launch-news-18649.php

>Samsung Galaxy J3 Pro goes official with quad-core CPU, 5-inch display
gsmarena.com/galaxy_j3_pro_goes_official_with_quadcore_cpu_5inch_display-news-18646.php

>OnePlus 2 finally starts getting Marshmallow update
gsmarena.com/oneplus_2_finally_starts_getting_marshmallow_update-news-18639.php

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s7-active
phandroid.com/2016/05/16/sprint-samsung-galaxy-s7-sport-rumor/
phandroid.com/2016/05/18/samsung-galaxy-s7-active-picture/
similarweb.com/blog/worldwide-messaging-apps
gsmarena.com/thoughts_on_the_zopo_speed_8-blog-18607.php
phonearena.com/news/Major-OnePlus-3-leak-found-on-Oppomart-6-variants-of-the-phone-coming_id81831
redlightoflove.com/snap/
crackberry.com/snap-apk-downloader-blackberry-10-updated-v1960
teknistore.com/index.php?id_product=519&controller=product&id_lang=1&
everbuying.net/product1093047.html
aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-OUKITEL-K4000-Pro-MTK6735P-1-0GHz-Quad-Core-5-0-HD-Screen-Android-5-1/1820487_32597479203.html
gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_354207.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm thinking of buying a 200€~ smartphone from China. What does Sup Forums recommend and what's the most trustworthy site to buy one?

Thoughts on the new S7 active?

Looks pretty cool. I would derived if there will be an international version with exynos chipset. Battery life would be amazing.

******I wonder
Fucking auto correct eat a dick

>apple users have imessage and enjoy free wifi texting and easily arranged group chats
>android users have over 9000 different message apps to choose from and thus most people just stick with SMS, also enjoy your confusing group chats

Why can't google make an iMessage equivalent and force EVERYBODY to use it as the stock app?

This is my one gripe with lagdroid, messaging really is a pain

Yes, looks like it's AT&T exclusive for now.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Active review:
androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s7-active

Because carriers I imagine. Somehow they still have Google and OEMs bent over ripe for fucking. Apple on the other hand hold all the power

It shouldn't be too hard to convince people to get Whatsapp surely? Most people I know have it even with iPhones

WhatsApp is the standard. Also texts are free for most people.

>whatsapp is standard

Yeah, maybe in hueland or yurop. I've literally never seen anybody use whatsapp in the states.

If I was american I would use an iPhone. Whatever reason you think android is better is not worth not having iMessage.

reposting my question due to bump limit.

Any owners of the Redmi note 3 pro here?
If so how is the audio quality?

thanks

you're completely right

once i can get a contract upgrade im probably going to get the newest ishit device

literally everybody around here uses iMessage, its just not fair

Honestly who even uses iMessages. Everybody is on WhatsApp, Messenger, Viber and Telegram. I don't remember if iMessages have groups, random emoticons, voice recording? Don't be sorry.

>Everybody is on WhatsApp, Messenger, Viber and Telegram

literally where are you from

Europe, where only about 50% have iPhones. ^^

It looks like it MIGHT happen. I fucking hope so, insane battery, microSD, durable as fuck, this phone would last ages.

phandroid.com/2016/05/16/sprint-samsung-galaxy-s7-sport-rumor/
phandroid.com/2016/05/18/samsung-galaxy-s7-active-picture/

I really fucking hope so.

Anyone have an Huawei phone or the R7 Plus? thinking of buying one.

America has 50% iphones. Europe has 20%

>Yeah, maybe in hueland or yurop. I've literally never seen anybody use whatsapp in the states.

>Americans are backward primitive neanderthals who intentionally use deprecated standards
Gee, how surprising.

This metric system argument is actually invalid as long as the US in fact remains the greatest nation of all. Its not like they're Liberia. Seriously, what is Liberia thinking?

Looks bretty neat, but who knows if it'll come to Europe

Because only Americans are dumb enough to still use outdated SMS technology

similarweb.com/blog/worldwide-messaging-apps

Liberia and the US are butt buddies, do you not have history lessons in Burgerland?

>The Republic of Liberia, beginning as a settlement of the American Colonization Society (ACS), declared its independence on July 26, 1847. The United States did not recognize Liberia's independence until during the American Civil War on February 5, 1862. Between January 7, 1822 and the American Civil War, more than 15,000 freed and free-born Black Americans from United States and 3,198 Afro-Caribbeans relocated to the settlement.[8] The Black American settlers carried their culture with them to Liberia. The Liberian constitution and flag were modeled after the United States. In January 3, 1848 Joseph Jenkins Roberts, a wealthy free-born Black American from Virginia who settled in Liberia, was elected as Liberia's first president after the people proclaimed independence.[8]

>Liberia is the only African republic to have self-proclaimed independence without gaining independence through revolt from any other nation, being Africa's first and oldest republic. Liberia maintained and kept its independence during the European colonial era. During World War II, Liberia supported the United States war efforts against Germany and in turn the United States invested in considerable infrastructure in Liberia to help its war effort, which also aided the country in modernizing and improving its major air transportation facilities

Whatswap what the fuck is this? Some kind of new botnet?

