New macbooks!

Are you hyped for Monday?
Will they pussy out again and only present bullshit software mini-updates?

New Mac hardware chances are slim at WWDC, it's probably the longest we've gone without a refresh ffs

Apple doesn't do gimmicks.

it's going to be the same ugly rehashed garbage since 200 fucking 9 with an extra gimmick tacked on and bigger numbers in the marketing literature

big fucking whoop

Looks rad

re: that mockup
I honestly think something along those lines would have pretty neat potential, but it's probably just wishful thinking they'd do anything good with it.
Predicting a more locked more, more portless piece of shit.

What exactly do you want in a laptop besides an excellent screen, reliable durable hardware, good battery life and a sleek case? I don't understand this meme at all and I wish you would die

something actually exciting, specs are already good enough as they are

Do you want it to do back flips? Light up? Flashlight attachment?

How about a fucking CPU that wasn't released in 2014 (Haswell)?

no, I just want Ives to get the fuck off of his fat ass and do something different other than make it imperceptibly thinner and ramp up numbers nobody gives a shit about but hipsters who should be using a desktop anyway

I want to see something that actually lives up to the hype and blows me away other than "woohoo last year's CPUs cool"

why is this such a fucking difficult thing for you to understand

>tfw they're probably going to announce yet another even more locked up version of OS X
Is Mavericks truly going to stay the last half-decent OS X?

Makes sense, Apple is no longer a computer company.

iToys make 90% of their revenue and the margins of selling a phone for $650 that Foxconn makes for $160 are too sweet to pass up

Your description is nothing but buzzwords. What possible exciting thing can a laptop do that they don't already do today?

do you even know what a buzzword is?

A word that sounds like it has meaning but is actually poorly defined if it's even defined at all. One of these words are "a computer that lives up to hype" and "exciting new laptop".

If it gets anything more than a passing mention it will be about the supposed oled pad.

just because you can't read unless it's literally spoonfed to you does not mean it's meaningless, you'd think shitting on Ives would have gotten the implication of "major design refresh" by pretty well

there's no point in being hyped for the same shit with bigger numbers; it's predictable, it's inevitable, it's boring

>iToys make 90% of their revenue
iToys are computers; that's how they work.
Phones, not just iToys, are computers, too.
Just because you feel your manhood is threatened there's no need to retreat into denial.
>the margins of selling a phone for $650 that Foxconn makes for $160 are too sweet to pass up
And nobody but Apple can make phones in that price range, right? Except, say, Samsung, Sony, and just about everybody else. But they undermine their own premium products in the race to the bottom. Just like they did with PCs.

what does mavericks do that el capitan doesnt do better? Serious question
>inb4 my mac isn't powerful enough

Snow leopard was best os desu

what gpus will be in those??
>inb4 intel iris pro

The Macbooks and iPhone have reached such a point of design perfection that all Apple can really do is upgrade the instals as parts becoming available, and produces them in a wider choice of sizes.

I really can't see what they could possibly do to make the Macbooks better. If they cut down the bezels then you'd just smudge the screen every time you adjusted the lid, and there's be less contrast between the screen and what's behind. The trackpad was essentially perfect even before the latest 'force touch' / haptic gimmick nobody cares about. Nobody actually wants a keyboard that changed faction/shape, since that would do away with typing by feel. Nobody wants any sort of auxiliary display since your eyes can only look at one thing at once (Apple led the industry in TAKING AWAY blinking lights and status indicators littered around the hardware).

whatever happened to the Esc key though?? Vim users BTFO

Looking good.
Root access.
Uh...

root access is turned off for a reason. And it's easily turned back on if you really need it.
I like the new look too and it seems to be even more efficient than mavericks and yosemite.
I admit that yosemite was total trash like Vista

>lenovo
it's going to be the same ugly rehashed garbage since 199 fucking 0 with an extra gimmick tacked on and bigger numbers in the marketing literature

big fucking whoop

They should merge the Air line with the Pro line to make it less redundant, making the Pro take the Air's design while still retaining the same power.

>not using ^[
oh wait... does mac not have a ctrl key?

They do, u mong

the "macs don't have any keys/buttons" disinfo/meme should go away and stay away

OP picture literally has a mac without F-keys
when did mac start shipping mice with more than one button?

You should really try the touchforce "gimmick" best thing they came up lately.

That looks cool and all, but if you think about it's completely useless.

so you can't come up with one legitimate use case for the thing? damn son, work on that creativity.

see

>even before the latest 'force touch' / haptic gimmick
It's not a gimmick though. It feels nice being able to press anywhere on the trackpad with the same amount of force.

