RX480 will have slightly lower performance than a R9 390

>RX480 will have slightly lower performance than a R9 390

>GTX1070 will cost 500€ in Europe

Guess I won't get a new graphics card then. How disappointing...

Other urls found in this thread:

3dcenter.org/news/weitere-aots-benchmarks-der-radeon-rx480-ausgewertet
pcadvisor.co.uk/new-product/pc-components/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-gtx-1070-release-date-price-specs-available-out-3639751/
kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/matthew-wilson/december-steam-hardware-survey-shows-gtx-970-as-most-popular-gpu/
wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-970-steam-survey/
techspot.com/news/63497-steam-hardware-survey-gtx-970-most-popular-gpu.html
techtimes.com/articles/125239/20160118/steam-gamers-have-a-new-favorite-graphics-card-nvidia-geforce-gtx-970.htm
vrfocus.com/2016/01/geforce-gtx-970-now-most-popular-gpu-in-steam-survey/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_900_series
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

GOOD FIGHT THE MINDLESS CONSUMERISM

>tfw burger
>tfw get to order a 1070 strix as soon as possible and not pay through the nose for it

Anyways, maybe the 1060/ti will suit your needs better when that comes out.

I don't even think the 480 will cost 200€

It absolutely won't. Cheapest 380 is around 200€.

I guess I will stay poor with my 280x

Might as well just get a used GTX970 or 480 then.

I think everyone was expecting the 970 to step in the footsteps of the 970. But the 970 was 320€ at launch. The 1070 will never sell like the 970 did.

It will be at least 230€ if you're lucky.

Probably:
>4GB, 239€
>8GB, 279€

>>RX480 will have slightly lower performance than a R9 390
Source on that? I though the benchmarks put it between GTX 980 and Fury X.

Stop spreading that bullshit around, Nvidia shill.

The RX 480 will have Fury (Non-X) level performance @ 100 W and crazy OC headroom.

Yeah, I'm not sure it's worth upgrading.

I just wish there was something a little bit better than the 280x for a decent price on the nvidia side.

>I though the benchmarks put it between GTX 980 and Fury X.
Source on that?

>lower performance than a R9 390
Source needed.

Somone put together all the AoS benchmarks and AMD infos we got. And the 480 performs slower than a 390 and even 290x in that game at the same settings AMD used for their presentation.

Odc there are also the "leaked" benchmarks from 3dmark which put them in 980 region, but these can't be really trusted.

My guess is that it will be pretty much GTX970 performance.

>nvidia
>decent prices

>Might as well just get a used GTX970 or 480 then.
480 is gonna be very similar in price range anyway. Just go for the new tech. And if you want to upgrade in the future you just get another one.
>inb4 crossfire meme
It's literally no longer a meme.

Yeah. An used GTX 970 is like 250€. I might as well get the RX 480 which won't be used and still probably get at least better performance.

Why do you need a graphics card you fucking manchild? To play your pic related epik gaymes?
Fuck off to

3dcenter.org/news/weitere-aots-benchmarks-der-radeon-rx480-ausgewertet

Here is the site in german, you can check all the sources yourself.

Their conclusion is:
>das von der Radeon RX480 besser keine Performance auf Augenhöhe mit Radeon R9 390X oder GeForce GTX 980 erwarten werden sollte

or in english
>You shouldn't expect performance in the regions of the 390X or GTX980

I don't get how AMD aim to compete with NVIDIA when the only option is double 480. Crossfire never worked properly and litterally unusable with 80% of the games

Op said not on same level as r9 390
That's a other story.

>I don't get how AMD aim to compete with NVIDIA
80% of the market plays at 1080p and buys cards for between $100-300.

1070 costs well above that range. It's actually nvidia that's gonna have to adjust their prices.

> What is CAD

You'll realise high performance PC's are for more than gaymin when you move out of home and start interacting with adults user.

>lower performance than a R9 390
Source?

Nvidia shills just making shit up as they do damage control I see

Well, the 290X is 15% faster than the 480 in AoS.
Also a GTX970 is just 13% slower than the 480 in a game that performas MUCH better on AMD cards.

That's why I say it will be slightly slower than a 390. Mark my words man

I know about other uses of a GPU. But 99% of Sup Forums idiots that spread their cancer in Sup Forums do not use CAD and probably never will

Fuck.

Well this is blatantly false due to the fact the 970 was the most dominant card last gen and had an msrp of over $300.

You people can deny it all you want but everyone knows the new x70 series by nvidia will dominate. Amd are crazy not have a 1070 competitor. For them to release the cheaper cards is all fine but they need a 1070 competitor at least because it's the price bracket which sells the most. The 970 and the 390 to a much lesser extent were by far the most popular and best selling gpus last gen and both were launched with prices exceeding $300.

In bongland the 1070 is set to be £500 which is nearly twice what the Americans pay.

I'm pretty sure adored tv already said the 480 will be 290 performance. And he's a massive amd shill who likes to exaggerate everything.

