Design a laptop where the keys don't press against the screen and leave marks while laptop is closed

>design a laptop where the keys don't press against the screen and leave marks while laptop is closed
>people bitch about the screen not pressing against the keys when it's closed

What the fuck is wrong with you people? I personally think this is an amazing design since most my laptops get square marks on the bottom half from when it's closed.

Well designed laptops don't get the squares. Only when you set things on top of them (don't do that) does that happen. They're not coasters.

I don't even eat on my laptop and I get shit like this happening after a year minimum.

I don't get it?

It's just establishing itself as the superior surface.

Remember when I said well designed?
Apple Is infamous for planned obsolescence, of course your screen is gonna fuck up. You won't ever see an elitebook, thinkpad, or satellite do that shit.

actually, my thinkpad does that too

Holy shit, didn't knew that was a problem. Just checked my old VAIO. It has about 1-2 mm between keyboard and screen when closed.

You need to stop sitting on it then sempai.

>apple does it
HURR PLANNED OBSOLENCE
>lenovo does it
lul sempai just dont sit on it :33

I've used a cheap HP, a thinkpad(back when it IBM) a moderately expensive Samsung(i5 Ivy bridge and HD7670m), a midrange samsung(i5 2420m+gt520m), a compaq, a sony vaio, and they all did that.

They all got it eventually.

Kek

Oh it's a Lenovo thinkpad? I'm sorry i mean chinkpad.
I have a moderately expensive hp Laptop thats NOT an elitebook, it is 5 years old and does not do this.

I've never had a laptop not do this. Like just clean your screen like a normal person. Also I'll make the same points from the ladt thread
>Hinge has widespread problems, breaks easily, detaches tablet when dropped
>Tablet screen breaks easily, is expensive to replace
>Poor battery life, overheats, thicker than competitors, slow
The surface books poor quality, high cost and poor performance make it a shit laptop. It looks interesting but it has a lot of problems created by trying to fix problems no one hand. It's a great tablet, but a horrible laptop.

Why are you posting the same thread again? No one likes this shitty laptop for several reasons. Its crap all around

I have an old HP laptop, turionX2+hd3200m, that doesn't do it. But it has many other flaws instead, like burning my lap.

My moderately expensive hp Laptop in the first 6 months was sent back twice because the mobile gfx card melted the mobo. I now have it disabled as its melted it's fan now too. It's too old to send in, and I like it too much to replace.

It's generally not a problem. I've had a rMBP for a year and a half as well as an rMBP loaned to me by my workplace for over half a year, and neither has exhibited this problem. I even tote the work rMBP to and from work every weekday.

Normally the little rubber lip around the edges of the screen maintain 1-2 mm distance between the keys and the screen surface. This fails when people cram their macbooks into extremely tight bags because doing that over time eventually bends the lid cover and presses the screen internals to slightly bow out toward the keyboard, nullifying the effects of the rubber lip. Just give your laptop a little breathing room and this won't happen.

Flaw? Pleb that's a feature. It's called iGrill by HP. Grill at home, on the go or wherever good times are had with iGrill. Want to have unprotected sex? Girls not on birth control ? Just 10 minutes of browsing Sup Forums gets this baby hot enough to sterilize.

good thing that it's not a laptop, innit?

My HP EliteBook doesn't do that...

Years ago, this old teacher of mine mentioned that that was a legit method of birth control back in the day. The guy would sit on an oil heater for like ten minutes to roast his tadpoles.

My old hp pavilion that heats up faster than my oven doesn't do this.

>not 42.5°C
Also, you can make any device hit that pretty quick, with a strenuous benchmark. Or, if it's an iPhone, by charging it.

That sounds horrifying

Say what you want about HP, but they made solid laptops with great ventilation. Even the cheapest piece of shit cooler pad with a single 1200rpm fan made a moderate impact on temperatures thanks to all the holes punched out underneath the laptop and the metal base. My good cooler makes it run almost 15 degrees celcius cooler under load. On my samsung i5 laptop it doesn't even make 10 degrees difference, even though it gets just as hot with the gt520m running.

That surface was asleep. Or at least the owner thought it was when he told it to sleep.

They know their shit Heats up so they have the vents there. My dad and sister both work for hp, and I'm on my way there too. My dual fan stand for it completely cools it to the point where I can use my 5770m inside.

I was afraid as fuck of this. But for some reason this doesn't happen to me with the 2015 rMBP, 15". Anyone knows if it had a redesing to avoid this or something?

>macbook pro
Got what you deserved fampai.

>Say what you want about HP, but they made solid laptops with great ventilation.
Certainly not my experience. Back around 2007-2009 it was extremely common to hear about HP laptops that'd cooked themselves and had either dead HDs or dead GPUs.

One of my close high school buddies got a high-end ($1500+) HP entertainment swivel screen tablet-laptop hybrid thing and fuck, that thing was probably THE most miserable pile I've ever had the misfortune of using. It was slow and hot, its screen was disappointing, its trackpad was sticky and textured in the worst way among other things. It ended up cooking itself too and my buddy ended up buying one of the last pre-unibody 15" macbooks to replace it.

Exactly. But other brands like samsung don't care. Sealed plastic bottom. Pic related is the base for my laptop.

Sounds like my HP. Touch screen, pen, swivel screen, textured trackpad, overheating piece of shit.

Works great on Linux though. Currently got Fedora mate installed and it's working great for my uses.

There was no redesign. This only happens if you smash the laptop repeatedly while it's closed thereby wearing away the padding on the edges of tscreen. Also the keys don't scratch the screen, they just leave a greasy imprint you can wipe away.

It's because they're making the travel distance/height of the keys shorter and shorter so they don't stick out as far.

Problem is it makes it suck to actually type on.

>not 42.5°C
>stupid yuropoors think that makes temperature any lower

Looks like a guy on his back, legs folded up and trying to suck his own dick.

My rMBP is a bit over two years old now and has no marks. Then again I constantly clean off my keyboard.

>design a laptop
Did you post the wrong photo? That's a tablet.

Yeah hp and Linux just go together.
My hp Laptop is one of those ones that would Cook themselves to death. I finally disabled the mgpu and it works fine.

Yeah and so it heats up and sounds like a 911 is happening again at home.

It's a hybrid dumbass.
The doc contains the bigger battery and gpu.

>applauding hp on thermal design

Man, fuck samsung laptops.

It ran hotter than my HP which has an AMD CPU and GPU.

In my personal experience it's been good. Could be better, but it's still better than the other laptops I've tried.

i actually have a tx2000 that cooked itself to death sitting next to me, so your post was extra ironic

Didn't the 2011 macbook gpu also fry itself? It was a design flaw iirc