What do you think about this viewpoint Sup Forums?

What do you think about this viewpoint Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

dwm.suckless.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

while Its compelling, elitism is cancer

What's wrong with elitism?

There are more ant on earth than atoms in the universe.

You wouldn't understand.

Holy shit, it's true: dwm.suckless.org

Ctrl+F for "user"

kek

Did you expect some XML file you could edit?

Sounds reasonable to me.

I didn't have any expectations. I just thought it was a troll, and that the authors wouldn't actually say something like that.

WMs are containment for turd burger spergs. Let them jack off if it keeps them on their shitty little irc circlejerks

there's nothing wrong with elitism when it is justified, plebs don't need a tiling WM
stupid questions are annoying
they are right
suckless is based

In favor

If you have technology without elitism you end up as Sup Forums or github. That's why you need elitism.

Without normal people using your software you'll end up designing something with the UX of git and that's not a good thing.

Why?

With normal people using your software you'll end up designing something with the UX of Windows 10 and that's not a good thing.

Have you ever used git? It's hardly human friendly, or even well designed.

It's exceptionally well designed. The interface is just complete trash.

It's still to friendly because it allows SJWs in.

It doesn't matter as you get used to it anyway

At least a config file would have been nice, but it's their software, and if they want to keep me out so be it. It's not like they're the only people out there.

And another elitard burned to the core.

You can get used to most things, including long term violent physical abuse. Much like git.

>missed the joke dot jay peg

Git is programmer-friendly.
Poor webshits that have no idea what a graph or a hash is have a lot of trouble wrapping their heads around it, though.

There is a config file loaded as a header.

It's not friendly, you can improve the situation by using a graphical tool for git but whatever you do its going to try and kill you if you stray even one foot off the path.

They're the part of a DE that actually matters. What's wrong with not wanting minesweeper and shitty music/video players and such you won't use installed with your WM? DEs are a meme if you actually like certain programs. It's like if you could install Windows without Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player, etc. since you'll be using Firefox and VLC anyway.

If anyone is the autist, it's you for not understanding something simple and then getting mad about it.

git gud

Everything is cancer. Everything decays.

this

>wanted to be a smartass and replied faster than his brain telling him to stop and check again

No DE has a retarded userbase thinking they're superior to everyone else. WM consists of only turds who got into Linux because they think it makes them snowflakes. And here we have a WM where the autism is baked right into the homepage.

It's good and useful when your product is just a "toy". You don't want to sell it to anybody, it's not necessary for anyone, when it's just for hobby and fun.
Developers know more, understand more, are more savvy and need way less help to fix their problems. Because of that your team can focus on making whole thing way more robust and advanced instead of making simple interfaces and babysitting naive users.

>No DE has a retarded userbase thinking they're superior to everyone else.
Not true, you see people shitting on Unity and saying XFCE or KDE are better all the time. Lots of GNOME hate. A bit of KDE hate.

>WM consists of only turds who got into Linux because they think it makes them snowflakes.
Stop projecting, please. People who use a WM have always used a DE first in my experience, and they have moved on to something better. Of course this comes with 'elitism'. If you see someone using the worse thing you used to use, it only makes sense to tell them there's a better alternative.

I don't use dwm, I usually use openbox or i3, but I don't see anything wrong with dwm or the message the author posted on the site for it.

The only quality environments out there are dwm if you want a tiling WM or Lumina if you want a traditional DE.

You didn't realize that was ironic?
It is a good thing you feel so much better than those elitist assholes, am I correct?

You got triggered? Yes I do feel superior to them.

Fucking retarded

elitist, you say? but that's nonsense, user.

I think that the line-height is too low.

>1366x768
>16G of RAM
>uptime: 45m
>laptop
>bash
>http

I'm pretty fucking triggered right now

>gets triggered when people use laptops
>gets triggered when uptime gets triggered when people prefer non-hipster shells

http fixed

I get triggered when people think they need 16GB of RAM on a laptop
I get triggered when people buy laptops with good specs except for the meme resolution

>006

You got triggered for nothing then, user. This used laptop came with 16GB RAM. I have a few VMs including a W7 one. Why are you so upset, senpaitachi?

Because I'm autistic, obviously.

He has the right to make his software worse, it's not my business

I am not the Sup Forumsentooman, but you are kinda pathetic and did you know, no one cares about your personally. ;3