dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1096791/08-cascades.pdf
datadeb.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/compare-and-contrast-apples-to-oranges.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

another botnet
no thanks

>E2E encryption by default
>using botnet incorrectly to begin with

Good one, pal.

Does this mean I can finally use my computer to send texts without disgusting trash like airdroid or pushbullet?

If it's closed source the encryption means nothing. I bet you think whatsapp is secure too.

>E2E encryption where they hold the keys to mitm
>not a botnet
Good one, pal.

>rumor

The illuminati will not only announce their existancr but the existance of aliens next tuesday

>It's encrypted guys! Nevermind the fact that Apple has your private keys!
Spotted the friendly merchant.

>becoming an apple cĂșck while being outside of their platform

>pretending anything you do on a computer is secure
>perpetuating the myth of privacy in 2016

Why would anyone want shit tier spaghetti code trash by applel skiddie poo in loos that barely even works?

wired.com/2014/11/apple-lawsuit-imessages/

>decent messenger app

>
You mean telegram? We have it too

>messenger
>app

Why do you need an app to do something that phones have done since before "apps" even existed?

>Features like....emoji, stickers...mini games

More bloated than that guy from that Monty Python film

>he still uses SMS/MMS

>android
>plebs
Tell me when you have access to a fucking file browser

BTFO
T
F
O

>INB4 well we dont need one heuggg
/Thread

Is this the end of the green bubble meme?

Surely it can't be worse than whatsapp

This actually is badass for me because my job requires me to use iMessage so I am stuck with an iPhone, would love to get a note 5 or nexus 6p or something

iFag here. if this is true I'm immediately bailing on iPhone. Not having iMessage is the ONLY reason I am not using Android.

I wonder how those lol green bubble bitches feel about it

I'm not going to lie, I'll be really happy if this is the case. I want to use iMessage but don't want to buy an iPhone right now.

I bet applel will et rid of green bubbles anyways if we somehow get a the media to compare it to that jew detector plugin people got butthurt about.

But iOS doesnt use file browsers, everything is done using apps.

They just encrypted it and then forgot the keys, fellahs!!!!

Years ago when I jailbroke my device

Considering that Apple refused to decrypt their phones managed to get the federal government to back off, I certainly trust them over Google. Especially considering that Google literally reads and scans you're messages to send you ads and sell your ad profile. Their new messaging app even has that as a key feature: it reads and analyzes messages between you and your friends on their servers to see what you're most likely to send next.

>he uses his pocket pc for texting
kill yourself op, this is not a smartphone anymore

He's a qt

Genuinely retarded post

I'll take it. Google's had plenty of time to develop a competitor

That was a PR stunt you idiot.

Cool I guess but it will undoubtedly run like shit compared to on iOS just like every other fucking app.

Apple has decrypted phones for the FBI before

sms cost money and internet is unlimited
ifile, before android even existed

Source?

lel wut
PR stunt?

I bet money these whores will think getting a blue text from an Android user harassment and s form of rape.

They haven't.

If android users can have blue bubbles I'm going to be seriously pissed off

If you say so. Meanwhile Google has literally said they read all your emails to send you ads and that their new messaging app will also read and analyze all the messages you send and to who you send them to.

Not him but Apple is known to have worked with the NSA as of 2013. They also have decrypted phones for law enforcement in the past, meaning their claim that such decryption tools don't exist is a bald faced lie.

Sorry .

was for and

Need a source on phones being decrypted

>The company admitted in an October 2015 court filing in an unrelated case in the Eastern District of New York that it previously unlocked passcode-protected iPhones running on iOS 7 and older versions of the Apple operating system. That changed with iOS 8, when Apple began turning on passcode encryption by default, after the Edward Snowden revelations about the NSA made international consumers concerned about how much of their data was being turned over to U.S. intelligence agencies.

not anymore faggot

>Actually believing it because Apple said so

>Post proof
>Oh , not anymore !!

