/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
>ZTE nubia Z11 Max is now official with 6-inch screen, Snapdragon 652
gsmarena.com/zte_nubia_z11_max_is_now_official_with_6inch_screen_snapdragon_652-news-18682.php

>Teaser image confirms the Samsung Galaxy Note7 name
gsmarena.com/teaser_image_maybe_confirms_the_samsung_galaxy_note7_name-news-18676.php

>Samsung Galaxy Note7 might not launch running Android N
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note7_might_not_launch_running_android_n-news-18678.php

>LeEco smartphone with SD823 SoC said to be coming this month
gsmarena.com/leeco_smartphone_with_sd823_soc_said_to_be_coming_this_month-news-18660.php

>Blackview R7 for $169.99 at TomTop until June 20 With Free Shipping
gizmochina.com/2016/06/07/blackview-r7-169-99-tomtop-june-20/

>Samsung could unveil its first foldable phone at MWC 2017 – Bloomberg
androidauthority.com/samsung-unveil-first-foldable-phone-mwc-2017-bloomberg-697117/

>Lenovo Moto G4 Plus review: setting a new standard for value
androidpit.com/lenovo-moto-g4-plus-review

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-Snapdragon-650-Hexa-Core-5-5-2GB-RAM-16GB-ROM/527978_32596106975.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

c>ck

Great post.

bump with good advice

Should I buy the Marshall London?

Should I get a iPhone SE or a Nexus 5X? I use Sup Forums on my phone alot and the I've heard that unless you buy it music is a bitch and a half to download on the iPhone.

Anyone know when Sony might announce the Z6? I'm asking cause I want to buy the Z5 Compact on amazon and I'm hoping the price will drop.

Is there any free adblockers that work on 32-bit iPhones?

I'd go with Nexus but i'm a dirty thief, so w/e

Who /nexus5/ here?

Me lad. I'm upgrading soon tho

Nobody knows but I wouldn't be surprised if they announce something later this year or the next. Not a z6 but an X compact instead.

the z line has been discontinued and the x line is taking its place (new model to be released in autumn)

just download music from torrents or whatever you use and then transfer it to the iphone with itunes, it's not hard

anyone with an iphone 5S running latest ios? how is it working? I want a small phone but I'm too poor to get the SE

get the new X performance, 5 inch so mid size and comfy to hold, front facing stereo speakers with hi res audio, god like camera, expandable storage, high end specs with amazing display, but I wonder if its still water proof or not

Thinking about getting a used Nexus 6. Are there any other phones that i should be looking at that are 5.7-6" and $200 or less used?

Best android browser?

Chrome.

How is the Galaxy J7?
How about the LG K10?

Is anyone else excited for the ZTE Axon 7?
It seems like a nearly perfect phone for me, aside from being 5.5" instead of 5/5.2".

>5 inch so mid size and comfy to hold
Different user here. 5" is too big for my tiny hands. Is there anything coming out that's sub 5"? I'm also open to chink phones.

So what are the downsides to a LG G5 senpaitachi?

Stay jelly spg

Why would I be Jelly of this?

Just a go a Nexus 6p. What's the best Facebook app that isn't the base?

What's your SoT?

which replacement screen is the best price to value for an iPhone 5c?

Stupid question. Have a Droid turbo 2 that worked fine before the Android marshmallow update. After the update my phone has become unstable. Apps crash all the time, phone restarts on its own, and the shitty Google updates that were forced on everyone don't even work either. Is there anything I can do? Or do I have a very expensive paperweight??

I read screen on time as total on time.
I understand why I should be jelly now.
But still, I've got a snapdragon 400/ Adreno 305.
I think I was at about 15-20% with 9h of screen on time.

whats the diffrence between the ZTE Axon 7 and axon elite ?

ATE axon mini check it out

Phones from before 2013 were that size. Not anymore. I can't think of anything.
gsmarena phone finder is your best bet

You barely have anything turned on

Use a web browser bookmark and make it as an app icon.
The thought of someone who isn't 45 using the Facebook app is alarming

I use my phone for clover, web browsing, YouTube, texting, facebook messenger, kik, snapchat, taking photos(not very well), and phone calls.

Factory reset. It's always a little risky moving to a new firmware like that and just installing it over the top of everything

Looks like
>7 / elite
>1440p / 1080p
>AMOLED / LCD
>20MP / 13MP
>SD820 / SD810
>6GB RAM / 3GB RAM
>3250mAh / 3000mAh
and some other stuff

What's it like?

Do you know if the zuk z2 is comparable to the 7?
They're the two devices I want the most

It feels good.

>my Nexus 5
3.5 hours SoT on a good day
3 hours average.

>my redmi 3 pro
>13 hours on a good day
>11 hours average

Call time is fantastic too. I lose like 25% for 8 hours

Guys how long do I have to wait for the new Nexus phone? I cracked the fuck out of my Memefone 2 but I'm bearing with it until a suitable replacement comes along. The HTC 10 looks pretty good but I'd like to spend less and I like the Nexus line

the Axon 7 looks like the perfect phone :

-Fucking sexy look
-Front facing speakers
-128GB of internal storage with expandable storage
-6GB ram
-fingerprint scanner on the back
- AMOLED
-decent battery
-high res audio
-good camera

shit android skin though

It has an 820 so I'm guessing it has pretty good Dev support.

Does anyone know if there is an international firmware?

