Do DEs affect battery life?

Do DEs affect battery life?

CPU usage affects battery life.
Some DE's spend more resources than other, so yes.

yes

if your DE is the biggest drain, then you aren't doing anything important on your computer and should just use a tablet instead

Does the amount of RAM affect battery life?

No

Yes, use Lumina for maximum battery life.

Yes.

And this is why KDE is an acronym for KDeadBattery. The more you know.

Yes, but probably not enough for you to notice even comparing the minimum required to the maximum supported.

objectively wrong

>Does the amount of RAM affect battery life?
You mean the amount of RAM installed in the computer or the amount of RAM used by a DE?

Just install screen.
You're battery will last forever.

What's that?

Just did a quick google search
>"Screen is a console application that allows you to use multiple terminal sessions within one window. The program operates within a shell session and acts as a container and manager for other terminal sessions, similar to how a window manager manages windows."

For me I get about 7hours of battery life when I run the screen at 50% with lxde as my DE

yes they does spend battery life worsely.. same like android launcher....

Not enough to make using one DE over another worthwhile. Any RAM that isn't being used is wasted, so *nix allocates RAM aggressively and will use a lot regardless of what DE you use. The biggest factor in battery life is your screen, as the backlight is one of the largest and most consistent power draws, along with the energy required to render a high-resolution screen multiple times a second. Keyboard backlighting is a big one too. Then there's on-disk read/writes on an HDD. *nix has terrible battery life in general though and no real power management features though. All in all, your DE is the least of your concerns when it comes to battery life. Sup Forums is just autistic and fixated on it.

good thing about linux is you can run patches to underclock your CPU and get a bit more battery life out of your system.

What made you think that had anything to with *nix though? Any OS can have an under clocked cpu. You'd have to be pretty hard up for battery life to do that.

>spreading myths and disinformation

First post data backing up your claim. Then go and read on that KDE developer's blog (Martin something) how KDE and fancy effects like compositing actually save your battery life.

yes
use openbox

>Source : My ass XDD

Yes, since most bigger DEs start annoying, polling, HDD eroding indexing services these days.