Ok Sup Forums, today a new update for Firefox, it's stable will be Firefox 47

Ok Sup Forums, today a new update for Firefox, it's stable will be Firefox 47.

ghacks.net/2016/06/07/firefox-47/

Opinions, comments, concerns? What do you think of the update Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tilt/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>using a browser with a single-digit and decreasing marketshare

>Appealing to popularity

when you want webdevs to adapt to your browser's quirks, then yes, you need popularity.
Ask Opera how lack of popularity worked out for them

Firefox is going fine right now with web developers.

I really wish I could use flexboxes on shit but if you ever try to do anything complicated with them Chrome shits itself.

I've stopped updating firefox and this is really bad for my security.
They just can't stop fucking the browser up.
I've got another machine where I let the updates run wild and it just keeps disabling functionality and changing shit around.
It's actual work to unfuck the browser every time they update it

>shitfox
lol no

This is painfully true. I wish I could switch to SM but I need muh addons

Use the ESR channel.

I did this but firefox unESRd itself, so I gave up.

What the fuck did you do? ESR is on an entirely different channel from the main train.

>it's a firefox hangs for several seconds loading basic web pages episode

I'm clueless about browsers, the main reason I use Firefox is that Chrome is run by the google\NSA and track literally everything.

if you know what a browser is and know there are more than one you're not clueless

Well I just installed the ESR, and ubuntu's package manager just went NOPE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS and put me back on track to shit town

I'd say that paranoid delusions are worst than being clueless.

There are two big problems with Firefox: first, most if not all Mozilla employees care more about politics than software (bullying other employees over private donations to conservative causes is just the tip of the iceberg); secondly, it is just trying to become a worse version of chromium at this point.
For these reasons, it is impossible to recommend firefox to self-respecting GNU/Linux users. People reporting problems with firefox will simply be told to install chromium or, alternatively, to use emacs to browse the internet.

>not using a different fork of Firefox

I'm using the Nightly and still no proper fix to browser lag when loading 200+ comment threads.

Its been that way forever. My chromium build loads the page fast and without freezing for couple of seconds. Firefox meanwhile freezes for few seconds and then loads, AND the cpu spikes up in usage comparatively.

Its just pathetic.

Pale Moon is the only decent fork of Firefox and few on Sup Forums are willing to switch to it.

>Using Firefox

>Shitposting

>no MSE

Do you mean Waterfox?
I use it for my second browser now since I use chromium, but since developer removes disable-directwrite flag I'm stuck now.

>start up chrome and firefox at the same time
>chrome opens up in less than a second while firefox takes up to 5min to open
literally why

Using fury fox.
Using furry fox after the dev threw up his hands and said he can't even continue updating.
I used it for a while, after one of the latest updates broke everthing and they just rolled back to the old version I gave up.

So it's your own fault for not disabling firefox from the ubuntu repos and not firefox's. But keep blaming software for your own stupidity.

What are you doing nigger

i have upwards 700 tabs open in cyberfox 22, in the process of upgrading the browser and moving away from chrome due to chrome's constant updates requiring me to restart my computer till the shit works without crashing, but even then, it takes less than 20 seconds to load.

There is not one legit reason to still be using this in 2016.

go away google shill

>Do you mean Waterfox?
Definitely not.

>i have upwards 700 tabs open
Fucking why

Name one

As a proud cuck, Mozilla is the company most supportive of my lifestyle.

>tfw can't switch to chromium because i miss the awesome bar too much

it's the same
just at a slower rate

autism user

idk mang seems fine on my end

Do you have HTTPS Everywhere with SSL Observatory activated?

>all the stuttering and freezing

Fucking disgusting.

I'm using ubuntu BECAUSE I don't know what I'm doing

i use tabs as bookmarks, short/long term.

I read a bunch of shit, need to get shit done, but can put it off, I suspend the tab and move on. Then I end up not getting to it for a long time, and we are at why i have little over 1000 tabs open in chrome... thankfully suspended, but still, over 1000 tabs.