I wonder how much this bad boy is gonna cost

$450 in US

Zuk is smaller/ 1080p
SOC is the same (SD820/ Adreno 530)
No SD on the Zuk
type C 3.1 on Zuk, type C 3.0 on Axon
According to GSMarena, at least.

I agree.
The only thing I don't like is it's a little bigger than I'd like, and it doesn't have a physical camera button, which I almost require after getting used to having one on WP.

original user here and I like the other user have little girl hands. I have an htc one m8 with a 5 inch screen and every time I hold it I'm just reminded of how perfect my old iphone 4 was. I'm not open to chink phones though so I'm pretty sure z5c is the best I'm going to get. really doubt they would make anything in the x series smaller. Or even the same size at 1080

also it comes with force pressure screen or something, similar to apple 3D touch, also the screen is the same as samesung.

Alright families. I just started living on my own with my brother and have been paying my phone bill through my father because we are on a family plan. He is charging me and my brother $50 each, but he wont show us the phone bill. Are we getting Jewed and should leave or are we benefitting?

We are with Sprint right now and switched from Verizon last year.

When the fuck are the next Nexus phones being released?

Isnt it usually October

Those fucking things aren't even announced till late fall. And there's almost always a problem with them. The 6p had over heating with the 810 and is huge, the 5x had a lot of software and battery issues that took awhile to get patched out (it's good now)

I'd love to wait it out, but they're almost certainly going to make the high end flagship +5.5 in with no SD slot and the smaller midrange with no storage and an IPS.

Now it's just a matter of trying to figure out how to import a Chinese device

I've tried that yet it's still acting up. There's no way to go back to the previous Android update?

Xiaomi mi4 vs Redmi 3 pro (not note)?

I'm looking for a good (and cheap) 5'

Redmi 3 if you want battery life and sd card.

Mi4 if you want overall better specs but no sd and average battery life.

Any recommended phone for $70 and less but able to insert memory cards with more than 32gb?

I'm ok with chink phones.

Good app to customize the lock screen?

Isn't there a way to get good specs and a huge battery?

Oneplus 3 anybody?

Redmi note 3 pro

Galaxy Tab S2 or Galaxy Tab S?

Want a nexus 5x

Currently $279 on eBay unlocked

shit is cash

About to pull the trigger

What say you, Sup Forums?

>Needing to shitpost in a chinkforum to get open bootloader permission
Nah I'm lazy..

Is the redmi 3 with 2 GB ram really that bad? I'm not a heavy user and will probably unlock and put a debloated rom anyway.

It's fine.

aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-Snapdragon-650-Hexa-Core-5-5-2GB-RAM-16GB-ROM/527978_32596106975.html

anyone buy shit from this store/link here? looks legit but I never bought anything from China so I have no idea.

Phone is pretty great, especially at that price point. Mediocre battery life but if you don't spend like 5 hours on your phone in a day go for it.

Neither, wait for ZUK Z2

Literally the only two things either of those devices have over the Z2 is the IR blaster and front capacitive buttons

The main thing that has made me dislike my G5 is the modules as the price of them are rediculous. They work well but are too expensive for me to get

Has anyone tried a ubuntu phone, curious to see what its like

Sup /spg/.
I'm looking for a decent "daily driver" smartphone (web browsing, taking photos, playing music/watching videos, using messengers etc.) under $200 (eastern europe region).

Hey anons whats the best phone used or new for $200 or less?

memememe meme 3 meme

Redmi note 3

But doesn't it not have coverage in the US?

Should I buy the Redmi Note 3 Pro now or the price is getting lower in the following months?

the new sony x perf looks legit
why is it never mentioned in these shitty phone threads? because Sup Forums likes to fuss over small differences?

because it's Sony and will be overpriced as fuck

what apps did you install on your chink memephone?

matte phone displays when?

will the z2 even get cm support like the z1? Someone on Sup Forums said that i'll get rom support ootb. I like the look of the mi 5 better but the z2 is cheaper with better specs.

>LG G4
Just grill me now

Disgraceful, familia.

Even worse than my Nexus 5

>xperia ZR
Bad bad battery life

I'm on cm though.

Yeah, I have no idea why. I think I'm buying another battery, either that or downgrading and rooting this shit.

Nigger root it and never look back.

t. Owner of a Nexcuck 5

This might not be the perfect place to post this, but it's rather close.
Do you all have any recommendations for a cheap ~6 inch (def. sub-7 in) tablet? It doesn't need to be a phone.

This is like tangible autism
How do you live with that battery life

Nexus 6 or zenfone 3 ultra

It's mostly on standby. So it lives for 1-1.5 days. I charge it every day though just to be sure.

what about the kindle fire tablets? Some of them even have cm support to get rid of that butchered android rom.

Just get a extended battery, Mugen, Seidio, Anker, RavPower, Zerolemon, and Hyperion are the better known brands you can trust.

Shouldn't you be pissing on an iPhone or something?

Damn, Aliexpress ran out of $4 coupons today for new members that use the app. Another delay for the Redmi 3 then...

Does anyone know of a way to unlock a Huawei P9's bootloader without paying 4eur to some random piece of shit developer? Apparently since I'm in europe, I'm not worthy of getting the unlock code from Huawei directly.

Or rather, has DC unlocker been cracked yet? There's no way in hell I'll pay for unlocking my phone.

Anyone knows if white spots on LCD screens are covered by warranty? Does anyone know?

First charge on my moto Sup Forums 3rd Gen.
Bredy gud?
Also should I charge at 15-20% or let it die?

with modern phones charge them whenever. battery looks good but I'd give it a few days to stabilise and give more consistent results