But he is right. Apple has always been THE innovative company but since Jobs dead they can't do shit anymore.
At least they should bring out another color instead of that ugly silver shit, that also fits to their mobile devices.

>so you can't come up with one legitimate use case for the thing?
For an OLED touch 'bar' instead of just keys? No.

Why even bother posting? Just filter the threads already and stick to GNU ricing general or whatever weeb pedo shit tickles your balls these days

Poo in the fucking loo Rajeesh.

When you can't innovate, imitate.

>excited for macs
>It amazes me to this day the amount of money people will send on that ugly piece of shit.

>mirror of the status bar on your keyboard
for what reason?

For the same reason macs use glossy mirror shit instead of real screens meant for work.

glossy > matte
Go fuck yourself, contrarian retard

The only apple product that is worth something.

matte >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> gloss shit
Go fuck yourself, mactoddler moron

>Are you hyped for Monday?
Yeah, but because of E3.

Except that's fucking wrong.

>I love reflections on my screen!!!

Remember when apple gave you the option of choosing matte or glossy?

I do ;_;

I'm not that guy, but if you think glossy is superior you are clearly an idiot. Glossy is even the default on cheap as fuck Dell laptops.

I don't know how else to explain you are wrong, this was the most common example a normie like you could understand that I could think of.

>mactoddler
omg epic burn lulz imma use that in the future thanks Sup Forumsro!

Kill yourself you brain dead mactard moron.

mactoddler detected

>mactoddler
>thinks he belongs on Sup Forums

Fuck off back to and take your toddler toys with you.

It is indeed the longest period without macbook pro updates ever.

Supposedly the next one is supposed to make bigger changes than just "same old shell with new CPU" (including meme features like a touch screen above the keyboard which applications can do whatever with). Combined with Intel being late with their shit it ended up being kind of disastrous.

And this was the year I was going to buy an MBP too baka.

#SHREKT
S
H
R
E
K
T

Alienware and razers are better

Can programs actually change what's on the screen or is it just a fucking row of buttons except they decided to make it a touch screen so it would be more uncomfortable to use?

How the fuck do I change my brightness and anything useful

just a row of capacitive buttons. don't be naive - PC manufacturers wouldn't introduce such a novel feature unless they were cajoled into doing it by a serious competitor, and the only company that's seriously doing that is Apple.

>this is what mactoddlers actually believe

Tried both, I prefer glossy screens in 95% of all scenarios. Reflection are very rarely an issue. Also, far better contrasts.

>Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP Service pack 1

You know it's true.

The only hardware improvements should be a CPU refresh, thinner screen bezels and adding USB3.1.

Macbook Pros are already excellent, there's nothing to change.

>mactoddler has no argument
>can only spout memes

Cry harder.

>Finish of the screen
>Having anything to do with contrast

Alright.

Well too bad motherfucker because we're changing all the ports for USB-C

You are Apple?

Looks dumb, why would I want to look down at my keyboard for trivial shit like that? I'm happy with my 2015 MPB

t. my wife's son works at foxconn

So I guess you never really compared the two. You just repeat the Sup Forums memes, alright.

The thing is, glossy screens only reflect when there's a certain angle between light source and the monitor. If it annoys you, you can always just tilt the screen. With matte screens the issue is that they scatter the light from all directions in all directions, so if there is one bright source of light present (i.e. the sun shining into the room from the left), then the contrast is ruined. It looks very shitty and annoys me more than any reflection ever could. Also: I can easily ignore reflections via stereoscopic vision (my eyes can separate reflection from display easily). With matte screens that is not possible. If the sun is shining on your screen, everything is just some grey blurry mess and you can't do anything against it.

I literally had an argument in a store with an employee back when I still was younger and still looked like a child. I was talking to my friend and we were looking at the laptops they offered. Nearly all of them had that new trend of glossy displays, which meant you literally couldn't read shit on the display because of the lighting. I said that out loud to my buddy and we both agreed, but some dickhead employee heard it and started shittalking about "better contrast and colors". The only thing was: I knew my shit even back then, because that's just how I roll. I told him to stop trying to make an ass out of us, I even explained to him the difference of how these displays are manufactured. That made him so mad, that he literally threw us out of the store.

I remember having lots and lots of converstations with people confusing reflections, contrast and color saturation back then. A reflective screen can be really neat to have, because you literally stay connected to your own face instead of falling into the computer completely, but saying that this changes color perception (that shit ain't weed for fucks sake), is just idiotic.
I get mad everytime I have to read or hear somebody talk shit like that.

i'm guessing they're going to reduce the bezels, like on the dell xps 13 and other laptops. and people will call Apple revolutionary

>Tried both, I prefer glossy screens in 95% of all scenarios. Reflection are very rarely an issue. Also, far better contrasts.

