Food for thought: If Stallman had grown up twenty years later, in a post-9/11 world...

Food for thought: If Stallman had grown up twenty years later, in a post-9/11 world, he would be in prison for threatening to blow up a building and GNU and the GPL would not exist.

Other urls found in this thread:

oreilly.com/openbook/freedom/
oreilly.com/openbook/freedom/ch07.html
as.cmu.edu/~geek/humor/See_Figure_1.txt
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>he would be in prison for threatening to blow up a building
explain

TL;DR i eat ass

What's to explain? Isn't this common knowledge? It's even in his book.

In the worst period of Stallman's life, the period which turned him into the angry spiteful manchild that he is today, his friends were all leaving him to work for companies to make real money. They were taking software that they wrote, which Stallman like to use, and were deciding to make it closed-source. When Stallman kept accessing it, they locked him out of the servers. This made him so insane that he threatened to take a grenade into the one company and blow them up.

[citation needed]

Also: Anger is a human feeling. That is why there is a saying "If looks could kill." He would not be arrested just for getting angry. He would actually have to start doing something illegal first.

>tells you the source
>you ask for a citation

Are you retarded perhaps?

And are you seriously defending an autists unpunished rage over some fucking source code? And yes, he is autistic, his mother said so. AGAIN, IN THE BOOK, so don't fucking ask.

>Isn't this common knowledge?
No, it is not. But feel free to post a link to this common knowledge.

>replying twice to ask for the source

Good god you legitimately are retarded.

So you want the title of
>his book?

It's worth noting that Stallman was too lazy to write this book himself, and had another man write it for him. He made the author use a very restrictive license which didn't make a lot of sense at first, but the author agreed. In the end, it was released, and people got a glimpse at what a bizarre manchild Stallman really was. Stallman later exploited the license to EDIT THE BOOK in his favor, removing parts which made him look bad, which he claims "aren't relevant to the free software movement" even though the entire fucking book is about him as a man.

Free as in Freedom is what remained after Stallman's edits? It still makes him look like shit.

>common knowledge is so common that it takes more than 15 minutes to post a link
Continue to call me names instead of posting a link to this common knowledge.

I seriously am going to continue calling you retarded, because you are seriously retarded.

HIS. BOOK.

THE. BOOK. ABOUT. HIM.

Is that easier to understand? Or is this some kind of autistic refusal to believe it without me presenting the evidence, which you're using as justification?

Here is the actual quote from the book regarding what his mother said

>"I do feel that Richard had some of the qualities of an autistic child," she says

some qualities =/= full blown autism. I'm sure you have some autistic qualities. We all do. We post on Sup Forums about meta-technology topics like this and get retardedly passionate about trivial bullshit like this.

If you can't see the autistic aspergers brimming from Stallman's personality and actions, then you're hopeless.

Besides, that is only one of the quotes. He legitimately has a mental disorder.

I wasn't implying that he didn't, but you misquoted the fuck out of what his mother said.

What page in the book? I have it here.

wow are you mentally retarded its in the fucking the book. just flip a couple of pages and you'll find it easily its not that hard. i'm not gonna spoon feed you

OP didn't have a plan for when he got called out and the thread failed because of it.

>he finally dropped his trip

are you real

No, I am imaginary.

How much monies does Fail Con get from amazon referral links on logicalincrements.com?

He gets enough so that he doesn't need to work

Close to 6 figures last I heard

So it doesn't actually exist then?

The burdon of proof is on you friend, this is NOT common knowledge, regardless of your feelings on the matter.

You are a making a statement, you require proof of that statement if you intend others to believe you.

>in a post 9/11 world
>Implying that it changed anything for security around the world except america

I'm 12 and can't flip to a page on the book that has the exact quote that would disprove my entire argument. learn to read you illeterate fuck

>learn to read you illeterate

is this real?

fuck off how do you know whats in store 20 years from now.

>being a grown man and arguing with children on a cartoons website

You're not even replying to me, you idiot.

You got the proof. It's in the book. The freely available, digitially-provided, searchable book.

What you really want is to keep finding ways to defend your mentally challenged idol. There's nothing I can say here that would make you change your mind, but you're using a very undefendable position to refute the facts.

>stores

>falling for the bait this easily.
sure is summer in here

Stallman has always been a meme.

>what is a citation
Post the verbatim text of the paragraph where he writes that (so we don't have to take your word for it), together with page number and yes, obviously the name of the book. Jeez.

I just ctrl-f'ed the first 7 chapters of oreilly.com/openbook/freedom/ for 'bomb' and 'grenade'. Nothing (let's just ignore that he didn't write that himself).

There we go:

oreilly.com/openbook/freedom/ch07.html

> Whatever the outcome, the bickering solidified Stallman's resolve. With no source code to review, Stallman filled in the software gaps according to his own tastes and enlisted members of the AI Lab to provide a continuous stream of bug reports. He also made sure LMI programmers had direct access to the changes. "I was going to punish Symbolics if it was the last thing I did," Stallman says.

> Such statements are revealing. Not only do they shed light on Stallman's nonpacifist nature, they also reflect the intense level of emotion triggered by the conflict. According to another Newquist-related story, Stallman became so irate at one point that he issued an email threatening to "wrap myself in dynamite and walk into Symbolics' offices."[9] Although Stallman would deny any memory of the email and still describes its existence as a "vicious rumor," he acknowledges that such thoughts did enter his head. "I definitely did have fantasies of killing myself and destroying their building in the process," Stallman says. "I thought my life was over."[5]

[9] Ibid. Newquist, who says this anecdote was confirmed by several Symbolics executives, writes, "The message caused a brief flurry of excitement and speculation on the part of Symbolics' employees, but ultimately, no one took Stallman's outburst that seriously."
[5] See as.cmu.edu/~geek/humor/See_Figure_1.txt

do you have a source other than "hurr look in the book"?
If it's something crazy like that it has to be somewhere on the publicly accessible internet

>there's only one degree of autism

tl;dr : America is retarded

He would focus even better in prison and make a better gnu. He would also get fit.

so no one has a verifiable source about the "threatening to blow up a building" ?

The Woz spent a night in juvy for planting a fake bomb in his highschool. The principal ran it out into a field and ripped the wires off.

He taught the kids at juvy how to use the wires from a ceiling light to shock the cell bars.