Why did google glasses fail? How am I supposed to take discreet creepshots now?

Why did google glasses fail? How am I supposed to take discreet creepshots now?

Other urls found in this thread:

newsweek.com/samsungs-smart-contact-lenses-let-you-blink-take-photo-445425
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>he doesn't have a shoe-cam

amateur

>Why did google glasses fail?
Too costly to discretely integrate with the botnet. Google would have to cover the bandwidth costs over mobile networks.

Wasn't it just meant to compliment the phone? Like a smartwatch?

with these...

why the fuck would they give it its own cpu? why not just let the phone that everyone carries with them do the computing and just stick a big fat battery into the glasses instead

Too expensive for mass production.
Not good enough to warrant it.

Look at VR. Its not going to be in peoples homes until they've perfected it enough for customers to justify it.

This. It just needs a tiny processor for getting it set up, but once it's connected to the phone it would have far more capabilities.

Imagine if it had a 1080p 60fps camera and could record directly to the phones memory card.

Why the hell would you want a battery built into your glasses? Heavy glasses are uncomfortable and impractical. The battery should be kept in your pocket, with a wire running to the glasses.
>but who wants to have a wire running from their pocket to their head all the time!?
Didn't stop earbuds from becoming completely ubiquitous.

Maybe it could be made to connect to the USB port on a phone and exchange both power and data with it that way.

Why not one thin long battery in each arm?
2 lipo batteries like that really wouldn't weigh much.

>I get strapped up everyday to use Google glasses

What?

How much power will it be using that a pair of 3cm 32awg wires won't be capable of carrying?

I'm assuming the idiot thought by 'arm' you meant the human appendage, not the glasses' arms.

Oh.

Are you brain damaged?

THERES A LAW IN JAPAN THAT PHONES HAVE TO MAKE AN AUDIBLE SOUND WHEN YOU TAKE A PICTURE

MAN THEY KNOW THEIR MARKET

ARE THERE BIGGER PERVS THAN JAPS? LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE

A lipo battery powerful enough to run a camera for ten minutes would probably more than triple the weight of the glasses that I wear.

What's stopping you from installing a different camera app or simply breaking the speaker?

Proprietary software

NOT MUCH, BUT THEY'RE REQUIRED BY LAW TO SHIP THEM THAT WAY CUS OF PANTSU SHOTS GONE WILD

ON REALLY LOCKED DOWN SHIT LIKE IOS YOU CANT DISABLE THE SHUTTER SOUND UNTIL A JAILBREAK GETS RELEASED FOR WHATEVER VERSION IT CAME WITH

She looks underaged

>discreet
Be a man and just take the picture.

If you're serious about voyeur photography, you won't be using a phone anyway.

See that key in the circle? Press it on your keyboard.

>bulky as fuck temples
yeah, real inconspicuous.

Kek

that's against the law user

you know you can't break THE LAW

There's no nudity

devkits were sold. largest concentration of devs was obviously silicon valley. lots bars, shops, etc. began banning people from using them on their property

SF basically provided a case study that there would have been a survellience-phobia response

people only care about being monitored if they can see it. if it's invisible nobody does anything

Wish I lived there, I'd have picked up a pair and made it a daily routine to hit up places that banned them

Do you derive sexual pleasure from being attacked and verbally abused?

No I just enjoy challenging authority and would enjoy the verbal abuse, returning fire is my specialty. A fight would be fun too, I have a high pain tolerance and could sue the dumbass

I envy you

Go follow people around with a camera and then tell them "i'm just taking a video" when they get angry.

>I just enjoy challenging authority
wow ur so edgy and not autistic

>autist calling others autistic
Never change Sup Forums

>Looks ridiculous
>Hardly any benefits over just taking out your smartphone
>Indiscrete
>Expensive and hard to get your hands on

The problem with these unlimited betas/public developments is that while you initially generate a lot of hype, the interest eventually just dies down as people get progressively annoyed by the constant circlejerk. I think it's the same thing that's happening with VR right now. I'm really not sure why exactly people started to think this is a good strategy PR-wise. It's really not. A product should be released when people are the most hyped and that's usually when they first heard of it. I believe that is a small part of Apple's success. They don't rub it under your nose until you can't stand it, they present it and usually release it very quickly afterwards.

A please would be nice user. FUCK...

Please user

I like how EVERYONE is watching

fcukin lewd wh don't these birtchs wear cloth

Have you even talked to anyone like them

That's because of the flash user.

>google glass
>discreet
You could just as well walk around with a dslr held to your face.

It's much smaller though.

but flashes don't usually stay on for several seconds, and for everyone to look it would have had to have *already* flashed before flashing again.

i guess some cameras do that sort of pre-flash flash to help with focusing, don't they?

kekd hard at the pic
holy fuck literally everyone is looking

if anything it must have been the red orange glow you usually see before the flash, the flash itself doesn't give you enough time to react in order to look in that direction

probably they saw some big guy standing up, obviously pointing a camera at everybody + the camera glowing and instinctively looked to see what the fuck he was doing

Everyone can see your google glass

Until the technology is completely inconspicuous this won't work, and why would you want such a future? Where everyone has a literal surveillance camera that records everything they do?

Or maybe the little focusing noise gave it away and it was loud enough

Idk man, my dads dslr flashes once before the photo, and once for the photo.

sounds about right. makes for a hilarious photo. i must have seen that pic like a dozen times over the years and i always laugh when i see it. my mind just goes straight to the imagined scene of some autistic dude with a shirt barely covering his enormous belly in a food court at a mall, everyone looking at him and his social anxiety suddenly skyrocketing.

i have a pretty loud 35mm lens with my DSLR and i don't think its focusing ring is loud enough for people that far away to notice and look over. i think was right - light is much more noticeable.

could be. i think the orange glow is plausible too. in either case, i think the regular flash and the orange flash are there to facilitate focusing, but it's a visual stimulus rather than an aural one (the sound of focusing).

You answered your own question fucking creep

What would have qualified it as a success to you?

They got the public to drop $1500 on one to beta test it for them and come up with ideas, use cases, and gauge public reception. I say it was a success for Google. They learned far more than if they kept it all in the labs until release.

spy watch, watch camera, etc

easy

>watch
>sticking your hand under a dress for a creepshot

Even the ones who look the other way are looking.

60fps?

SKILLS

A LEGIT PHOTOGRAPHER COULDN'T DO THIS GOOD

With these:

newsweek.com/samsungs-smart-contact-lenses-let-you-blink-take-photo-445425

God, honestly, how the fuck do straight people find girls attractive?

Her tits just have absolutely no aesthetic value to them whatsoever.
Her nipples look huge and flat; her breasts sag half way down her chest.
Don't get me started on her vagina. It's probably a putrefied flap with a god-awful stench and
literally no aesthetic value.

Girls are just disgusting.

How do you like having what basically looks like a giant throbbing sandworm repeatedly crammed into your anus?

People like what they like bro, this girl is like 5/10, nobody here said she was stunning.

>giant throbbing sandworm

You can't honestly tell me your cock looks worse than a typical vagina.

You must have a disgusting penis if that is true.

t. cockmongler

Dude all gentials look weird. Humans are gross.

The only reason we like fucking each other is because of biological urge to reproduce, otherwise nobody would willingly be slamming these meat parts together.