Chromebooks and ChromeOS are the greatest things Google has ever done

Chromebooks and ChromeOS are the greatest things Google has ever done.

Yes or yes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dz5CG0t0yek
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

My rMBP says no

>greatest thing GOOGLE has ever done
>somehow macbook refutes this point
>because its obviously made by google
Apple shill pls go

Id say the search engine is the best thing google has ever done.

I wish more laptops would be made in that aspect ratio.

Chromebooks? Yes
ChromeOS? No
Linux on an i3 chromebook makes for a cheap but powerful laptop.

Chrome OS seems interesting, but why would I want to run it over Ubuntu? I can still access all of Google's web apps through Chrome, plus Ubuntu has some Steam games, emulators and a virtual machine app.

>Simple
>Reliable
>Stable
>Retard proof (so you can give it to your parents)
>Offline office, video, music player, programs
>Soon to be getting Android apps as well
>Open Source
>Free as in freedom
>Lets you run Linux inside Chrome OS
>Doesn't slow down
>Constantly getting improved
>A literal dream for ITfags working for school districts
>Aesthetically pleasing
>Amazing parity with Google services

Chrome OS is wonderful.

So you are saying that the greatest thing google has ever done is also the worst product on the market is in?

I love these things. I got one for my parents, I uploaded their 12k photos onto Google Photos, and now I never have to deal with their tech bullshit EVER. It's completely idiot proof, because all they do is use Facebook and check Email.

If they need anything, I just use Chrome Remote Assistance.

It's fucking awesome. If they had a native Skype Client, I'd be set. But with Android apps coming, I'll get my wish.

Did I mention
>God tier battery life

Im not saying that, OP is. I am saying search engine is the greatest thing, raising an arguement against OP. Also saying you are an idiot without any reading comprehension.

>kvm
>app

kys you mac loving faggot

Definitely the search engine Google.
People dont even say "search it on the internet" they say "Google it".
Thats a hell of an impact where all across the world, people refer to looking something up online as "googling it".

Chromebooks and ChromeOS are nice though.
Shitposting from my Sup Forums approved CB3 right now

??? I've never owned a Mac. Fuck off Windowsfag

no I am a linux fag and kill yourself for calling kvm (linux's virtualization technology) an app, it's not an app it is a kernel module and w/e front end you use is also not an app but I guess ifags like yourself just use the word app to mean program these days.

Fuck off you homosexual

Also fuck off OP, chromebooks are the worst thing to have ever existed. I bought one and using was the the most excruciatingly painful event in my life. Literally almost made me kill myself.

Fuck chromebooks, I had to sell mine on ebay for half of what I bought it for. Stupid fucking dumb meme garbage.

I'm an Android user. It's 2016. All programs are called apps now.

You can't do gaymen on a chromebook, so not

Only a moron buys a chromebook and is disappointed with it, because it means you didn't do your research on what a chromebook is capable of, and what the chromebook is capable of, it does so objectively good

Obviously not. Their search is despite it not being as good as it used to be.

*dell

Chrome books are Dell with s chrome book badge.

They'll gonna become better when they'll finally merge chrome OS and android.

I have the Toshiba CB 2.
>13.3" 1080p
>4gb ddr3
>Intel Celeron 3215U dual core
>16gb ssd that is replaceable with a larger one. (M.2 2242 type drive. 250GB+ drives are $50 on newegg.)

I get close to 12 hours on a single charge. The thing is perfect for my needs. Haven't even so much as looked at my T420 in months. The only time I ever fire it up is for hypervisor work on the go which is far and few between.

Theres that search engine thingy too

I have that one too. God it's so fucking good. Battery life is crazy too

Google is a shit company run by sandal wearing hipster faggots who think "taco Tuesday" is an actual thing for young urban slicksters.

POO
O
O

Don't have one but are they safe?

They are too cheap to be true and i don't want to waste fucking 200 dollars on something it won't last long

They're safe. I'm still using my 170$ C720.

Posting from it right now, actually. It's just as fast, battery last justs as long, just as reliable as it was two years ago, and I have no plans on stopping now.