>Well this is blatantly false due to the fact the 970 was the most dominant card last gen and had an msrp of over $300.
Feel free to post proofs instead of rhetoric.

>I don't have facts to backup my claims

Import and avoid taxes like a real nigga.

> pcadvisor.co.uk/new-product/pc-components/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-gtx-1070-release-date-price-specs-available-out-3639751/

Nvidia have already confirmed the founders edition 1070 to be £399, which puts the msrp at £320.

>implying graphics cards are for graphics anymore

I'm writing my dissertation on deep learning in computer vision. Running a neural network on a GPU is a godsend.

Kind of like how the 1080 totally hit that £450 MSRP amirite

99% of that is because of the retailers, not Nvidia.

How do you do this? Do I need to have a guy in America who can send it as a gift, or are there services that will do it for me?

That's an 8% overclocked 290x, there is no info on what clocks that 390x was using and the 480 is running on prerelease drivers.

Wait for actual benchmarks, numbnuts

kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/matthew-wilson/december-steam-hardware-survey-shows-gtx-970-as-most-popular-gpu/

wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-970-steam-survey/

techspot.com/news/63497-steam-hardware-survey-gtx-970-most-popular-gpu.html

techtimes.com/articles/125239/20160118/steam-gamers-have-a-new-favorite-graphics-card-nvidia-geforce-gtx-970.htm

vrfocus.com/2016/01/geforce-gtx-970-now-most-popular-gpu-in-steam-survey/

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_900_series
>GeForce GTX 970
>$329 USD

The msrp of the 1080 is £529

Also different game versions.
Those benchmarks are literally worthless.

Disregard nvidia shills about 480 being slower than 390. There is no exact same configurations in AOTS with 480 or other cards to compare (game version, cpu, settings). DX11 bench shows performance levels of 980. Same with 3DMark scores.

That just goes to show you how even though the 970 is popular, 80% of people still buy a gpu at $300 the most.

This thread destroyed my illusion of a nice poorfag gaymur build, tell me more.

I was going to keep the 970 as a backup in case my 1080 went for a shit in any way.
Fuck that im selling it then, people will be wanting one if this is true

>dx12 aots @ 4k
>fury x cf only does 54
>480 cf with no official drivers does 62
>480 weaker than 390
Pretty sure you're wrong op.

It clearly shows it doesn't. The 970 won't be the most gpu if the majority of the people spend lower than $300. If anything they look for the $300-$400 cards because they're the ones which offer the best price/performance. The 390 was $329 msrp at release too.

It clearly shows they don't *

You have to keep in mind that AMD would only release results where their new card performs very well. If you are now saying that the drivers aren't optimized yet and what not you are just lying to yourself. Just face it, the RX480 will absolutely not fulfill the expectations, just like the 1070 is not fulfilling them.

>cf
For the last fucking time, the test was NOT crossfire. It was dx12's native multi GPU support. If you crossfire the 480, you won't get as much performance as dx12's native multi GPU support.

You fail statistics
also

>970
>price/performance
This meme was never true and will never be true no matter how often Nvidia spambots repeated it.
GPU price/performance peaks in the $150-$250 range.

It actually does. 970 being popular doesn't negate that most people buy a max $300 cpu.

People should srsly stop posting anything about 480 performance. We know nothing about it yet

The only results they released officially was 480 crossfire performing like 390x crossfire in AoS.
The single card benchmark that is showing in the AoS database shows it performing like a 390, but that wasn't meant to be released yet.

960 being shit and not being released until 2015 made many of the potential 960 buyers buy a 970 instead.

Yes you're probably right, if you're looking for shit tier performance. When talking about price/performance it is assumed you're talking about it within a performance bracket that isn't totally shit tier.

>cpu

This is a gpu thread

It actually doesn't or the 970 and 390 won't be the best sellers on the market.

Import fees will kill it.
The RX 480 pricing are:
4GB $199.99 USD
8GB $249.99 USD

so essentially $200 USD and $250 USD in the states, pre-tax.
In the EU I can only imagine what VAT and import tariffs will do.
If it weren't for any of those i'd say it would cost €150 and €205 respectively
but we both know VAT and tariffs will fuck you guys harder than Mahmoud does Elsa.

Prices will be 220-250€ and 250-290€

>Nvidia marketeer trying to upsell goys on overpriced GPUs they don't actually need
Kill yourself.
In the last 4-5 years Nvidia upped the price of high end from $500 to $700 or more. Now they are upping the price of midrange from $250 to $380.
It's prime jewery and we are actually getting smaller performance improvements compared to previous generation than in the old days.

That shit is so depressing, the Euro is stronger than the $ but somehow all of our shit is overpriced as fuck in the EU because 'murrika.
Of course its just like how VW, BMW, and MB are overpriced as fuck in the states because *muh import taxes and elimination of competition with inferior domestic market products that can't compete*

this.

