Are there any cheap phones that are good at emulating stuff?

Are there any cheap phones that are good at emulating stuff?

probably something on

try gentoo

If all you care about is the emulation, just get a PSP. You should be able to find one easily under $50 at your local pawn shop. Even the 3000 series are all permanently flashable now and you can get an adapter off amazon to use normal microSD cards in it. I've used up to 32GB and I've heard tell of people using even 128GB cards with no issues.

is that pspgo flashable now? that one had a sick formfactor

Yes, you posted a picture of it

You're literally talking about the Zenfone 2. It's so advanced it can emulate x86 Windows 7 at near native speeds.

Amazon fire phone

Get cyanogen mod ++ so cheap to get them like under £100 brand new. Nobody wants them, amazing hardware for the price

If you're looking for some autistic controllerphone you won't find em good and cheap though

Yeah. But still no n64 for it. Also snes emu suck

>no n64 for it

n64? why would I want to play that autistic system that has zero good games other than nintenaustic ones that aren't even that good?

SNES was fine on my psp2000.

>Also snes emu suck
why, is there a 1ms input lag?

autism. probably uses a i7 for cycle for cycle emulation.

I mean zsnes and snes 9x worked fine on my p2 with 256mb ram back in the day....

No. Even major selling tittles are unplayable on it. There is a lot of problems with sprite transparencies, different layers not appearing or appearing with wrong priority, A LOT of crashes.
It's a beta of SNES emulator that no one even does shit to past 5 years.

Please, at least own a fucking psp before calling it a good emulation machine. Xperia play does it way better.

I played through Super Metroid and Metroid Zero Mission on a softmodded PSP and didn't have a single issue.

it's decent still
play spyro occasionally

I have a psp2000 and snes emulation worked fine. Maybe you're a idiot?

I'm impressed you have multi window on that device for two reason: the screen is fucking tiny and made for ants, and it's a single core cpu

Full playstore access? Root is no problem? About to buy right now nigger

Nintendo literally revives and remasters all of the best n64 games on 3DS right now. Those games are often the reason they pull the trigger for the 3DS.
>inb4 3DS is worse than vita
>vita is dead

Yeah, right. Countless threads about issues with snes9x on gbatemp are just autism people not having their 60fps.
It doesn't even fucking run Super Mario World on full speed bruh. It's your nostalgia, faggot.

psp1000, got it for emulation and the games on it at the time

emulation fucking sucked and was completely unplayable even when you oc the fucker.

i can deal with the ghosting, but i cant deal with the "cant play games full speed" shit.

>2011
>see xperia play for verizon
>go to best buy to pick it up
>find out about all of gameloft's carbon clones of video games
>onlive comes out
>can not only play android games but also PC games on my phone

2011 was the best fucking year for this device.

>Nintendo literally revives and remasters all of the best n64 games on 3DS right now.

lel u cosplay as mario

> It's your nostalgia, faggot.

or you're a nintenautistic I think it's that. :)

Sorry but ps2 and psp were the best consoles of their generations. I am not fanboying a single manufacturer.
Also I probably have spent more hours on PSP than I did on my 3DS

And at the same time being the best generation console doesn't make it the best emulation device for the price currently, user

What the fuck there is a memory card adapter are you fucking shitting me I paid 30$ for shitty 8gb of memory and I lost it and never used my PSP again god fucking damnit you're telling me I can buy an adapter for a few dollars and have near infinite space with all of my microSD cards.

Holy fuck fuck proprietary anything 95% of the time it's specifically designed to fuck the customer with little actual benefit

You posted it, got mine for $30. Was going to get a PSP Go but for the same form factor and half the price I went for the Xperia Play.

Galaxy s3 lad
Not good enough but does the job for me.

2000 and 3000 were much better choices. Better screens and twice the RAM. I had no issues emulating SNES and even played some N64 games on it.

