Why the hell isn't wireless recharging a thing?

Why the hell isn't wireless recharging a thing?

Why can't I recharge my phone without either plugging a wire into it or putting it onto a dock?

Surely if we have the technology for getting a signal as complex as WiFi traveling through the air, we can get something as basic as electricity to, right?

Holy fuck you're dumb.

underrated post

underrated post

We already have short range wireless charging available to consumers. My phone is wirelessly charging right now 4 feet away from me.

We do not have long-range wireless charging available to consumers because it is necessarily extremely wasteful.

Fuck off

Just cut a hole into your microwave oven's door

It's still in the early first stages of gimmicks, that's why it's only limited to some certain Android phones. Those people who own it are effectively beta-testers.

Last I remember, you can't really pull that much current for a decent charge unless if you want to let it sit there on the wireless charging dock for 12 hours. Oh yeah, there's also the fact that you need to have it sit on a dock to charge -- while still technically wireless, doesn't fit the overall philosophy unless if you're a wizard.

Just carry a small, external battery to plug into when you're irresponsible enough to constantly forget to charge your phone.

you can charge it on microwave ya dingus, have you never heard about that?
only problem is the phone gets hot so you need to let it cool

Thanks user. Didn't expect a seriously reply, considering I was being facetious in my reply, in the vague of being surprised this kind of tech was really.

Surprised to hear some form of it actually does seem to exist.

Also, do you have any idea how some devices can charge for a full-day's usage in like 2 minutes? I remember something about Apple doing that one for one of their mice, though the caveat was that you couldn't actually use the mouse during charging.

Wireless charging is just as fast on galaxy devices. The s7 even has quick charge via wireless. It's been out for 4 years now; it's not in beta anymore, macfag.

Just build a tesla coil and place whatever device needs to be charged close to it.

Does this actually work?

what phone do you have?
needs to be somewhat new model and the microwave needs to handle at least 800watts medium power, if it has a popcorn setting that works, they are actually making some new microwaves have a perfect setting to maximize the recharge with the least amount of heat.

No, with some larger phones like the Note will burn out the microwave if you try this. Make sure you have a strong enough microwave to handle those larger phones.

I've made this mistake before and it almost burned down my house.

Yes, but some devices can't handle the immense power of the microwave, and pic related happens.

wireless is for pussies, plugging is for real men

This, if you don't penetrate to charge, you're a fag/woman.

Fuck off

I've been using wireless charging for more than a year. As usual, Sup Forums users are fucking slow adopters who make up lies about new technologies until everyone else and their mum adopted it, like I can't wait to see you all get old. You guys will be the kind of old people who can't catch up with new technologies.