Be hiring manager

>be hiring manager
>see resume was made with LaTeX
>shred it because that's indicative of future problematic behavior

Fair enough.
Your loss, desu.

ok

I can see that being fair enough in some cases. Not all companies can actually afford straying away from their rigid development toolset doctrine.

The developer in question wouldn't be happy working there either, so it's a win/win.

I would have probably done the same.

When someone uses latex and/or makes a point about using Linux you know they are going to be hard as hell to work with without them autisming out constantly.

>see resume was made with LaTeX
and you know that how exactly?

I agree with the rest

Because OP uses it too. Tee hee.

The smell of latex is pretty distinct user. How do you not know this? desu~

>Not writing your resume in markdown

I use Microsoft Office because I'm not a perpetually unemployed shitbrd.

>manager
Theres the problem

This.

I once sent a cv out after editing in open office. It cost me the job. Back to MS word :~|

I actually did an internship at the HR department of a medium sized company and the first thing we did was shredding every resume that didn't have a 'normal' lay-out

so this resume wouldn't have made the cut?

(((You)))'re just trying to sabotage your competition here.

Older versions of word on OSX would have totally fucked up layouts on Windows.
maybe if we needed someone to sell second hand Thinkpads
What do you mean? That way you just filter people you know that are either so worthless they don't even bother making a proper resume or you get rid of people that are socially challenging and hard to work with, like those that use LaTeX

I thought about buying word but wordpad seems to work just as good.

A coworker received from a client a document that worked in Google's stuff, and Abiword, but not the version of Office we were using at the time. Not even MS's wares can be guaranteed compatible with MS documents.

Is this bait?

They probably do it on purpose.
If word would have 100% compatibility with all other text editors, there would be no reason for people to keep using it.

However as for now the majority of people still use word and have a hard time changing because of incompatibility issues.

>Not compiling it to pdf

>people being this autistic

You realize when he says "normal" he means stuff that looks like it was written as an essay, in comic sans, nobody, not even in HR is autistic enough to throw out stuff that was made in a certain program (unless if it was from gimp, and at that point, you might as well go back to thinkpad threads).

Normal means written in MS Word, using standard layouts found all over the internet.

I dot my i's with bell peppers so everyone knows I value freedom.

>Normal means written in MS Word, using standard layouts found all over the internet.
Ok, you either work in retail, or are trying too hard to bait.

Free software is for cuckolds. Anyone who can't be normal and use superior proprietary software should have their resume rejected.

>Not ending every sentence with bell pepers instead of periods

>Free software is for cuckolds
>paying the eternal jew for something that could be yours for free
Who is the cuck here again?

Oh yeah? My company only accepts applications by snail mail, and we discard anything printed on an inkjet. We only want people thinking long-term here.