A usb I keep a lot of shit on doesn't seem to be reading properly on my desktop or laptop computers...

A usb I keep a lot of shit on doesn't seem to be reading properly on my desktop or laptop computers. There is some shit on it that I need like right now.

It shows the usb as hidden "Removable Disk" and asks to put a disc into the drive.

How would I fix my usb without losing the files on it?

man windouz is ugly af

You should have had safely removed the device.

I did though...

Either way just change the drive letter and it's gonna be good to go again.

How do I do that?

Type "google.com" in the search bar.
Type "How to change a drive letter on Windows" in the search field.

mod -> search for edit hard drive or some shit -> find usb -> right click -> edit drive letter

That did nothing

I'm sorry are you from the past? What are you even doing here? You're obviously clueless

search for 'Disk Management' when you hit mod

I changed the drive letter and I still have the same problem. I don't know how to fix said problem so yes, I am clueless.

File system is corrupt Pham

May be recoverable with some lower level tools which escape me at the moment, just Google file system recovery

Generally when this happens though the usb drive has had it

Yeah I was thinking it's shit itself. I just hope I can still get some of the important shit off it.

just tried running recuva but it cant open the drive

It's fully fucked I think

>storing important data on a flash based storage device
shiggy diggy

Recuva will only work if there is an existing, visible and mounted file system on the device.

You need something lower level, like EaseUS recovery

format the drive via disk management the use recuva

Most of the shit I have on there only as a backup but there was a folder of important shit that I was transferring to a different computer

Still nothing

>there was a folder of important shit that I was transferring to a different computer
so the source computer still has the copy of said data? or were you stubid enough to cut it into the flash drive?

jsyk flash drives, as any other flash based storage device, get bad with time (the nand gets all fucked up and cant concisely old the bits properly, corruption occurs and you lose data), most modern controllers tend to have some way of avoiding this by maintaining a set of bad "sectors" and provisioning other space for them, but once the provisioning space ends the drive is busted
>t. ssd for os and program installations only, storage on hdd (with "cloud" based backups)

>thx for reading my blog

The source still has it but it's a while before I can get it. For the future what portable storage system do you recommend I use?