This, fucking youtube

You have a problem. Learn to let go or use a proper bookmarking feature like Pocket.

>blaming Google's inability to make proper websites on Mozilla

He has smooth scrolling disabled, retard.

This is Sup Forums. People here are tinkerers and curious people who want to try all alternatives.
Braindead consumer retards like you should fuck off

Brain-dead consumers are the majority of modern Sup Forums.

don't be hard on yourselt. ubuntu is a bit of a mess

>not just sticking to version 32

Brain-dead people are the majority of Sup Forums.

Why?

Give up, Google shill. You'll not get Sup Forums to use your botnet browser.

>Pocket.
shit doesn't get looked at then, i may accumulate hundreds of tabs, but suspend them and they are basicly bookmarks that are in my face constantly.

when the fuck are they gonna add some kind of mark to show that you already have a page bookmarked? old firefox had a fucking star at the url if the page was already bookmarked. shit makes me create so many dupes.

is there an addon or something for this?

One thing I really like about this update is how YouTube embedded videos that use the older tag that requires flash will be automatically converted to the html5 player if you have flash disabled or not installed. I'll never again see the warning that you need flash installed to view a YouTube embedded video.

I am on a firefox 42, should I update or just leave it like that?

>3D View has been removed.
FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It was quite useful on websites that doesn't let you directly right click on images. Yeah, you can browse the source code, but with 3D view it was a lot less time consuming. Fucking Mozilla is at it again.

Always update you stupid faggot. Do you even understand basic security?

Extended release version is 45 now. You're way behind.

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tilt/

Yay, another add on to bring back a removed functionality.

Thanks for the tip tho.

>Wtf, what is this Hello shit, it should be an add-on and not integrated into the browser
>Wtf, why did they remove (useless functionality almost nobody ever used) and put it into an add-on instead

Make up your mind.

I honestly think more people used 3D view in a month than people used Hello ever since it's been developed.

You should really stay on a supported release user. If you don't want to upgrade every month you can use ESR which has one upgrade a year and security releases in-between.

ESR doesn't let you dodge feature changes though it just puts them off for a year, if you want to avoid all feature changes you need to move on to a fork like palemoon

No, you're projecting your own personal case into the "people"

Don't even know what that is desu

Yeah yeah, I know, but I really don't like getting fucked in the ass by mozilla removing useful features and adding useless bloat.

Thanks anons, I'll check it out, hopefully it'll be good enough.

Yeah, it's pretty good. You won't get today's update till ESR 52, but you also will only have to remove bloat and whatever once a year.

Anybody had a problem like that? Menus have transparency background and font is terrible. How to fix it?

> using old, obsolete versions of a browser
You're just axing for troubles, nigga

I bet Firefox can't do this at a click of a button

it's probably your shitty theme that is fucking it up

Youtube shits on everything

I remember having a userscript that could do that years ago. I forgot what it was called

Does it finally support WebP?

Anyone interested in WebP should go to pic related is a scaled down version of the comparison, user uploaded the full res one on the WebP thread.

you what?

It's not this

They're not Sup Forums though. They're reddit and Sup Forums

You need an extension to do that, I don't

That's still not the default theme.

Are you retarded?

Too bad that for everythng else you also need an extension. Or you might need one, since chances are you won't find it.

>firefox
what?

It is

Are you using Linux? The issue is probably with your GTK theme then.

You are literally the only one having that problem.

You must get called crazy a lot considering you saved that

Nightly just got updated to 50, as well.

What the fuck are you guys doing? Firefox runs just fine on my shitbox, there's no reason it should be crashing on you guys' computers.

Yes, I'm. I was changing gtk theme lot of times with no result. I see in logs ff is always searching adwaita, and can't find it (but it is in /usr/share/themes and i'm using it now)

Redirect them to stdout to have plain text and then make a html file out of it. Saves performance

It's stable enough - it has never crashed on me.

Yeah right

Probably they're one of those 500+ tabs people

I just updated firefox and my computer now only shows this screen when I turn it on. WTF!?!?!?