Back mounted hdd/ssd

What is your take on this method?
Hotter drive temps (no fans blowing at them directly) or cooler (away from hot air)?

better put them inside a cage and have a fan blowing from beneath

Heat rises

I have to case too. My drive temps went up a couple degrees, but nothing major desu. The airflow in the front is worth the trade off for sure.

Yeah, but I'm wondering, keeping the hdd's in a cage in front of 2x120mm fans I've never got temps below 30c. Also vibration are sometimes annoying. Wondering if this would help.

The back is the only place for an SSD. It doesn't need to be secured for any real reason.

do drive temps ever cause any problems?

In my current build I get 32c on a 850 evo and WD 1tb respectively, and 34c on a seagate 3tb

Hard disk actually last longer when warmer (>40C). There was a study about it.

I think repeatedly heating and cooling a hard disk will cause more problems than leaving it warm.

>Kingston

kill yourself

They'll never reach dangerous temperatures anyways, so it doesn't matter where you put it.

Unless your drives are anywhere in 25-50C range, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. If they exceed 50's - adjust cooling and drives placement.

It's a stock pic of a case I want to buy. Kingston is not a bad ssd choice though. Bit on the budget side but why hate?

What do you think about it? What air setup you did with it? I plan on adding 2x120mm in the front and one 120 at the bottom. Bothers me it doesn't have any fan control so I'm looking for a good pwm splitter as well.

Is the cooling and noise suppression good?

Never gave a fuck how hot my hdds got, never had one break, still have drives from 10 years ago in my pc

He hates Kingston SSDs because he regrets his purchase decision.

>tfw all your drives are ~42C 24/7

Wish my case had it, room for more airflow and shit that way.

Just about quadruples your HDD failure odds if it's regularly over 50 C. That being said it's hard to get there.

ur dum

HDD/SSD mounted at the back is a super comfy option.

1. More space in the case itself
2. Airflow unimpeded by cages
3. Lots of room for custom loops

The only thing I don't like about that define S case is that it has no psu shroud.

Don't you have to overclock your drives to get them that hot?