ITT: Money fairy pays you a visit. You are given three thousand dollars to spend on a new setup

ITT: Money fairy pays you a visit. You are given three thousand dollars to spend on a new setup.

What would you buy?

Id wait for zen desu senpai

This.

Zen + Vega.

I'd spend the money on something that ends my eternal misery.

AMD stocks

A shitload of chink SSD.

An iMac Pro. I need it for video editing for my production company.

We haven't made anything yet, but I know we'll make it big as soon as we get the right hardware.

2 x 27" 4k monitors, whatever the best video card coming out is, and some more storage

Campy Bora Ultra 50

Hold on to it for a Zen+Vega build along with a new 27" 1440p 144Hz Freesync monitor and a new desk to put said monitor on.

A libre thinkpad

That's tough man. I have a Haswell i5k and I'm thinking an i7 would help for compile times. I have a 2560x1440 monitor so something along the lines of a 970 or AMD equivalent would be better than the 960 I'm using. I would probably go for upgrading all my noisy parts. I'm down for the quiet computer meme.

I'd like to try the 144hz/G-sync meme to see if it's legit. To drive that I'd probably get a pair of EVGA 1080 Hybrids and because they are liquid cooled I could get away with an mATX mobo probably the VIII Gene and a 6700k. PSU would be AX1200i and I guess a 950 Pro 512 GB for storage. Am I over $3000?

>I'd wait

AMDfags, everyone.

Obviously buy 5 1080's.

You have 3000 dollare and you spend it on some shitty cpu with i7 2600k performance in 2017?

>5 housefires
>a weapon to surpass metal gear.jpg

i'd upgrade my 5820K and 2 Titan X to a 6950X and 2 1080s

>money fairy
>only gives you $3,000

I wouldn't accept such a paltry sum. Everyone with half a brain knows if you accept money from the money fairy, your genitalia are removed as part of the deal.

>27" 1440p 144Hz Freesync monitor
I have one of those (Acer) and it's really lovely. Some people had QC problems (though mine was perfect) so I'd recommend getting it from a place with a good returns policy.

id buy mechanical keyboard parts of several cool designs maybe 3-4 of each

make my wife assemble them

sell them around XMass time for 100% markup

You just hate money don't you.

Probably go 4960x1600
And get a massive 72U rack enclosure for the basement
R A C K C I T Y B I T C H
You're going to need to register that with the ATF as a Destructive Device

One mac mini

>three thousand dollars

this the money FAIRY OR THE MONEY JEW

how many green LED's can you buy with 3000$?

I want my house to be visible from space so aliens now I'm a real gaymer girl.

I'd get a 6700k, new Z170 mobo, and quad 490Xs. Oh an an M.2 950 Pro

the fuck are you talking about?

1.every Jew is a money Jew.
2.a jew wouldn't give you any money but rather take it from you
3.can I borrow 10$? I really need 20$. just give me 15$ now and 15$ later. thanks.

money's for spending

Fujitsu Lifebook E746 with in the 2 battery configuration together with a docking station.
That and an RFID implant tag.

One of the new Dell Precision laptops with a Xeon in it, whichever that one happens to be.

AMD Stock. Wait for it to go up after vega and zen and then sell and build something based of vega and zen and keep the profits.

MacBook pro specced out, and a large 4k monitor with a new keyboard and mouse

If you can't make anything good on a piece of shit you can't make anything good on good hardware.

The most superior thing on the market.

>iMac
>production work

Alienware pc

I would build a shitty desktop with a bluetooth e-ink display for reading, programming, and use the rest of the money for music storage space.

You would get better bang for your buck if you just bought a thousand gallons of gasoline and then poured it all around your house and set it on fire.

Count me among the waitfags. Even if I got Intel Kaby Lake and nVIDIA it's worth waiting for the hopeful price war sparked by Zen and Vega coming onto the market, because I'd get more bang for the buck either way.

Don't think that $3000 is more than I could spend on a PC. Shit ain't even close. It's still a budget. I'd still maximise it. This is still the worst time to buy a PC.

Weed
I like my build

T460s

A Nvidia Titan :3

this

fuck a new rig

The most maxed out 5K iMac I could get. I got one at work, I want one at home too.

Nothing wrong with i7 2600k performance fäm.

Thinkpad T420 and save the rest.

why the fuck a laptop from 2011 is still the best one aside from the screen in 2016

The question was specifically asking about a new setup. I can't stand you wish for more wishes faggots.

Whatever parts have best resale so I can eBay my fairy money back

Raspberry Pi. Put the rest on my bank account.

Nigga the summit ridge 8 core will bench around the same as the 5960X. What u talkin bout? What will make it great even tho it won't be the fastest cpu is the price/performance ratio.

>AMDfags seriously believe they can take on i7 extreme
if ir does reach that kind of performance itll be another overclocked housefire machine like the 9590

id spend it all on good tools, tools dont degrade anything like as fast as consumer electronics, then id git gud at electronics repair, stock up on cheap components, and offer to diagnose and fix peoples dead hardware on the side.

muh price/performance

>AMDfags are being given $3000 for a rig for free and they're still being stingy

Weed and a bunch of thinkpads

old xeons piss on that shit in terms of price/performance

Don't you understand summit ridge is a totally new architecture? It has smt the exact same as intel cpu's. 8 cores 16 threads, ddr4, lots of pci lanes, etc... Performance will line up with haswell-e chis (refer to IPC improvements) but will be at a lower die size meaning clocks will likely be high.

Are Intel cucks this stupid to deny facts? I won't be buying a summit ridge cpu since i just got 6700k. Regardless the 8 core summit ridge chip will be very near if not better then the 5960X.

I'm looking at buying a vega gpu.

Pricing is everything and competition lowers prices.

nice bait

that meme made me laugh a bit, thank you user i needed that

I'd put it towards the Raptor Engineering Talos POWER8 workstation

Specs for my planned build
>8c/64t POWER8 CPU
>64GB RAM
>240GB SSD
>10GbE NIC
>DakTech server case

6 overclockable sandy bridge cores for £130 on socket 2011, if it can beat that, ill give it its dues

A 5820K/5960 if cheap, 2x 1080Ti or Vega HBM2 depending on how they perform in 4K
Also a custom loop.

a car for 500-1000, rest for repairs and gas

5960X and 2 1080 Ti's. Maybe a larger SSD too if there's leftover money.

If it needs 8 cores to match an old 4-core i7, what does that tell about its single thread performance?