I bet most of you Onii-chans will sacrifacee left testicle for good built in non touch screen keyboard in new phone.

Liberia was an American colony iirc.

Recommend me a good phablet. Big smartphone. Other things I'd want is a quality display, great camera and long battery life.

Also no chinkphones because I want to be able to pick it up locally and not wait for the boat from China.

>I bet most of you Onii-chans will sacrifice left testicle for good built in non touch screen keyboard in new phone.

samsung makes pic related

Only retarded Americans use iMessage.

S7 Edge or iPhone 6S Plus?

pic related

All the people I talk to are on Facebook Messenger, why are you friends with retards that don't know what cross platform apps are?

>All the people I talk to are on Facebook Messenger

yeah maybe in yuropoorland where nobody owns an iphone you can get away with that shit

try not having imessage in the states where literally 50% of all phones are an iphone

also enjoy your fragmented experience and having to juggle around whatsapp, FB messenger, viber, and the latest dildo app just to talk to people

Literally no one I know has, or uses iMessage. on the hand, literally everyone across the continent has Whatsapp, which is far superior.

Amerliards are ought to be the exception, they always seem to think they know better, when in reality, they don't.

>America
>not using metric

lol

metric is used in nearly all US sciences, and is taught alongside the imperial system in schools

Built in not fucking plastic condom you squeeze smartphone into. Onii-chan not paying attention Desu!

>yeah maybe in yuropoorland where nobody owns an iphone you can get away with that shit

Try again, people with iPhones use Messenger here too because they aren't retards

>also enjoy your fragmented experience and having to juggle around whatsapp, FB messenger, viber, and the latest dildo app just to talk to people

Come on buddy, you only know how to speak one language and you're still illiterate? Only needing to use one messaging app isn't a "fragmented experience".

>literally the texting app
please. It really saddens me to see retards like you actually use the internet.

ZOPO Speed 8 review

gsmarena.com/thoughts_on_the_zopo_speed_8-blog-18607.php

Hate my nexus 6p, falls out of shorts pockets easily while driving or at the gym.
Battery life isn't what I expected on such a large phone.
Can't use it single handed for full screen usage.

Thinking about buying an iphone SE and just selling the 6p.

Go back to sucking Tim Cook's cock, iShill.

You posted the same thing last thread. Just buy the iphone

S7 Edge

I just ordered the Elephone P9000 for 250 eurodollarydoos, did I fuck up?

No one really added any other options or inputs.
But you're right i'll probably just go buy the SE when it's back in stock at verizon.

No, I fucking want one too
Look at those sexy slim bezels
What's the resolution on this thing anyway? Those icons look huge

1920x1080 over 5,5 inches

Its enormous relief to have such a small phone, but you will often wish for bigger. Still, putting it in pocket of any pants is a good thing. Dropping it and not ruining it is too. Those phones are little bricks. I dropped my 5s like 10 times on the concrete. Especially those little bricks having such power and battery to do absolutely everything and take great photos. And for that price? Hell yes. Actually now that I wrote this I ask myself is SE literally the best phone on the market right now? If that size is your thing, just go for it.

>did I fuck up?
>MTK P10
>250€

Yes.

Wait for the iPhone 7 which will surely #rekt all these Lagdroid uses here in /spg/.

Why not go something in between? 5in phones are relatively easy to use one handed, and don't have such a tiny screen either. Especially coming from the 6p, and 5in phone will feel much smaller

RN3P>>>>>P9000.

What do you think? I think you know the answer. Deluding yourself into thinking these phones can compare to those made by Sony, Samsung or Apple is really infantile. Have fun with lag, sudden battery drops, quirky screen at times, design you will soon find out its just not as good and something irks you about it, bad performance under various settings that are not the defaultest of default and variety of other issues. I really just want the best for you people and wasting your money on just about everything is not that. Sorry for being rude..

Is the K6000 premium phantomware?

>tfw no quirky screen gf

There are good chinks out there, but that elephone is not one of them.

Yes, but you shouldn't buy Oukitel either way
see.

user, is this bait? Look at the brickstones from sony and the fisher price toy phones from samsung and tell me that the design is anything other than disgusting again.

This post almost make no sense. Not only that design of Sony and Apple phones is great, so is their hardware. Remember that you literally always....always...get what you pay for. Never forget this simple truth that is the cause of enormous butthurt here.

But Samsung literally makes the best Android phones on the market right now.

Is there a more modern equivalent to the Xperia Z3c without a housefire SoC?

iPhone SE :^)

Maybe Oneplus X?

