Hey Sup Forums, just graduated? Need a job? Come work at my company!

Hey Sup Forums, just graduated? Need a job? Come work at my company!

>$15 / hour pay
>No medical or dental included

REQUIREMENTS:
>Minimum 5 years experience in Rust
>Minimum 4 years real-world experience (no internships)
>Must be intermediate level in COBOL
>Must fill some minority quota so our company looks diverse

dear sirs i can large experience rust many applications cobol
t.pajeet

Does it counts if have the same programs wrote in different languages?

What

>Experience in lean required
>Green Belt minimum, Black Belt preferred
>No benefits during trial period of 4 years
>Must be a mover! Have to be willing to relocate and travel +-100% of the time
>Must be comfortable with cold calls while working
>Must be proficient with SAP and Primvera setup and module design
>Excel experience preffered but not at all required

thanks

>Must fill some minority quota so our company looks diverse

They post ridiculous job openings so they can say they "tried" to find people to hire at home. By saying that they tried, they can then legally begin to hire H1Bs from India for cheap labor.
In short, they've stopped hiring at home. They want cheap (and incompetent labor from India.

Kek

Industrial Engineer here.
H1Bs are fucking. Expensive. As in more than the average yearly salary for a position expensive . I don't think you guys understand what an h1b is at all. Companies try to avoid utilizing the precious few they get unless it's for an incredibly qualified individual. I believe the average cost for an h1b application is around 150k. That's not including relocating someone, benefits and their actual salary.

> internship
> not paying
> no intentions of hiring, just exploiting you for free labor, not that we'll ever tell you this part...

>H1Bs are fucking. Expensive

Please nigga. H1Bs are paid whatever the fuck the boss wants to pay them as long as it's min wage or over. That's why Disney fired all their overpaid employees and replaced em with min wage H1Bs.

Not the employee. The actual h1b application and transfer cost you idiot. It isn't free and there's a myriad of associated costs, fees and issues beyond the 8 grand application fee. And by application I mean that person may or may not even be approved for an h1b the first time. So the corporation has to reapply for their h1b and pay again. In both countries.

Try finding a job as a 30 something white man in 2016.
It's not fun.

should be easy since you have white privilege

No such thing exists it's not the 1950s anymore.

He's right though.
Also they do it for internal promotions.

No qualifications or experience, eh?
Better get busy on the promotion treadmill.

>paid by the hour

Literally McDonald's tier. Glad I didn't go into IT

what are you paid by?

Annual salary for contracted hours + fixed overage percentage + bonus + one all inclusive 4 day vacation abroad a year + health insurance + pension. + 29 paid holidays a year On top of bank holidays.

I'm in the UK so I don't even need the health insurance.

Is this not normal where you're from?

I was 23 btw when i started.

>Business management experience required
>Mimimum five years project management experience
>Must have computer hacking skills
>Irish need not apply

He's getting paid by inches.
Like by his boss' fat COCK
Because he's a FAGGOT

He wasn't being racist or anything, that's pretty much a fact, from the left wing you can also see it as inherent to the free market/neoliberal capitalism system, which is inherently globalist.

>be in mid 20s
>6 figure salary and free house provided by work

Workin for the gubbermint is aiight.

imagine if we all worked for the government and private corporations didn't exist...

don't hate the player, hate the game

there's a reason southern california edison replaced people making $100K+ with outsourced people at indian consulting firms

1) indian firms hire essentially indian exclusively. they'll claim it's a 'level 1" position when it's level 2 or three so they can pay less but still pay (according to level 1) the prevailing wage
2) paying an h1-b candidate $60K/yr exempts you from a lot of requirements in trying to find an american for the job instead
3) the company that uses a contractor no longer has to pay benefits like retirement account, healthcare contributions, etc. which can save them 50% on top of the already reduced salary
4) the cost of an h1-b visa is now $4,500 for companies that are more than 50 employees and more than 50% are h1-b visa holders. even if you say $3,000 for a plane ticket (ridic in economy) and $5,000 for relocation, hell let's just up that to $15K total (misc expenses) and you're still only at $5k/yr for three years. plus you can renew the guy on H1-B without relocating him again

It's worse in journalism...

Aye, just graduated? Need a job? Write for us

>$10/hr pay (lower depending on state minimum wage laws)
>60 hour work week
>No benefits

REQUIREMENTS
>At least 4 internships in college, and at least one with the New York Times.
>Ability to do literally everything since we laid off a production staff, photographers, web developers, sales consultants and secretaries because money.
>Ability to take direction from a clueless publisher who bought this paper to help his business buddies out.

Journalism isn't even a real job, you're just shills/mercenaries for the highest bidder who actually pays peanuts because the market is full of journalists and mediums.
Should've thought first before getting a meme degree.

take your camera and go make your own report in Darfur or something and sell to the highest bidder, that's always how journalism worked for non connected/non jewish people

>journalism
>job

Shit pay+benifits. Shitty requirements.

figuratively this

so whats the best course of action for people graduating soon?

join a start up?

