What is vram and where exactly is it located on a gpu?

What is vram and where exactly is it located on a gpu?

RAM and it is all those squares around the center big chip.

>Video RAM, or VRAM, is a dual-ported variant of dynamic RAM (DRAM)
>*GPUs come in various sizes and configurations, your GPU will most likely be different

So these are the temps of the vram?

VRMs are not VRAM, VRM means Voltage Regulator Module. They are very different.

Good guess, but no. VRM stands for voltage regulator module. It's what keeps your gpu from exploding in a poof of electricity when it powers up.

Red = GPU. Graphics processor.

Yellow = VRAM. Video RAM.
Pink = VRM. Voltage regulator. Filters and sends power to the GPU and VRAM.

The "VRAM" you are describing is actually a really REALLY old form of GPU RAM (we're talking mid-90s).

the real mindfuck is how insane of a technology HBM is

that card has 4GB of Vram, each one of these little plates is a fourth of a gig. you can see the plates here in an HBM card, they fit 4 gigs right here

>Good guess
I love how unlike a lot of other boards Sup Forums can always be so polite.

with lower latency
with lower power usage
with higher bandwidth

Looks like there's room for one more on each side. Could anyone dumb down why they couldn't give fiji 6GB HBM?

You really think graphic card memory is limited by space availability? What a fucking retard lol

You're not actually talking about Sup Forums right?

Fuck your shit, fag.

Physical space is not the limiting factor. Dumbing it down is difficult, but in absolute tard terms it's safe to say it's "logical space" defined by the GPU's architecture.

You know, I try to be nice and you niggers shit all over it more than Indians pollute their designated shitting streets.

Fuck you, you stupid feminist underageb& hipster nigger cunt.

Right. Like how the 7970 or 780ti was limited to 3gb or 6gb because 384bit bus?

I think I get it now.

But why not 8GB? Even though performance wasn't bad, 4GB really looks bad on paper for a top tier card like that.

I don't have enough images on this laptop to respond with so here, have some Trig Identities.

Also, fuck you.

HBM2 will be 8GB.

4GB was the hard limit for the memory interface and density of modules for HBM1.