No! Fuck you! Google hate thread? Google hate thread!

No! Fuck you! Google hate thread? Google hate thread!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zCLYCDXgRxw
aboutme.google.com/?referer=gplus
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why can't you just enter your phone number?

New number maybe?

Come to think about it, this was prompted after I clicked a notification about "suspicious activity" on my google account... Sup Forums am I hacked or is this Google trying to Jew me out of a phone number?

>Jew

In what way is asking for your phone number for two step verification "jewing" you?

Because my password is 31 characters long including various numbers, capitals and multiple spaces.

What's your point?

Why is your password even that long? It's not going to get guessed unless it's a dictionary word, there's no point of having it be so long.

>Try to register to paypal, it asks for personal information
>ask normie friends who has paypal if its okay to provide fake info except my card details
>they sperg out
>"but its okay when steam and battlenet does it?"
>they sperg out even more, including my lawyer friend

Im just asking? What the fuck is their problem, geez

Fuck off iShill.

The point is pretty simple. I'm not hacked nor there's "suspicious activity on my account because I have a good password so its just Google trying to built a more comprehensible profile about me to their profit. That's exactly why I refuse to input my number. My phone number to be exact because I entered the house number which its not in use anymore. See the point now user?

Why can't you just put in your fucking phone numbeR?

Do you think google is going to heck you? For fucks sake, it's just a phone number. It has no real value to anyone

>mfw google makes my android phone pop up that I need to verify my number

>try to make an email
>enter your phone number*
fuck you, Im doing email so I dont have to use a phone. Why does EVERY email company force you to use a phone number now? is the government really that deep into all of this?

>Continually asks me every 10th login or so.

Just fuck off. I'm not comfortable giving the Google Jew my number

Spoilers, your phone number and the fact it belongs to you is already a matter of public record.

Just enter your fucking phone number faggots.

If you want "true" privacy then don't use Gmail and get your self a burner phone with prepaid SIM card, fucks sake.

I don't understand this 50-50 privacy, either go full terrorist-pedo MUH PRIVACY mode or just shut the fuck up about it

>you entered your password into a """"""password strength""""" website

now they have your password

it's literally a federal crime

is their any Android alternatives Sup Forums? Like phone OS's that i could boot into my phone and use instead.

I really just use my phone for light browsing and meme photo storage

>Hurr can I enter fake details into a payment processor

No you fucking retard, it's illegal.

You know that PAYPAL *BY LAW* has to provide tax form information when you pass a certain number of $ in transactions, correct?

Dumb fucks man holy shit

This is like the retards i've seen on /biz/ who say shit like "How can I invest money without providing any personal information, Robinhood or whatever keeps asking for my bank info and personal data to register!"

>Thats right goy. Just give in and insert your 10 digit number

>le jew memes xD

Dude you use Gmail, what sort of privacy are you looking for exactly that providing your email to the largest company in the world will somehow infringe on?

Are you selling drugs or something? - Protonmail exists for that purpose.

How else are they going to easily link your identity to all of your other Internet accounts that doesn't rely on ip?

I dont know much about paypal, thats why im asking. Sorry if that triggers you. What im essentially asking if paying via paypal reveals your personal information to the reciever and vise versa. I dont mind giving my card information as long as whats only revealed to the reciever is "a username with this email has paid you this amount", not "a user whos name is this and lives here who has a birthday on this date and whos id is these random digits just paid you. You can trace it and make a fake id with these information!"

>entering password in that site
>suspicious activity in Google account

I can see they're related. Just having a strong password doesn't make you smart. Knowing how to keep it a secret makes you smart.

>What im essentially asking if paying via paypal reveals your personal information to the reciever and vise versa

Only name and email.

>not "a user whos name is this and lives here who has a birthday on this date and whos id is these random digits just paid you. You can trace it and make a fake id with these information!"

No that is not revealed.

Paypal simply needs your information because it's a legal requirement to have it.

Don't believe him user. You can always use a disposable card to shop online.

youtube.com/watch?v=zCLYCDXgRxw
How can you hate this? Doesn't it just pull at your heartstrings?

The fuck has happened here while I was away? I feel like in the Twilight zone.

Was Sup Forums taken over by the botnet?

Uh my point is that you either go full-privacy or none at all.

Using gmail but getting mad that they ask for your phone number is just retarded.

>your password
>implying I use the same password twice

>Using gmail but getting mad that they ask for your phone number is just retarded.
This. I find it hilarious that Sup Forums defends Android to the death yet is paranoid about the botnet.

I mean there's nothing wrong with it... but it's retarded to be autistically mad over one but not the others

This
>implying I wasn't going to change the password anyway

The fuck has happened to Sup Forums familia?

memellennials/post-memellenials

Everyone on Sup Forums is pro-Google nowadays. If you're not, you'll be called a tinfoil pedo.

How are we pro-anything?

You're using Gmail and then wondering about privacy, what's the fucking point?

Do you also post images on facebook and wonder how to "safely" post them on there?

google is the best company in the world tho...

Holy shit I can't believe my eyes. It's like Sup Forums is being raided. Like when Tumblr raided Sup Forums a few years ago. No botnet treads.... Dude the fuck happened here?

Looks like all the anti-Google bots finally got banned.

Parroting the same anti-corporation bullshit over and over was getting mad tiring; it's about fucking time.

Go back to summerschool, nothing "happened" here. Google makes great software (and, occasionally, halfway-decent hardware), and pretty much everyone here is (and always has been) on board with it.

Of course, there's plenty of people out there on the privacy train that avoid many Google services out of choice, but they also avoid many other companies' services for the same reason -- nothing against Google, just a choice to use services that require less personal data (and yield a shittier user experience, minus the privacy benefits).

If you want to spout the ol' GOOGLE IS EVIL mantra though, I've got 2002 on the line for you. Feel free to talk to them instead.

>cries about the botnet
>has a bank account

Because last time I did, they said "don't worry we won't disclose it to anyone", and then I was automatically created a Google+ profile with my phone number on it.

Because it's not like Google, Facebook, Microsoft and Apple are botnet, it's just that they're fucking bloated companies that don't know what they're doing anymore, and because some of their departments' fuck ups are another departments' new product.

The most ridiculous part is they already know your phone number, it's like they just want to confirm that their botnet is working

Have they actually disclosed it to anyone? You can't just go to someone's Google+ profile and see their phone number.

If it's attached to your Google account, it seems only natural they show it to you in your Google+ account settings (which, at the time, was probably still in the "Google social backbone" phase instead of the standalone product it is now).

It was quite simply public. And subsequently thoroughly spammed.

Just checked, it's Private by default.

May not have been then, but certainly is now.

aboutme.google.com/?referer=gplus

Until the next fuck up.

Feels good deleting Play Services from my phone.

thanks

Step 1:
Don't use Gmail, it turned into a piece o shit a long time ago
Step 2:
Prepaid SIM cards, buy one, register with, throw away

The number I gave no longer works, or at least is not mine anymore as I dropped the home number. Its scary because is as if they know the number is no longer mine and are asking to update the number. Google shills here will have you believe there's no BITNET and you're just a paranoid pedo. Shills.

Life is a series of compromises.

samefag

Is this true!?!?