Vita is far better than 3DS

>Vita is far better than 3DS

the only thing I give the 3ds is that it is cheaper (used) and is completely hacked.

Hardware wise but it has shit for homebrew.

On the 3DS, SNES and GBA run flawlessly, however Vitas taking PSPs sloppy seconds. Gpsp is fucking trash that breaks on larger saves and has since it was released.

any $50 one
this controller
if you have anything made after 2012 you can do PSX and N64 easily

Yeah I'm talking as a console, not an emulator.

Can we just agree that a PC is the best for anything?

Fucking Sup Forums leaking again

Just buy a game clip and a dualshock 3, better than any chink controller.

even though we know nobody on Sup Forums leaves the home, every time I post this I get "NEED TO FIT IN POCKET", half of Sup Forums is /vr/ tier luddites who think emulation is bad anyway

wew lad don't be so upset. Shhh, no more tears. Only dreams now.

>still no n64 for it
I was playing n64 games on my PSP over 5 years ago.

>3ds
>hacked

So I can buy a flashcart now?

With N64 you mean Mario 64 at a shitty framerate, right?

Mario 64 at a decently playable framerate and a few other games

No, it's like a softmod. You can install it on any brand new 3DS. Go to /hbg/ on they can explain better.

25fps with frame skip is anything but enjoyable. Almost no game run at full speed with sound since most 64 games are 3D and run at 60fps.

I beg to differ. I don't play games to wank off to framerates, I play them to enjoy the game.

Then you have low standards. It's not "waking to framerates" but enjoying something at a good quality, I always played n64 on PC cause that. PSP is only good to play SNES and PS1.

You can get MOGA Pocket controllers for less than $10 on Amazon. If you have a rooted phone they can work with any game.

They're not low, just lower than yours. I care more about playing the game than I do of the quality of it.
>PSP is only good to play SNES and PS1
And GB/GBC/GBA, Genesis, and a plethora of other systems.

This. Currently using my moga hero pocket with my droid turbo. Great battery life. It charges my phone while I play. And is widely supported and small. So really OP any current.t smart phone works well. Just get an ipega or moga controller.

Lol gba? Ok man. Keep using your psp and I'll use my Samsung note with a Bluetooth controller. The psp used to be king but has long since been taken off its thrown by Android phones or handhelds.

I never said the PSP was the ultimate device, I'm just pointing out that you're severely underestimating it.

if your gonna get a 3ds flashcart you should get a sky3ds not a shitway

He is another poster tho

PSP series over 3100 can't be emulated

What are you talking about? Every PSP has CFW

this. smartphones are getting more powerful and there isn't any point in emulating on a psp

Smartphones don't have a built in controller. I'll take a PSP over a glass slate any day.

You can get a controller and even emulate a PSP, faggot.

Not pocketable, faggot. I mean don't get me wrong, I use my phone's keyboard for emulating and use a Bluetooth controller here and there, but it's all inferior to having a device that's actually made for gaming

>not pocketable
Not true.

>inferior to having a device for gaming
Bullshit, it's the same thing, sometimes even better.

Yeah that definitely looks better than just slipping a PSP in my pocket
>Bullshit
Bullshit

You are just plain dumb.

when i got my psp i bought a huge 2GB card for $200
you must have got yours pretty late

>Yeah that definitely looks better than just slipping a PSP in my pocket

Hahaha, what a faggot

>can do n64 easily
thats a load of shit, the n64 is hard as fuck to emulate

How does controller + phone make more sense than a PSP? It's twice the bulk

How the fuck

How a light controller + the phone you already have is more bulk? It's lighter than a PSP and better since you can emulate a ton of consoles, including PSP at full speed.

>How a light controller + the phone you already have is more bulk?
Because you're assuming I'm carrying a phone. Phone + controller is more bulk than just a PSP
>better since you can emulate a ton of consoles
I can emulate a lot of consoles on my PSP
>including PSP at full speed
I don't even play PSP games on my PSP, why would I on my phone?

