People who have a FHD or better laptop, what can you do that you couldn't do when you used a lower res laptop?

People who have a FHD or better laptop, what can you do that you couldn't do when you used a lower res laptop?

I tend to get fewer headaches following long periods of use, regardless of brightness or color temperature settings. That could be placebo.

Render fonts properly.

And I don't mean that in any kind of autistic font snob sense. I mean you will not feel the need to use bitmap fonts anymore because the DPI is high enough for proper vector fonts.

OP here, this sounds splendid. What would I google here to get me set up?

People who have a FHD or better smartphone, what can you do that you couldn't do when you used a lower res smartphone?

I can shitpost in ultra high res, so there's that. Certainly makes looking at pictures of cats more pleasing.

You don't need to do anything, Windows 8 and up already supports better font scaling by default. There is a wizard to adjust it as well.

Linux it isn't as simple but typically changing the xft dpi in .Xdefaults for Xorg is enough.

can display more lines of code, programming on a 720p laptop is fucking shit.

OP here, I have an LG G3 and the difference is far less prominent than my new laptop.

When it's packed into that small of a surface area, the phone still just feels like any other phone, but slightly prettier.

Ah shit. I'm still on Win7.

Less or not AA needed in gaymen :^)

I still use 16x AA at FHD.

Typically I crank it as high as I can before the FPS starts to dip below 50.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

It's classic, buddy.

I got a dell lat e6520, it was a base model I upgraded the ram to 16 GB backlit keyboard, and the display to 1920*1080, from 1366*768... which was shit. having FHD is great because you can just zoom in on the browser content, I use it for work also - it doesn't really feel cramped at all even at a good distance. I would say that FHD is the sweet spot for 15 inch devices.

i wouldn't know.

My first laptop came with FHD.

Did you just have a desktop in your childhood/teen years then?

I had to really give this one some thought - I would not be able to fit everything I use for work in a 768 space, so that would not work - however some of the programs I use do use scaling etc, but that would take away from needed readability in some cases.

I would say that I could make it work if needed, and anyone could but having a FHD screen is just more convenient and if your laptop can be easily upgraded to one, then why not?

See shit.
Fit more on the screen, in better resolution.
It is no groundbreaking stuff, but a really nice thing to have. I've been using X220 with HD screen, then T440s w/ HD+ and now upgraded the T440s to FHD IPS. So much nicer.

Actually be able utilize side-by-side window snapping

VERY fast shitposting at incredible hihg dpi

>there are people on Sup Forums right now that don't use cinnamon
Jesus Christ how horrifying

I think it depends on a lot of things.

I'm not sure I would like FHD on a 12/13 inch laptop but on a 15.4 it's fine. If we are talking windows/GNU/linux.

The biggest problem is the software you use every day. Have a friend who has a 4k 15.4 inch laptop and he had to set the resolution to FHD because programs like netbeans and eclipse doesn't scale.

>have FHD 15.6" laptop running debian
>normie tells me the icons on the desktop look small (they are perfectly comfortable to use)
>see retard windowsfag (different guy) with 1366×768 craptop
>desktop is obviously cluttered with huge as fuck icons
>most of them are what I assume to be one-click chrome desktop shortcuts for websites (as in it launches chrome and goes to a given website)
>eveything is xbox huge
I once saw the very same retard "saving" a wikipedia article by taking screenshots of it and saving them with paint (instead of using any of the saner methods).
Btw when I put windows 8 on my laptop (it was before windows 10 came out), it had some retarded DPI scaling that often made text blurry and just took away from the screen estate. What is comfortable at FHD on a 21.5" monitor is just as comfortable on a 15.6" display, there is no need for scaling there. I didn't experience this scaling shit with debian, as xfce has no such shit built in.