S7 Mini.

Xperia Z5 Compact?

What are the highest specs I can get on a $200 phone with an SD card slot and support for 1700 band LTE

overheats even at light load
plastic lens cover scratches easily causing blurred pics

pity as it's surely the last of the small decent specced androids

used?

LG G4

New OnePlus 3 leaks:

phonearena.com/news/Major-OnePlus-3-leak-found-on-Oppomart-6-variants-of-the-phone-coming_id81831

>$369
>SD820
>3650mAh battery
>IMX298 w/ OIS
>5.5" FHD

This is my next.

unsubstantiated rumours unless you have a good source?

If the software isn't cancer, the battery life should be great

do they not just use CM? how frequently and for how long do they update?

Ogyxen OS, which is based on CM.

Anyone?

I was debating between the regular S7 and the edge. I ended up getting the edge bc of the better battery and added functions. I also got a promotion for a free Gear VR for entertainment purposes :^)
goodbye $55 phone

>Phablet. Big smartphone
>Also no chinkphones
No such thing.

S7 Edge is the closest. Or the Note 6/7 which releases in August.

Sup Sup Forums

I have Samsung S3 Mini, its nice but there was not a single android update for it. Is there any cheep chinkphone I could buy to replace my samsung?

Ok, I went from S5 to iPhone 6 awhile back, and the iPhone is trash. I want to go back to the Galaxy line, but I dont know which one to get. Should I go Galaxy S6 edge or s7 active/edge? One of my bigger concerns is camera quality

S7 has the best camera on any mobile phone right now. edge or not decide upon your size preference.

try asking on /csg/, there's a bunch of them with it over there.

Redmi Note 3 Pro

Anyone have the Priv? I really want a hardware keyboard and Priv seems the best option.

hey guys im looking for a chink phone similar to Homtom HT7 Pro under $80-90, just looking for alternatives

>Whatsapp
Ignoring the fact that it's facebook spyware, nobody under the age of 30 will ever use that. Save for countries like India of course.

UMI Touch X

Oukitel K4000/K4000 Pro

Cubot Note S

just got a Blackberry Passport, really nice feel to it and the OS works really great i just have one problem.

what the fuck is blackberry app world...
where are my google apps at, ive tried installing apks and shit and they either don't work or need google play services.

if anyone knows anything about APK's and what im probably doing wrong let me know as i feel pretty autistic rn

I think you're limited to the amazon app store unless there's third party roms

If you're talking about the US sure. Lots of use in the EU because of low iPhone usage. I'd just stick with iMessage, or I guess Facebook Messenger til someone has a solution if I ended up in the US
Also how is it spyware?

>irrelevant third world countries use whatsapp
hmm

those are over $110
i need something really cheap, it doesnt have to be that good

you can istall apks but most dont work propaly
either bb world or amazon appstore (apps dont work that well also)

i love to bbos 10 but its pretty much dead
end of year whatsapp stops support
new bbs get android

i really dont know what to get now, android is shit, ios is expensive and boring

Blackberry Passport doesn't run Android, it runs BlackBerry OS 10.3. it won't run any Android apps naively. it runs them via QNX emulation.

You need snap:
redlightoflove.com/snap/
crackberry.com/snap-apk-downloader-blackberry-10-updated-v1960

yeah i checked it out, there was some brazilian dude who managed to get marshmallow on there but other than that i havent seen anything, it looked pretty choppy too so i didnt fancy it.

Might be £154 wasted lol

Is there a noticable difference between 2GB and 3GB of RAM? Thinking of the Redmi Note 3 Pro specifically.

>how is it spyware
Facebook bought whatsapp for 20 billion 2 years ago. It's a company that's whole business model is based around selling information to the highest bidder, do you really think they would drop that kind of money on something "just because"?

All you darn MEMERS talking shit about LG

Remember who makes the Nexus 5X

Yeah agree so much here, the BB OS is so good its just no one wants to develop for it, wouldnt even be hard would just be fiddling with the android APKs surely?

Hopefully when they release the android update for the newer phones i will get the option to change my passport over.

Been there, snaps developers gave up over a year ago now, there is nothing there and its all dead and broke. thanks for the help tho

Looks like its back to using bluestacks for snapchat and lewds lol

No they are not?

UMI Touch X
$90
teknistore.com/index.php?id_product=519&controller=product&id_lang=1&

Oukitel K4000 $ 85
everbuying.net/product1093047.html

Oukitel K4000 PRO $87
aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-OUKITEL-K4000-Pro-MTK6735P-1-0GHz-Quad-Core-5-0-HD-Screen-Android-5-1/1820487_32597479203.html

Cubot Note S $79
gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_354207.html

>most of the world
Get over yourself americunt and accept that most of the world choosing a universal free service is better than using iMessage