'State of Surveillance' with Edward Snowden and Shane Smith

What does Sup Forums think about this?

youtube.com/watch?v=ucRWyGKBVzo

spam is against global rules

gtfo with your "what x think of y?" bullcrap

>spam is against global rules
this board would have one thread per day if that rule were enforced

a million times this

Ed is really hot in this. 10 out of fucking 10 right there.

if anything i'm doing is "wrong" enough to hide, society has bigger problems than surveillance

Actually nevermind his nose is freaking me out. 8/10

Mass surveillance is the nuclear bomb of the 21st century.

"We're only using it so we can protect ourselves from others who use it."

Seems like a good time to learn electronic engineering. Make some good devices to counter other and vise versa.

I would be making serious bank.
Kind of like GPS jammers, etc...

Although of course, if you get caught with equipment like this, its the fucking torture dungeons for you...

>What does Sup Forums think about this?
One day snowden should have asylum on a better country and be able to travel across the world to speak about it.

Snowden is the best waifu in the world.

>This Video is Not Available in Your Country
Thanks PR. Glad to know Youtube doesn't consider us part of America.

Why should I have to listen to a traitor?

because you are cucked by your gov without even knowing it

>if anything i'm doing is "wrong" enough to hide, society has bigger problems than surveillance

Right or wrong is a consequence of moral judgement
Since moral values are not real, but an artificial human concept, it is also arbitrary
So you're hostage of what the elite dictates is right/wrong, which changes according to material conditions

Just watched it. Should have had this interview long ago. Doesn't really bring any new information to me, but the normies need to see it.

this
even if you have the best government in the world
you should defend some things on priciple because there will come other people with different values

>What does Sup Forums think about this?
this was posted already:

Everyone already knows about the spying, but it's been twisted into a retarded liberal vs. conservative battle like everything else. If you're against spying then you're a liberal, and if you think that Snowden is a traitor then you're a conservative.

The government has very convenient ways to sway public opinion.

And yet somehow Obama is still viewed as a liberal

Yeah, no matter which way the pendulum swings the spying won't stop.

There must be a way to get people's general technophobia to do some good and create a large enough reaction against high-tech mass surveillance

Sup Forums is that way trumplet

If nothing you're doing is "wrong" enough to hide, then post several screencaps of your personal browsing history, your search history, your online banking. Oh, you're not going to do it?? You have something to hide??

I'm the user you replied to. I think Snowden is a traitor and I'm against spying. He shouldn't have released all the docs he did. He jeopardized alot Of American soldiers lives that way.

The part in specific that normals need to see is the disabling of the device. He shows that even disabling one microphone isn't enough, you have to get them all.

I think you're getting confused with that tranny who went to jail

There's a difference between trusting a government agency and trusting Sup Forums. If you don't understand that then I don't know what to say.

That's not the direction this should be taken, the issue should be presented about how if the government is able to spy and backdoor, then anyone could.

What is the difference? Do you really think that government employees don't go to Sup Forums? That government employees aren't human like anyone else?

Just look at what happens when law enforcement has access to something like SMS metadata. In Australia the police were shown to be accessing it thousands\tens of thousands of times for illegitimate, personal reasons. Sure, state police are on a lower level than federal employees, but there's very little difference on an individual level - humans abuse power. That's only considering the individual human level, there's also the fact that governments\government agencies often become ideological. In the past various government agencies in the US, UK, etc were involved in exploiting information on people's sexuality to get them to comply with assisting them, etc.

No system of checks and balances or 'oversight' is going to save you from people who have raw power of access to your personal information.

Government employees should already have access to my data. Therefore, there is no need for me to regive what they already have.

>tfw some NSA employee is probably following your pathetic life like we follow the lives of pathetic people like cwc

To your personal data? Your searches and personal sexual preferences and political beliefs? To screencaps from your webcam (as mi5 were collecting of random individuals through yahoo messenger)? To passwords to your social media accounts (NSA were involved with hacking the personal facebook accounts of employees of huwaii)?

Don't forget that if western countries legitimise this sort of spying, then how can they complain when islamic countries or China or Russia do the same to their own and other citizens?

The "31337 h4ck0r" guy was retarded. Flexiview is just some stupid thing for parents to install on phones. Ugh

"everything in an orchestra"

what a master of rhetoric and imagery, this shithead has never been worried about results, he just selfishly wanted to be the one to stir the pot.

what a shitlord

>land of free

That's right. They should already have that information.

You could write a book people would reference endlessly but never read.

Dumbass nigga I know asked me why it was called an 'Orwellian future'. He uses the phrase himself regularly.

That's utter bullshit. Snowden's leaks have had zero effect on any American soldier. What could possibly happen now that the world knows that the NSA is doing their PRISM program to spy on all US citizens and residents. This is the full extent of Snowden's leaks.

>ITT
Fragile Burgerlets in full damage control

More like they give you a choice of working for them or gitmo