I5-2500k master race - is it finally over? THIS IS A VIDEOGAMES THREAD

I think the run for this beast is over in terms of videogames. Even at 4.4 with a 970 and 1866Mhz RAM I am dropping frames in games like TW3 which the DF tests don't seem to have an issue with as shown here: youtu.be/frNjT5R5XI4?t=2m5s

Either my PC is fucked, in which case I should reinstall windows, or the golden age is over.

What do you think?

It's a problem with your 3.5 + 0.5 bro.
I have 2500k with SLI 1080, runs smooth as butter.

>THIS IS A VIDEOGAMES THREAD

It could be other components failing .

>tfw I cheaped out on the mobo back then and now I can't properly overclock anymore because the voltage control sucks

rip 2500k. it was a good run.

>It's a problem with your 3.5 + 0.5 bro.
No, it isn't. My 970 is overclocked heavily--similar to the one in the linked video.

TW3 doesn't even hit 2.5GB memory usage on all ultra anyway so your meme is irrelevant. It's either the 970 alone isn't good enough, or the CPU isn't good enough.

Enjoy your ban.

>It could be other components failing .
Like?

>Even at 4.4
Hve you checked if it throttles? Maybe it doesn't run at 4.4 because of power or temperature throttling it.

Also make sure your ram runs in dual channel mode.

Otherwise there is not much you can do except maybe upgrading to faster ram.

>Hve you checked if it throttles?
Yes, it isn't.
>Also make sure your ram runs in dual channel mode.
Yes, it is.
>Otherwise there is not much you can do except maybe upgrading to faster ram.
You really think 1866 to 2133 will make enough of a difference that I would see results like in the DF video?

2500k is fine, still

imbecile

Sold mine for $134 in yurop few weeks ago. Feels good though I wished for more.

Yes, that extra 267 MHz will help tremendously. And make sure the RAM is low latency as well.

Nah OP you're just retarded. Everyone knows you should drop shadow details to low because they change literally nothing and yet you may get like 8 fps more. Also, put folliage visibility on high instead of ultra. Again, no visual change and a massive improvement.

Witcher 3 is one of the best optimized games when it comes to CPU multithreading support. OC your GPU.

Buy a Broadwell-E, goy

>THIS IS A VIDEOGAMES THREAD
This is Sup Forums you dumb kid

This. The 2500K is still decent.
What resolution? That overclock won't affect the physical 224 bit 3.5 and 32 bit 512 MB.

I run a 780Ti clocked at 1306 MHz in my system, it has similar issues in TW3. 4K Low will only result in 30-40 FPS inside, lower resolusions at higher settings give similar experience.
It can help a bit, but won't do anything at all. I run 2133 Mhz in my PC on a 3770K 4.4, I don't think these are the bottleneck.
He should get rid of it. The 970 is a gimped piece of shit and the only solution is a 1070. Or wait for a 480X and do a sidegrade, maybe its cheap enough so he can switch without paying at all. 480X will feature better VRAM (and 8 GB versions) and possibly some OC headroom. 2304 shaders is a lot more than 1664.

mfw no mods here to stop this Sup Forums degeneracy

>What resolution?
1080p
>That overclock won't affect the physical 224 bit 3.5 and 32 bit 512 MB.
Again, this doesn't matter. I'm not hitting anywhere close to 3.5.
>I run a 780Ti clocked at 1306 MHz in my system, it has similar issues in TW3.
My 970 is clocked at 1500Mhz.
>I don't think these are the bottleneck.
Your reasoning? Even on mostly low the game still drops in Novigrad and Beauclair.
>The 970 is a gimped piece of shit and the only solution is a 1070
If you're talking about muh 3.5, then sure, but I'm not upgrading until nVidia offers a card with actual DX12 support and HBM for a reasonable price. AMD would also be acceptable.
>2304 shaders is a lot more than 1664.
And yet there are people with a 970 and Ivy Bridge i5 that get smooth 60.

But that's wrong. i7-930 @ 4GHz here and never bottleneck.

Your GPU is strong, but not better than mine. I wonder why this happens on Low. I have similar issues in Battleborn, I get drops on 20 at 620x480 on a certain map, even when the GPU underclocks itself to 800 MHz then.

You should really reinstall your system. But I would clean your video driver and reinstall it before. A 970 should get 60 fps without a problem on 1080p High.

>run mine at 4.4GHz like a true memer
>but somehow hit 100% usage while playing BF4 and using VLC
>no throttling, temps are below 60°C
I'm seeing some cheap 4690k deals out there ($250 for cpu and mobo), but I don't think it's worth it

maybe when skylake becomes a bit cheaper

No. Are you running an i5? I had a 3570K before and it bottlenecked a 980 on 1080p. Thats normal. If you really need more FPS (144 Hz) then look out for some _e platform.

2500k, 4.4GHz, 1.33V, idles at 34°C ish (summer), with a 290

honestly, I NEVER had problems with the CPU before a few weeks ago, but now it seems like it's struggling at tasks it could easily do before