Why does MTP suck so much?

J U S T
U
S
T

Has anybody ever gotten MTP to work reliably?

No matter what phone, what PC, what OS, what cable I use, 30 odd percent of my file transfers just freeze up.

Why did Google have to choose this crap?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/hanwen/go-mtpfs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pic related without macfagging

Wifi networking for some reason is slow as fuck an Android.

Works fine for me

MTP works fine here. You are not a wincuck are you?

It's the USB cable. I used to have problems with my phone too until I got a powerline cable from anker. Ever since then all transfers have been completed without problems over MTP.

Wincuck here. Works fine. Maybe OP is using an outdated shitdroid.

Maybe on your 5 year old device using old as shit routers.

My note 5 on a 3600 5 Ghz router is as fast as my 100 mbps LAN server can output. I'm switching my NIC to Gigabit soon.

I've been on an anti-MTP campaign for almost a decade and I thought I was the only one left who despised MTP with a passion. Everyone will tell you that "it works fine" or confuse MTP with USB Mass Storage Mode, but they're wrong. Wireless transfers suck too. I've been looking for some good un-botnet-ey apps for this, but they suck to.

The only short term answer I've found depends on what type of phone you have. I just have an external harddrive I add my files from my PC to and then connect that external harddrive to my phone via USB OTG. So far this has been the only decent solution.

Alternatively, BlackBerry's Priv running Android does allow true mass storage mode. While also keeping all the options like MTP too.

On windows it's easier to pull out the sd and use card reader. On linux mtp works great.

I've given up on it and just use ftp to send files over now.

Why would you do that?
>I just have an external harddrive I add my files from my PC to and then connect that external harddrive to my phone via USB OTG
I don't know what to say.
The only correct answer.
You can set up FTP server on android and on PC.
For me I've made a simple HTTP server with upload UI

>tfw mass storage just werks
Why can't we have nice things

it's all thanks to the internal sd meme, since mass storage only works with one device connected at a time Google won't let you unmount it because shit can go wrong

mtp gets around that by letting the phone control the data transfer, it's not a bad idea but its execution on some systems is really shitty

Get an iPhone already

>claims to be a linux user
>enjoys iPhones
these pajeets just get better at hiding themself

For me it freezes every time I try to rename a folder

android was better when it was just an external storage device and not this buggy mtp shit. mtp works on windows but is buggy on linux

hehe hoho haha

it... works for me! :^)

Where the fuck is the proper scp Android tool?
Why didn't Google just slap SSH on Android?
What kind of a computer doesn't have fucking SSH? Of any size and any use, what excuse is there to not have SSH?

Instead we're using USB cables and '''''''cloud ''''''' services!

Oh and
WHY IN THE LIVING FUCK DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR OTG STORAGE SUPPORT ON STOCK ANDROID?

>linux users should be a perfect hivemind

Because of autorun.inf

ohh shit sorry I assumed people use linux for freedom some the iPhone lack in any way shape or form. pajeets are here in full force

>people must use linux as I say.

not at all the case I just found that the only advantage to linux is the fact that it is free and open

There is nothing more creepy than getting a green text message.

Short answer.

Windows corrupts the shit out of improperly unmounted usb devices.

That doesn't mean that MTP has to be this awful.
It's literally trash by design.
>MTP has been built to only allow a single operation at a time
>Limited support for transferring parts of files, such as blocks or byte ranges

And the implementations are also awful.

The best MTP implementation for GNU plus Linux is go-mtpfs.
github.com/hanwen/go-mtpfs/

It was literally the only cross platform protocol that would work without installing shit.

>mtp is more commonly supported than usb mass storage.

Hey 愛してるさわこ !BE/4wes0mE, I once insulted you for being a tripfag, but I wanted to say sorry. Please don't feel sad. I reget it.

>pay for OTG storage support
wat

I often had the copying of large volumes of files abort or not finish correctly.

What's wrong?