Is there a modern day phone that comes close to the experience of a Nokia Lumia 920?

Is there a modern day phone that comes close to the experience of a Nokia Lumia 920?

Since WM10 sucks major balls, and WP8 is a dead end...

Unpopular opinion here

WP8 was just so well designed, fluid, consistent, fast, stable and dependable... And the 920 had a good camera, battery and reception, was built like a rock and looked great. Just the perfect package...

I'm not trying to be biased here, but every phone I come across just seems like a downgrade.

I can't stand the design of the iPhone and iOS, it feels like a 2009-envisioning of the smartphone, but I think it wins in terms of reliability.

The Sony Xperia Z5 comes close in terms of design and build quality, but I'm afraid Android will piss me off as much as WM10 does. I have literally zero tolerance for bugs and crashes, and Android is just so cluttered and inconsistent.

tl;dr Need a bullshit-free smartphone that is reliable, built like a rock and doesn't look like shit.

I want an ubuntu phone with apk support desu.

Not a single phone can compare. Windows phone is dead. iOS or Android only.

iOS is pretty gud desu senpai

You can make an Android phone look like a Wangblows phone.

Had a windows phone, it was the worse experience in my life. Literally wanted to commit suicide when I used one.

you can make a Hyundai look like a sports car but it will still be a shit car

If only nokia came out with android... Those phones are fucking marvelous apart the shit software.

As much as I agree with OP regarding the state of Win10, some of the things the latest builds brought to the table made me dump mu P8 and take back my Lumia 640.

SMS on all devices being the latest one I cant live without. My job requires me to log into 6 services with 2 step auth daily. With SMS now coming to my laptop as well, it's 90% less of a hustle.

To be honest MS Office is shit.
I was disappointed to discover Excel doesn't even support absolute and relative cells.

t. Android user

OP here, thats what I thought when I first used it. But after a week, I "got" it.

It was like grasping the concept of object oriented programming after a life of procedural programming.

Why not get the newer windows phones?

W10M is horrible on the older ones but it runs decent on the 950 and 950xl. If the app gap doesn't bug you, i'd go for it

Maybe he just doesn't like the look or the size of those phones I dunno.

Part of the reason why I'm unable to upgrade from the Lumia 800 (still WP7) is because I really like its design and because it isn't an oversized piece of shit. The only phones at the same sizes are only the entry level shit, which I wouldn't even mind much, but they all look like toys instead of the professional-ish look of the 800 and the 920.

get a 1020 for dat camera

I had a 1020, it literally died in a year.
No MicroSD sucks.

I have a DSLR so I don't need a phone with some retarded big camera in it.

Also, any phone over 4 inch is moronic.

W10M is just ridden with bugs, inconsistencies and annoyances, quite the opposite of WP8

I wish that MS could provide Win10 Mobile upgrade for my 8.1 already. They keep saying that my phone can do so (Lumia 640 DS) and that they "work with phone manufacturer" (bullshit, YOU ARE) since March.

What a funny joke, MS.

Did you try Upgrade Advisor?

Yes, thats exactly what Im using.

I asked on site dedicated to MS mobile stuff, but all those guys could say was "lol, get Insider". Come on!

Blackberry 10. Preferrably a keyboarded one like Q10 or Classic.

I jumped ship from WP8.1 too and don't regret it at all. It doesn't have any fancy things like the latest apps for social media, but coming from WP you should be already fine with that. The OS is butter smooth and you can usually get anywhere in a couple of gestures. The hub is also really powerful and a lot better than having a bunch of apps scattered all over for email/phone/text

I thought WhatsApp and FB would be discontinued for BBOS, is that true? I could care less for FB but I use whatsapp quite a lot

Btw, where did the options to scan QR codes, translate text and recognize music -when pressing the search button- go in W10M??

windows 10 mobile is dogshit anyway

after 2 years with my windows phone i'm getting a used note 4 temporarily, and once my contract is up in september i'll probably get an iShit device

I have a windows phone right now.
My will to commit suicide isnt related to that though.

Wait for the z6/successor to the x - sony's andorid is actually pretty nice too