You must be trolling, enjoy this (you), it's the last you will get.

I'm not trolling at all. Nice to know you're leaving, I'll chalk that up as a win for me.

Who doesn't carry a phone these days? And why would you assume your autistic wierd edge case would matter to op? Are you the guy I see playing idol master at the bus stop outside my apartment every day?

really, what phone are you on? My S3 does mupen flawlessly on every game I've thrown at it and it's from 2012

PSP isn't even powerful enough for N64 emulation.

>Who doesn't carry a phone these days?
Me
>And why would you assume your autistic wierd edge case would matter to op?
Mind pointing out where I did such a thing?
>Are you the guy I see playing idol master at the bus stop outside my apartment every day?
I not only don't know what that is but have also never been to a bus stop.

Any Moto G can emulate N64

Enjoy your frame skipping, slowdowns and shit screen.

Yes it can, at less than half speed with 3x frame skip and no audio for better performance.

Yet I can distinctly remember emulating N64 games on my PSP

>Enjoy your frame skipping, slowdowns and shit screen.
Will do

So do I and at like 6fps.

you will not be able to do it smoothly or even semi-playably.
OOT for example can not run at its full framerate, for perspective that game ran at less than 30fps on the N64 and the PSP still can't emulate it at that "smoothness"

6fps is absolutely unplayable. I wouldn't play an unplayable game.

Yep theres a guide on reddit/r/firephone how to do it with all the links right there. Fully rooted, only has some issues with camera within certain apps like Snapchat but otherwise perfect

I never said every game was perfectly playable, just that I distinctly remember playing games at a high enough framerate to be enjoyed. All I can remember playing for sure is Super Mario 64 and Super Smash Bros. but I know there were I few other titles I regularly played.

Note 4. It plays the shit out of dreamcast games

Kek, this fag is in denial.

Keke sure thing bud

M'game sir

>OOT for example can not run at its full framerate, for perspective that game ran at less than 30fps on the N64
OoT ran at 20/17fps (ntsc/pal) on the N64 (software locked rate)
it was not a smooth game

It was a pretty nice, the low fps didn't affected the gameplay. The point he is trying to make is that the PSP can't even reach the 60 VI/s necessary to get that fps to run the game "smoothly". On the PSP you get something like a slideshow instead.

yea, oot is a pretty heavy n64 game
while it's a pretty big deal for the n64, there are other good games for the console

Oh god, what the fuck happened to my thread

I just use a moga pro hero power with my cellphone. Just beware: Its analog triggers are not HID compatible. You can only use them on Moga-compatible games. But it's already got more controls than that piece of crap:

ANSWER THEM

A bunch of luddites showed up angry that their 2009 era business flop not only has no games but isn't even good when it CAN be hacked to run emulators and must now face /vr/ tier amiga autism in which even the most casual pleb tier phone can outpower them and then pretend that "20 fps is fine"

dude buying this controller was one of the worst purchases I ever made

>its small as fuck, my thumbs overlap the buttons and dpad
>tilt stand does not flush all the way back, so you must have your grip at an angle (impossible to play while laying down)
>moga apps are terrible
>never once used it as an external powerpack
>inconveniently clamps down on the side volume buttons (moto x 2015)

Saadly, there are not alot of good blue tooth controllers

That's not what happened at all you moron

Lumia 550 are good for the GBA emulator

Nvidia Shield K1
Galaxy S5
JXD 7800b

Either is $200~ now and will emulate anything emulateable pretty well. (JXD have a lot of problems and shit battery life though.)

This always seemed great but too expensive just to play emulators. PSP is the best value if you want something that can play thousands of old console and arcade games. Sadly SNES and N64 are pretty bad on it but you get PSP and PSOne games to make up for it.

Dude go away. No one wants a fucking psp but you

Yet multiple people have posted itt about them