Thank god apple isnt giving me options anymore because this user prefers glossy over matte

>cuck
>with a poor as fuck son
jesus

It's not about the actual contrast and colours of the screen itself, it's about how the contrast seems worsened by scattered light. Colors and contrast seems washed out in many light situations.

I see what you mean, but I cannot say I noticed this, to be honest.
The only thing I notice are reflections, I really tried to use reflective screens, but I just get annoyed. However good matte screen protector foils can be had for a few bucks, so even I buy glossy devices nowadays. I just make them matte manually.

it's a computer, but it's a computer you can't use for anything due to completely artificial restrictions for your own good

like a car that doesn't let you carry passengers unless they've been pre approved to be okay to be seen with in your iCar

>the margins of selling a phone for $650 that Foxconn makes for $160 are too sweet to pass up
When will this meme end?

>No, I'm not hyped for apple finally admitting that they care more about consumer users than actual pros when they make something called a macbook PRO.

They clearly dont give a shit anymore

At least under Jobs they made a credible attempt at satisfying the pro/prosumer market.

>No, I'm not hyped for apple finally admitting that they care more about consumer users than actual pros when they make something called a macbook PRO.
>Pros need F keys. All our programs use them because we aren't fucking vim faggots. Touch is anti-ergonomic and makes life worse.
>>but guys we're going to be able to save 18px of screen space! no more statusbar!
>Fucking consumer ricer garbage
>It's like apple gave up on trying to bring UNIX to the world and said "okay, if you have a job that involves more than programming, there's windows"

:^)

Fuck yeah they do. Magic Mouse? Force Touch?

iCar and tesla/elon musk spam is just a codeword for Apple CARe.

Just be a good goyim and buy apple care. Apple is ultra giga nigger tier at guerilla marketing.

>Pros need F keys
do you ever have out of body experiences where you realize what you're saying sounds totally fucking retarded and myopic?

the most concrete you can get while still being theoretically relevant is that "professionals need user interfaces that reward expert familiarity". beyond that is just implementation. historically, that has involved function keys, but that reliance has been on a precipitous decline for the past several years/decades. there are too many shortcut commands and too few function keys for them to be relevant anymore, hence the super key and its various combination uses.

when apple dropped optical drives in the MBA and later the rMBP Sup Forums had fucking panic attacks claiming that they were being too hasty in dropping optical drives. i would argue that dropping physical Fn keys is less controversial than that was (the MBA like a year or two before the absence of an optical drive stopped rendering it completely irrelevant as an option for mainstream consumers).

Stop being so dogmatic. and stop using anonymity to justify making indefensible claims. i can't believe that you would stand by these sentiments if we could return and evaluate them 6 or 12 months later, so stop making such stupid arguments.

F Society Keys

>due to completely artificial restrictions for your own good

Such as?

And which was such a pile of shite that it was replaced on the 3rd gen X1s with a row of proper keys

>And which was such a pile of shite that it was replaced on the 3rd gen X1s with a row of proper keys

dont worry user

Apple makes things #justwork

It would be good if the toolbar was in the led panel thing.

Would make sense. It would be perfect for it desu.

If they were as smart as me they'd do it.

>complaining about how this shit is on the wrong board
>too much of a coward to actually report the thread as off topic
okay, keep being a bitch.

>okay, keep being a bitch.

Get triggered apple nigger

Posting your disapproval of threads is the most counterproductive option on Sup Forums. If you don't like a thread, either ignore it (maybe even hide it), or report it.

Otherwise you're just bumping the thread and begging people to bump it again and again to reply to the incendiary shitpost you just made. If you really disapprove of talk about a brand you don't like, posting in that thread is fucking retarded.

>since 200 fucking 9

Holy shit, how have you stayed alive for so long? What was Jesus' beard like, and how much Apple stock did he own?

>Otherwise you're just bumping the thread

how fucking new are you?

The real issue with the Mac Pro is that it is not dual socket. Thunderbolt is supposed to take over the PCI-E expandability, but that ruins the form factor because you need a box to put the shit in. They should have just restyled the old Mac Pro and added support for Sandy Bridge Xeons. That would have been fine.

>The real issue with the Mac Pro is that it is not dual socket.

Yep

Guess they couldnt squeeze in two so they said fuck it

>Thunderbolt is supposed to take over the PCI-E expandability, but that ruins the form factor because you need a box to put the shit in.

This is the biggest issue

If that had done it as a Mac Pro mini I'd be fine with it, but to go from a workstation I can cram pretty much everything I need into it to "lol just buy external cases" is fucking unreal