I know /g aint my personal tech support but does anybody here know what is the latest model of ps2

I know /g aint my personal tech support but does anybody here know what is the latest model of ps2.

I got two of the SCPH-77004, which is from my childhood and SCPH-90004 which i recently bought from a flea market.

SCPH-90010 seems to be the last release of PS2 Slim

Greatest console ever made. I might have to dig mine out.

SCPH-9000x aka. V18 2010-2013(PS2 EOL)

>mfw cant find my old games

The games are what made it. It just had such a massive library full of great games. Hardware wise, it was pretty weak.

Agree. This is why I love ps2 hd-remasters.

Even though they sometimes are made just for money.

>The games are what made it. It just had such a massive library full of great games. Hardware wise, it was pretty weak.

Weak is relative. The hardware was instrumental in getting (affordable) DVD players into homes, never mind the amazing selection of games which sets it apart.

that feeling when your first gen fat ps2 has issues reading discs after 15 years, kind of like a grandfather having issues remembering your phaggot ass name

:(

This, it all went downhill after the ps2 when it comes to software, a perfect console for me will be the ps3 hardware and online support with the ps library

is the latest model best model?
also how difficult is wiring a HDD to a pre-slim PS"?

Have any of you guys installed Linux in a PS2, Xbox HUEG, Gamecube ir Wii and used it as a shitposting machine?

Latest models closed some vulnerabilities in running homebrew from the memory card but the consoles were lighter.

Nowadays you need to pay for an online access. Glad I can get a cheap build with the new gpu line-up.

Glad I stopped console gaming at ps3

witnessed

Ye me too. Nice dubs-dubs-quads.

same

90004 is the latest. Check your datecode,if it's 3B it's from 2013.

BTW,the 77004 and datecode 8A/8B v18 90004s can be softmodded.

That's the right thing to do, now I have a gamer laptop :^)

buy the HDD+Modem adapter (theres even SATA models on ebay) pop in a HDD and Free MCBOOT (theres a image disk on the isozone) and you can run games from the HDD.

Faster loading times and no need for discs

i did that to a Xbox. but the iceweasel the Debian version the package i used came with was not able to show 4chen properly

I had this console. modded it. the reader died.
I miss it and I'll try to make it run, or download a emulator or something

I broke mine's power switch.

Would take so long to buy a new part.

The only good Need for speed

Or you know, buy a soldering iron and don't be a bitch.

I've got a bunch of PS2s I'm installing Black Rhino Linux on for a cluster and have installed FreeBSD on a Wii before

>77k
>childhood
... how old are you, op?

this is my favourite

that said, i haven't played hot pursuit 2
also, i had the PC version of III, not sure how the PSX version compares

daily reminder that creating a PS2 emulator on a 22 core Xeon wont make the games run any better or load any faster

CHECKED

Well, I don't mind. Can you at least play them? I've been looking for a ps2 emulator, but they seems to be a little tricky

install gentoo

I run PCSX2 on my i5-3550k and it runs pretty well. Some areas in games can result in a slight frame rate drop, but apart from that it's as smooth as butter.

You can get PS2 Controller to USB adaptors for cheap on eBay, and then you just map the buttons. Download the BIOS ROM and you're all good to play.

Sorry, I meant 3570k*

All of the slim models are good. The original is fine too but the slide out disc tray is just extra moving parts.

Fat's better because you can install games to the HDD