>cant use a usb printer unless it has cloud print capability

Just don't buy a bottom of the barrel one is all. Even though their build quality is usually decent as well, the models like the CB 2 from Toshiba or Samsung is much higher quality. Better screens and keyboards. If potentially using Linux in crouton on your Chromebook is a must, don't buy Samsung CB. They use their ARM chips in theirs so Linux would barely work if at all. Anything Intel based works great.

Honestly im just waiting for someone to crack CB and force windows on it. Then Windows machines would truly be done in the lower bracket. Where else would you be able to get a system with an ssd, 1080p screen, and great battery life for sub $300?

That's also coming soon.

Google is going hard lately. For something that wanted to be "net only" it can do stuff like Windows file shares and VPN's

I think I was supposed to get one of the free chromebooks but someone stole it from my porch :/

Alright. got it

Will consider getting one for 2nd laptop i can go anywhere with

Acer just put out a new 179 CB. It looks fucking great for the price.

>greatest thing Google has ever done
The only correct answer is their search engine.

No it's not an app, only retards call them apps, sadly there is shit ton of retards out there

The $400 Pixel I ordered is getting here tomorrow.
Chromebooks are the future.

I will give it a year or two before i buy it

I'm a poorfag. Someone buy me a Pixel so I can be cool too, please?

>no branding anywhere
>rubberized keyboard and case
>16:10

If they released an updated Cr-48 I'd buy the shit out of it. Hell I might buy another original

>mfw I could have grabbed this one but Sup Forums memed me into spending 50 more for a X220 with an i5 and a 1366x768 TN panel

how is the x220 i wanna get either that or chromebook

Can we mention the best thing about Chromebooks, which are the trackpad gestures?

youtu.be/dz5CG0t0yek

I'm sure you're more "productive" with all that extra power in the thinkpad compared to the chromebook to use on your Sup Forums shitposting.

why are they so expansive though?

>tiny 12.5'' screen
>good built quality
>nice touchpad
>can change the panel to an IPS one but it costs $$$
>can upgrade its processor to an i7 and its RAM to 16GB

BUT THE SCREEN IS TOO SMALL FUCK

>yet another new tripfaggot

>BUT THE SCREEN IS TOO SMALL FUCK
12.1" is fucking perfect

yeah still prefer the x220 but the chromebooks are getting better

maybe if you're a tiny weeb manlet fuccboi, I'm 6'2 I can't do anything on this shit

It's a desktop APPlication you fuck

I have a HP Chromebook EE from school. Google Classrooms is amazing.

>6'2"
Quit acting like you're some fucking giant, you're two whole inches taller than me, oooh big difference there.

>>>Free as in freedom
Except that it locks you down to jewgle's cloud. Fuck off shill

There's nothing stopping you from using owncloud or a USB drive

Functionality is irrelevant, nothing closed source is free as in freedom

butthurt manlet

what is a desktop application for 500

>6'
>manlet
No

Just that, an application. Apps are what you run on your smartphone.

fuck off you meme-spoting tech-illiterate jewgle fanboy.

>denial

That will make chrome os literally useless.

Better to use a non-free software than sync your entire laptop with jewgle.

What the fuck has Sup Forums become?

When did retard proof facebook machine become a good thing for tech literate people? Get fuck, dumb kids. Get out of this place.

Why would I be in denial about me being something I'm not?

>Better to use a non-free software than sync your entire laptop with jewgle.
My point was that ChromeOS is closed source and is therefore not free as in freedom, you colossal dumbass.

I didn't know it was. I took his claim that it's free as truth without checking. Anyways, even if it was free, doesn't change anything.

>My point was that ChromeOS is closed source
>Not installing ChromiumOS over your ChromeOS installation

Replacing ChromeOS with ChromiumOS doesn't change the fact that ChromeOS is closed source.
>not replacing Chrom*OS with a real operating system

>Not replacing it with GalliumOS
shiggy diggy

go to bed grandpa

"I tried to install my gaymes on it and it dun werk!!!!!!"

you misspelled kiss

Yes, I can't believe retards buy anything else.

App = Application why do simple abbreviations trigger you this much?

Because there's a difference.