>so whats the best course of action for people graduating soon?
Get a masters

isnt that just digging yourself deeper in the hole

Everyone has a bachelor's degree, how are you going to stand out as a candidate?

Or even worse, all the interesting jobs require a master's degree. With a bachelor's only, don't expect more than entry-level help desk tasks.

Throw that CS degree out the window and get a CmpE degree.

isnt masters not recommended for engineering though? if you havent got a job yet

I'm black, I got hired by a 'progressive company' MFW I just have to smile and laugh when I don't know shit, MFW I have an easy job for life key.

thats what im getting.

trying to get into telecommunications

>isnt masters not recommended for engineering though?
In all engineering jobs I see posted, a master's is required. Maybe we look at vastly different types of jobs?

>mfw you will never get a considerable pay rise or promotion

Who the fuck told you this? If anything, Master's is highly recommended for Engineering because the 1-1.5 years you spend getting a Masters will give you up to $10k+ on your starting salary.

this is in aus

have been told getting a masters with no work experience makes getting a job hard since you're 'over qualified'

Slightly off topic but I hate when companies ask for barely related skill sets for one position. I've been looking for work and recently saw one that asked for mobile (both iOS and android), web (full stack with RoR), and Linux kernel driver development.

I swear I saw one some time ago that asked for both PCB design and MySQL.

>have been told getting a masters with no work experience makes getting a job hard since you're 'over qualified'
You've been meme'd user.

Also, I worked full time while doing my master's.

lol you aint seen my smile son. Also the public sector fucking love us. We are fucking poster boys. You can be sure as shit I will be asking for more money every year. kek.

Oh I don't know about Australia. I just know about the US. At least in my university, a B.S in EE/CmpE has an average starting salary around $65k but with a M.S. it goes all the way up to $75k-$80k.

Ph.D is the one that's not worth it from a pure financial perspective since the time invested isn't worth the pay raise (typically around $100k+ starting) but if you're into research, you'd definitely need it.

>what is a recession
I'm not worried, but then again, I also don't care for easy mode work.

you will be worried when I get your bonus for doing nothing, fucking white cuck lel.

>college is worthless, a degree is just there to help you get past the HR filters, all you need is a portfolio
>masters or bust, if you don't have a masters at least just kill you're are self

which meme am I supposed to fall for?

>$15/hour sysadmin in US
>No benefits
Might kill myself.

Best way to get a job is a good degree and connections.

I really don't care what other people make. I get to work with what I love, and I get paid quite generously for it too.

If you get paid fourteen gorillean dollarians for sitting around and being a token black guy, and you're happy with that, then good for you. I get paid almost 90k (>100k with bonus) for doing something that is very challenging (but I really, really enjoy) and I'm not even 30 yet.

Honestly, specialize in something good, let poo in the loo do the donkey boring code work for peanuts. Always be prepared to learn something new. And for the fucking golden answer / advise to all your problems email tad dot allagash at yandex dot com fo serial

Funny thing is, I get paid a lot more than all you developer cucks. I'm laughing (yes like a monkey lol) all the way to the bank. And funnily enough, I'm probably in charge or your shitty autistic project. ha ha ha

I'm a CS student but I've taken a few economy classes as well.
One time our economy professor said something very interesting :
Basically the industry will always say "we need more engineers" or "we need more programmers", etc.
But what this really means is "we have engineers and programmers but they're too expensive. We want there to be more of them so we can be in control of the situation and decide who we pick and how much money we pay, because if with the current amount of engineers, we're at the mercy of that engineer".
Basically businesses dislike being the bottom bitch so they try to over saturate the market so they can be the alpha dog again

>tfw I'm wageslave

>not starting your own business
>0 dollars starting
feels good mang

>caring about making $10 more
what a shitty attitude, be happy for getting paid to do the things you like

>caring about 1600 dollars more

We all are. I'm not in the US (IN EU) but i'm on ~180000USD PA. it's a fucking trap. Honestly if you're "poor" you're lucky, if you're "rich" you're also lucky. If you're in the 50 to 100 Euro bracket... you're fucked and you pay for the rich and the poor.

>Funny thing is, I get paid a lot more than all you developer cucks.
Didn't I just tell you that doesn't bother me?

I have friends with no education at all that are paid better than me, simply because they have fathers that are rich and well-known and nepotism is still a thing.

> I'm laughing (yes like a monkey lol) all the way to the bank.
Good for you

>And funnily enough, I'm probably in charge or your shitty autistic project. ha ha ha
I'm lead developer where I work and only answer to the CTO, so no, you're not.

Don't worry little cuck you will work under one of us eventually.

>implying companies care more about diversity than about profit

they do

>work 6 months at shit pay doing half office work and half help desk, which i actually liked
>immediately get a second job at roughly the same pay an average work gets
>14 salaries at year, not sure how you call those
>free meals or Meal Vouchers depending on what shift you do
>didn't even touch college at all
All is well

They don't.

>getting a masters, or worse a PhD, instead of an MBA or a JD
its like you actually want to be poor