Where's the proof?

com on maat

But that is exactly what this FBI case was about. They made the statement that they will no longer unlock any phones.

hurr

Read the info in the pic posted here fags

2 rupees have been deposited in your shit wiping hands Rajeesh.

So there's literally zero reason to buy an iPhone now?

Besides a better SoC and battery life? No.

Don't forget better OS and higher quality devices

>ishit
>battery life

2 poos have been deposited in your loo Pajeet.

>iShit
>high quality

Lifelong iFag, iMessage is shit. its always felt heavy and sluggish. WhatsApp really is the best.

The ONLY good thing about it is that it doesn't compress sent media and slightly better privacy in terms of people seeing your activity, no statuses no avatar things.

>bend metal device
>UEHUEHEUH LOK IT BENTED

>>get 2 rupees from applel
>>UEHUEHEUH LOK I SHAT IN THE STREET

I used my Android phone as a foot bridge and it broke, what the fuck Google?!

>its always felt heavy and sluggish
lol

>its always felt heavy and sluggish
What the fuck does that even mean?

>always felt heavy and sluggish
is the pic attached to illustrate what heavy sluggishness looks like?

why the hell people use that app? is inferior in every way possible

do people send SMS messages any more?

if they actually release iMessage for Android and it works just like the iOS version... then thats it for all other messaging apps, google might as well not even release Allo, It doesnt matter if there are "better" products out there, iMessage is good enough and everyone will use it. It's a smart move by Apple if they actually do it.

- everyone with an iPhone has iMessage
- iMessage was prevalent before other SMS competitors were any good (whatsapp had been around for a bit i think, but it was absolutely garbage)
- continuity between OS X and iOS is genuinely nice and "just works". i used MightyText on android and it's a kludgy solution inspired by (but falling short of) iMessages.

i appreciate that other apps/networks are better now, but you need to not be a blind, frothing zealot about shit. if you can't sit down and enumerate a few reasons to explain why iMessage took hold then you're too delusional to take, let alone give, anything worthwhile in this conversation.

>look we made shittier Viber
There are so much messenger apps on fucking Android it's not even viable platform for Apple to complete in.

Quality even of shittiest app, like Viber is 10 times better than messenger.

you seem to think that the important thing in a chat protocol is the features. to an extent that's true - they need to not be too limited - but anyone who has done social network analysis could tell you that the network of users is the most important criterion. if you're the only person in your network using protocol_A, the probability of your friends migrating is generally close enough to 0 as to be a rounding error away.

iMessage captures everyone with an iDevice. iPhones are generally popular, and the groups of people for whom they're popular are these fairly strongly self-reinforcing groups - that is, the groups of people that use iPhones use iPhones overwhelmingly.

i just know that some fucking faggot is going to come in and make a retarded, autistic, or otherwise pedantic nitpicky point about something i've said, so just go ahead and get it off your chest, autists.

>iMessage
>Popular
>outside
>of
>US

It's literally most obscure messenger out there.

The thing I love most about iMessage is that the desktop client isn't a shitty powerbloat web wrapper afterthought (telegram, whatsapp, signal) or worse that bullshit where the desktop client is tethered to your phone and is useless if your phone is off (whatsapp, signal). Desktops are a first-class citizen in the iMessage ecosystem and that's awesome, because fuck pulling out my phone when I'm using my laptop or desktop.

thanks for leaping in like that. anyone else?

>whatsapp had been around for a bit i think, but it was absolutely garbage
>was
It's still shit.

>most important thing is user base
>iMessager has no user base
>You trawling, you trawling!!

Good job, just fantastic fucking job!