I really hope AMD unfucks their shit this year and actually BTFOs nVidia at $150-200 cheaper just for the sake of competition and market unfuckery.
I know it won't happen just like it hasn't happened the last 8 years, but still... if only

>tfw used 290
i feel it

>5-6% of a cross section of gamers buying the 970 somehow means most people spend over $300 on a GPU

Nvidiots and math. Not even once.

A lot of GPUs that were $300+ when they were new are also on the list. And you have to account that a lot of integrated graphics are counted even though most people don't game with them.

>t.buttblasted amdrone over the fact the 970 is the most popular and successful card in recent years

Euroland is great, isn't it? High taxes, no freedom trade from real nations that actually contribute to society, sand monkeys running around, blowing shit up, and taking your money.

Do yourself a favor, and move to USA, China, Japan, or Russia, then you can meet your gaymer needs.

>Of course its just like how VW, BMW, and MB are overpriced as fuck in the states because *muh import taxes and elimination of competition with inferior domestic market products that can't compete*
They are overpriced in Europe too. American cars are rare here because gasoline is overpriced too.

1070 will be 800 aud

800 aud

Pretty much this. It's weird that nobody cared about $300-$400 cards being the prices they were but suddenly when amd announces a $250 everyone starts claiming that anything above $300 is worthless and nobody like anything above that price.

>Do yourself a favor, and move to USA
Hahaha oh wew

>Get sick, be totally fucked because can't pay for treatment
>Nigger and latino gangsters with guns
>Trigger happy cops with guns
>Can get life sentence for smoking weed in one state while it's legal in another
>Shit internet with bandwith limit

whats that
autism dollars?

dollarydoos.

and they still manage to be on average $10k-20k cheaper than they are in the USA. (Source: everyone I've ever met who was stationed in Germany, Italy, or the UK)

>>Do yourself a favor, and move to USA
>Hahaha oh wew
Did you miss the other options?
>>Get sick, be totally fucked because can't pay for treatment
Get a job, if you're a poor fag, you get free medical.
>>Nigger and latino gangsters with guns
If you're in a shit state. They mostly kill each other anyways, and they don't blow up mass crowds like sand monkeys, or snipe down a school like beta whites.
>>Trigger happy cops with guns
Only when their life is in danger.
>>Can get life sentence for smoking weed in one state while it's legal in another
No, most states treat it like a traffic ticket, unless you have a shit ton, along with a gun and huge sums of cash.
>>Shit internet with bandwith limit
True.

oy you cheeky cunt, what do you think youre smart or something, you make two guys fucking in the middle of mardi gras look like a steel cage monster truck rally
t. Jack Jones

Lel the murifatard thinks he's more freedoms than Europe.

You buy from store that's willing to undervalue and then hope it's not caught by customs.

How does it feel to be this culturally dominated by America? Your youth honestly believe America single handedly won WW2.

I can teach my dog to be a Nazi, and not be sent to jail.
I don't have to accept Muhammad raping my wife, and my wife's son.

What happens if it gets caught?

Hows the performance lower than the 390?

The new new 3dmark db entry shows it is on par with a 980@1170mhz.

They ask you to provide receipt of the purchase and then you pay the VAT and possible customs fees normally.

Something being the most popular model isn't the same as being what most people bought.

Which will end up with you overpaying much more than if you bought it locally. And let me assure you that customs aren't stupid.

You can do whatever you want you could plaster your toilet tiles with swastikas if you want to.
LBGT degenerates are hitting you murifatards as much as Europe.

still stuck with a 770 and 1080p....maybe next gen

Lmao. Stop shitposting and go back to your AMD hugbox.

I've seen no objective benchmark proving the 480 is anything but bullshit.

GPU - GTX 970 $537.11NZD
GPU – R9 380X $354.58NZD
GPU - GTX 960 $339.89NZD
GPU - GTX 950 $258.54NZD

>tfw on a budget

Which should I get?

If you just play DOTA and CSGO, the 950. If you don't care about playing other games at Xbox 360 quality buy 60fps, get the 950. Otherwise IDK what is best.

380x

>Which should I get?
cancer

missalice

1. 500€ is the fucking FE

Nobody with brain will buy a FE.

2.The RX480 will be in R9 390 region performancewise is only logical.

Only brainretards (many are here obviously) will think AMD will give you a Fury performance for half the price.

Please, kill yourself, thanks

I won't be playing Witcher 3 or anything like that... not sure what I will be desu

This is what I'm thinking desu, would have liked a 970 but fuck me it is overpriced here

She's qt af. Pity our girls are absolute shit tier, especially compared to Australia

pls no bully

380x would be good enough for 1080p on high end graphics, if you aren't looking for 10000 fps, and some titles for 1440p. It's performance will probably still get increased from drivers, and get closer to 970 in performance over time... Maybe you can get lucky and find a used 290, or something in your tight market.

The 480 should end up at 390X performance levels what are you talking about?