We gonn be e10s soon. Firefox is now the only browser that let's you browse Sup Forums without lag

We gonn be e10s soon. Firefox is now the only browser that let's you browse Sup Forums without lag.

Why are you not using firefox in 2016

Other urls found in this thread:

asadotzler.com/2016/06/06/firefox-48-beta-release-and-e10s/
google.com/diversity/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Link:
asadotzler.com/2016/06/06/firefox-48-beta-release-and-e10s/

>Firecucks giddy about getting a feature Chrome has had since 2008

Been using Firefox since day one, lag has never been an issue, never really had any issues with "a single tab caused the whole program to crash" bullshit either. All the e10s bullshit does is just forces it to use more resources than necessary.

>run one instance of Chrome
>see 4 instances in Task Manager
>run one instance of Firefox
>see one instance of Firefox
>load up 25 tabs in Chrome
>see 33 instances of Chrome in Task Manager
>load up 25 tabs in Firefox
>see one instance of Firefox in Task Manager
>look at resources
>Chrome using 4.8x more RAM to show the same fucking content the 25 tabs in Firefox are showing
>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all

Chrome is "multiprocessing" i.e. it calls fork() somewhere in its code.

But its architecture is way shitty - it does not actually cleanly separate UI and rendering.

>Firefox is now the only browser that let's you browse Sup Forums without lag.
Chrome/Chromium/Canary did that for years already :^)

>But but but!!!

It works absolutely fine. Perhaps you should upgrade that Pentium 4 if you're getting "lag" on Sup Forums, cuckboi.

>doesn't work with extensions

okay moving on

>chromecucks

If you're experiencing lag on a primarily text-based website like Sup Forums (with a minimal amount of images, really) then your machine is shit - it's not your browser.

Firefox is insecure.

Opera used to be the king of displaying Sup Forums

would load the whole page ultra fast then the images

This. I've never got why the fuck chrome has so many instances of processes and lags so hard. Shittily coded, expected more from Google.

There is no software that's ever been created that isn't.

The fuck is e10?

Chrome is closed source thus insecure.

Nvm just read the asadotzler

>Firecucks

Stop being a retard. I use nightly with e10 enabled. I also use a chromium based browser.

Guess which one still lags? Firefox. You don't have to believe me, installa chromium build and a firefox nightly build. Then try loading 300+ comment threads on either. Keep track of how long the loading time is and the CPU usage of the system.

Chrome has multiple instances running concurrently but this allows them to save CPU cycles when loading huge threads. Firefox will freeze for few seconds and CPU cycle will ramp up quite high before loading.

I'd use firefox again if they didn't lag, cause spikes in CPU. Its sad.

>I'd use (whatever software) if it didn't actually make use of my CPU, that's not something I can tolerate because I'm a dumbass

FTFy

>Software freezing and inefficiencies are GOOD for you, its using your resources

I'm a firecuck and even I can't defend this.

holy fuck!

>tfw when the biggest threat to Firefox isn't Chrome or Edge, it's Mozilla

It's a shame Brave is doing this weird pay for ads thing, because we really need a new decent alternative to use.

I deleted Firefox when Mozilla joined the SJW mob to get that guy who didn't support gay marriage fired. Never going back, desu.

same - before that I was using it even though it was a bit slow.

To get what? Because Google is just as bad in that area.

>Why are you not using firefox in 2016
Because I'm not a cuck

EPIC XDDD

That never happened. Mozilla did not fire any CEO.

I didn't really care about the guy, personally, to be honest, but that is when the browser started taking a massive nose dive. That hello and pocket shit was the last straw for me.

For "smooth" operation

Admittedly, they're fixing the real issues with those. Pocket and Hello should have been addons from the start.

Now, Pocket is the one I take issue with. Its a proprietary external service and by supporting it natively like that FIRST was as shit move. They should have done like they did with XMarks and Sync - when they saw the proprietary addon popularity, they made a FOSS interpretation that is better and rolled that out. People could still use XMarks if they wished, but Sync was the built in feature and Xmarks was an addon as it has always been. That's what needs to happen and as far as I know, at least part of it is set in stone now. Pocket will be popped out into a full addon, btu I still want to see them come up with a FOSS alternative.

Hello doesn't bother me at all. Honestly, I think they need to do MORE with it. Sure, they should make it an addon and I hear they are, but it is using WebRTC for a fully open protocol at least. What they need to do to get people to USE it is make it better and more feature filled. For instance, you can't start a Hello conversation on Firefox Mobile of all fucking places! They should have both an addon that works in Mobile and Desktop, but also a stand alone Android / iOS app for using Hello for high quality, private, voice and video calls. We desperately need a fucking Skype replacement for the normies, and Hello could be it... .IF they spend the time.

Hello is alright, it's basically just an interface for functionality that is built into firefox anyway. It makes sense for Mozilla to try and push hello as a FOSS alternative to other video calling platforms, the majority of which are proprietary. Pocket though that's the one that I find unforgivable. It's a proprietary service and their ToS are terrible, there's no reason Mozilla should be associating with them at all.

You know, I wouldn't have even cared if they just auto-installed them as a sponsored Add-on, if they had given us the option to just remove it like any other add-on.

Why can't I enable it?

Absolutely cringe-tastic. What a bunch of children.

This is why you need a benevolent dictator - to keep its society in check.

Probably need to enable something in about:config.

Meinzilla when?

>Meinzilla

Damn that's good.

I'll get started on the logo

google.com/diversity/

>We're working toward a web that includes everyone

Sure didn't know that the evil white male excluded everyone before.

I think we should also start by encouraging more diverse religious groups other than Jewish owning businesses now. It's only 2016 after all, come on.

>We're working toward a web that includes everyone*
>*except for those with different opinions to ours