I would say the chances are low that they will release a windows desktop client. They will probably keep that exclusive to OS X. But, its possible you never know. For example, they put iWork on the web for Windows access. However, they did not release full windows desktop programs.

i said earlier that everyone with an iPhone or other iDevice (even a mac) is part of iMessage. given that this means a comparison between all iPhones ever sold (since they're all on iOS and therefore all coming pre-loaded with iMessage), this makes the network effect very strong.

this is why i'm not repeating myself. because if i just jumped in to help people with disabilities affecting reading comprehension as soon as they hit something they didn't understand, i'd waste all day pointing them back to the first several posts and asking them to kindly actually read the whole fucking post before having an autistic greentexting tantrum

who fucking cares that everyone on different platform is part of it, it's moving to platform where people are indifferent to it.
They literally have no leg to stand on, they are not fucking popular.
your argument is retarded at best.

That's fine with me, no device I've owned in the 20 years I've been computing had windows as a primary operating system, and only a fraction of that time (maybe a year or two) have I had a dual boot setup with a windows partition. My primary OS has always been some form of Mac OS aside from a year-long stint where everything went to shit and I had like $100 to my name and I ran Linux on an old laptop.

I think a Linux port is totally possible though given how Swift + Foundation now support Linux.

Way to into higher order thinking user

>who fucking cares that everyone on different platform is part of it
now you need to go back a post or two where i pointed out that literally anyone who's studied digitally mediated social networks (e.g. messaging systems, social networking sites, etc...) could tell you that the network effects are by far the most important criterion.

seriously, either read the posts or shut the fuck up.

you can put your anecdotal bullshit up your ass.

I still remember back when Apple ported iTunes to Windows, causing the iPod to explode in popularity and creating a "halo effect" that pulled people into trying Macs and later on iPhones and iPads.

Porting iMessage to Android has a very real possibility of being Apple's next big halo effect. If nothing else I'll bet anybody that it'll significantly reduce the number of Android users with sour attitudes towards Apple.

This isnt true. They already removed from the website. Fuck off androidpleb. no blue bubble for you

Not really because this would only affect the USA where apple is already popular. The rest of the world is already on whatsapp and in the USA iMessage is one of the reasons many people stay on iOS.

Well, given that I live in the US, that's really the only market I care about.

That said, Japan has very high iOS usage rates too. Android didn't take root as well there as it has elsewhere.

it's not "anecdotal" just because you're ignorant of the research. here are some pretty introductory slides on computational social network analysis:
snap.stanford.edu/class/cs224w-2014/slides/02-gnp.pdf
then snap.stanford.edu/class/cs224w-2014/slides/07-cascading.pdf and snap.stanford.edu/class/cs224w-2014/slides/08-cascades.pdf

I look forward to it because I own a Mac but have zero interest in the iPhone and would like to have iMessage continuity between my devices.

>Let me link him a 404 page and fucking presentation, no real peer reviewed papers.
Sure showed me, how it's not anecdotal.

I didn't realize it was locked. I can upload them somewhere. give me a minute and please stop being a faggot about it.

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1096791/02-gnp.pdf
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1096791/07-cascading.pdf
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1096791/08-cascades.pdf

>It's all nothing but presentation
Wow, it's fucking nothing.

datadeb.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/compare-and-contrast-apples-to-oranges.pdf

I don't understand. Are you asking for academic papers? You've demonstrated you're completely unfamiliar with this topic. Do you think people are writing conference and journal papers at a superficial enough level that you wouldn't be completely lost?

I'm not going to waste my time digging up the papers behind these slides. If you read a slide and you want to know more about it, ask specifically and I'll go hunt papers on that topic down.

Or, if you want to be a real adult who doesn't get everything fed to him by spoon mimicking an airplane, you can go search google scholar.

The fuck is wrong with whatsapp? Also are they just expecting everyone using whatsapp to start using another messenger app when literally every single person that owns a smartphone installs whatsapp as the first app?

Its better than Telegram, Kik, Whatsapp, and all the other random "secure" messaging services out there. Certainly better than Skype for text messages.

Though of course the NEET freetards on Sup Forums will always find something to complain about. Not like you losers have anyone to talk to anyway. More than half of you faggots have a Moto G you leave in airplane mode all day long since you don't even have service.