Is it worth getting an old Surface Pro 2 for its Wacom digitizer?

Is it worth getting an old Surface Pro 2 for its Wacom digitizer?

Other urls found in this thread:

phonearena.com/news/Surface-Pro-5-to-launch-this-September-with-4K-UHD-display-and-Kaby-Lake-Intel-processor_id81882
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have one and it's legit the worst tech purchase I ever made.

Elaborate please.

What's so bad about it? I'm not OP but the Wacom digitizer is really tempting since I'm an artist

>I'm an artist
fuck off to / lgbt /

It's buggy as hell and I don't know if I should blame Windows for it or not but basically when reconnecting the keyboard it will often straight up reboot. It takes several seconds to wake from sleeping at best, and occasionally up to half a minute after pressing the power button before it responds. Occasionally the mouse cursor just disappears, keys get stuck (not physically, the OS just occasionally thinks you're holding a key), you sometimes can't use the touch screen in some windows unless you move the mouse cursor to them and click first, just that kind of shit. It's also uncomfortable as fuck to use in just about any position.

As for the digitizer I'm not an artist but it doesn't work near the edges of the screen and the pointer is occasionally off by a few milimeters. And occasionally the cursor spazzes out and just starts shaking even if you're not doing anything (it does this with the touch pad too). I did use it for taking notes in class and there usually weren't any problems to be fair but on the whole I've regretted this purchase more than anything else I've bought.

Thanks.

It does seem that the digitizer shits on itself near the edges which would be a bit of an issue for me on top of the other things you pointed out.

I have a Pro 1 , still works like a charm however battery life is down the shitter

You mean /ic/ don't you, user?

congrats you have a faulty unit. you should had overcame your autistic crippling anxiety and requested a new one with a simple 2 minute phone call.

Fuck off you microshaft shill. If that was a "faulty" unit then more then 100% of customers have one.

I bought a surface too. Never again. >strong ectric shocks when charging.
>Can feel static on back with hand. >Constant buzzing on the headphone jack.
>Shit bios. No legacy boot and limited options.
>Heavy so no point as tablet.
>One USB port.
>Keyboard and track pad can't input at the same time.
>Can't be repaired without breaking display.
>Expensive.

>user gets triggered because of his social anxiety

You really should have sent that one back the moment it shocked you, or even better sued

Surface Pro 4 for university?
The reviews all seem positive and say they've fixed all the issues in previous generations.
However I thought I'd ask here if it's a good purchase.
I'm looking at the Surface mainly because of its pen input for easier annotations and note taking.

wouldnt you have the same issues with any surface tablet including newer ones?

I've experience the touch/mouse-click thing and power button responsiveness issues. I've noticed if you start off using the stylus, sometimes the window won't respond to touch until you click. Minor irritations that seldom occur for me. I've never had all those other problems though.

i had a surface one, a total piece of shit. even though it's a got wacom tech (which isn't even great, you're just getting jewed by japs) the tracking would still fuck up every few minutes. i ran hot as fuck and the screen was unbearably tiny. OP don't even bother

>I Never Actually Used a SP2: The Post
Picture related, my SP2. After the firmware update I haven't had ANY issues with it. If you're not a faggot and actually update the fucking thing it works perfectly.
>the OS just occasionally thinks you're holding a key
Update your fucking system. It comes with Windows so your dumb fuck NEET ass doesn't need to worry about Microsoft locking it out for piracy.

well if you were a professional artist and wanted monitor to paint on you'd get a cintiq and write it off on your taxes. if you're hobbyist you can get by with normal ntrig tablets, they're just as good as wacoms offerings but far cheaper

#hotbag

The new one comes out later this month. Wait for the sale on all the other tablets, then buy it.

is the Surface RT (no pro, no w10) a good choice?

it´s for my generic parents that only care about facebook and instagram

I have the cintiq companion 2 for 'on the go' i can't really recommend it to be honest.
For the start the default stand is fucking useless; but most importantly its the battery; which is luck to get an hour and a half. I shit you not.
Its not even something you can use in a quiet place as the fan is just constantly throttling up and down.

I cannot comment on the surface 2; but i have a 3 before purchasing the cintiq; its just not in the same league to put it bluntly. Sketches are fine mind you with a small canvas

This isn't a problem on the Apple iPad Pro 9.7.

that was problem with most if not all wacoms.

nope. Just buy a cheao Chinese surface 3 clone. It will be better.

shilling this hard, shill was triggered.

Pretty good summary. Had two sfp2's and one sfp3, can confirm. Both sfp2's felt funny when charging them (I had two chargers, both felt the same).

Sold my sfp3 and got a thinkpad yoga. It appears to be a lot better, got one with 6500u and 16gb ram. Screen is shittier and memelake's linux support is missing, but I'm happier with my yoga than I ever was with sfp3.

>TFW need to wait 2 more weeks until SP4 get smuggled from USA to my country by forwarding company
Stay mad poorfags

what company? how much do you pay them?

>later this month

phonearena.com/news/Surface-Pro-5-to-launch-this-September-with-4K-UHD-display-and-Kaby-Lake-Intel-processor_id81882

>4K meme display

From what country you are? I bought it from Amazon using my own card, when there was 150$ discount and it will cost me 50$ to ship it to Ukraine from their warehouse. I was forced to decrease price by 10 times to not pay autistic 32% customs that my country impose on all import parcels over 150€. It will be gamble as if it will be damaged or stolen it would fucks me as I would only get money that was written in invoice.

Surface Pro 2 is $330 on Amazon, beat that?

Goodness Lord what's the god damn use when text would be the size of dust particles on that 12" screen, you'll just end up scaling it up to 200℅ anyway

Kaby Lake will not be available until end of this year or beginning of this. Next surface will be available at spring 2017 at best or M$ will skip Keky Lake and will use real upgrade, that Cannonlake will bring.*
*Unless they go full Jew

>it doesn't work near the edges of the screen and the pointer is occasionally off by a few milimeters.
i think when they moved away from wacom this issue disappeared

Yet another reason to purchase the new Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display.

Or you can just buy a Wacom tablet