/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

Previous -

Other urls found in this thread:

Sup
github.com/gmpl/FSharpPlus/
ideone.com/loAur5
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

D

Please do not use an anime image next time, thank you.

first for rust

Where Do You Think You Are?

Why not?

anime = better programming

Animu images are fine, but literal fag images are not.

It's not a fag it's a trap

FUCK OFF FROM MY THREAD YOU HOMOPHOBE

9th for Go

man, even without GC, Rust is slow...

Where do you think (You) are?

Keep linking all the moot conversations you like, it's not his site anymore.

>600KB hello world

>could your write a batch script so i can download my files?

>being gay is okay
>calling gay people fags is not

If being gay is a-okay, then being called a fag is not more an insult than being called pale.

Deal with it, fag, or accept that the only reason you are insulted is because deep down you feel that what you are doing is wrong.

kys breeder
this overpopulated planet has too many breeding animals

>>>/reddit/

Continuing to read through Intel's developer manuals
Probably not going to remember half the shit I read, but I actually find it kind of interesting

>Can't even get a link to work

Maybe you should return to where you belong, newfag.

It has too many degenerates too.
If you truly believe that the population is too large, maybe you should help everyone out by doing the world a favour and killing one of its evolutionarily defunct members.

That means (You).

Looks like we've got another newfag with us tonight

On the contrary, the ratio of non-normies in society is staggeringly low. Too little variation leads to extinction.

Overpopulation is a more pressing concern though, breeders gonna breed... fucking biorobot-replicators

When your only argument left is to call someone a newfag, maybe it's time to stop posting.

>Too little variation
>Implying variation in non-breeding humans makes a single shred of difference
>Keeps complaining about current overpopulation but hasn't killed themselves yet

My mistake, your level of pseudoscience would be better located in

wow, how terrible man, people will be left without disk space for installing Go programs!

>come to anime imageboard
>complain about anime
>demand the rules change to enforce your hatred of anime

Fuck off you fucking muslim

>>come to anime imageboard
Stopped reading

>>Implying variation in non-breeding humans makes a single shred of difference
Of course it does, cultures live and die much faster than species evolve. On evolutionary timescale our 2-5k years of civilized existence are nothing.

Also _rational_ reproduction is possible. But breeders can't control their breeding impulses...

It's called Sup Forums you fucking denialist faggot
You're automatically a weeb for coming here, deny it all you want

>stopped reading after the first line
No wonder you thought this was reddit

>Pretending to be a white knight defending anime to justify trap shitposting

The mods have been pretty clear on this matter, don't think you're gonna change their attitude m8.

>But breeders can't control their breeding impulses
If that were anywhere near true, the average birth rate per woman would be closer to 20 than 2.

Seriously, where did you come from, or ?

Sup Forums.org/rules
Anons are expected to read the rules before posting

Which rules specifically lad?

Worldwide super-replacement birthrate is very much the case.
Where do you think pajeets and mohmeds come from

I don't know, could you point out the ones that say "no anime in Sup Forums" "Sup Forums is not an anime website" "Sup Forums culture will change to adapt to your needs"?

I dunno lad, wheres the rule that specifies the exceptions to posting off-topic material outside out of its respective boards?

I'm going to stop enabling your delusions and not reply to you any more, you'll even get the last say, just please kill yourself.

an improved f#
github.com/gmpl/FSharpPlus/

>off topic
OP is a programmer and is too

anime is for fags, anyway. anime posters will get what's coming to them in the afterlife. Let them relish in their stupidity while they're alive.

Still not good enough faggot
HKT now

t. lover of black womyn

>Implying that race-mixers aren't the scummiest of scum
>Trying to talk down on any other group

>A bait picture of a "programmer" with no relevant comment is somehow "on topic" in a programming thread

I don't even need to say anything, you're good enough to put the nails in your own coffin.

++*current->value;

Why does this not work in C and how do I get it to work? It works in C++.

>off-topic material
You could extend that to ANY reaction image.
I don't get why fags like you complain about anime. Nobody is discussing anime.
You're complaining about reaction images, which is fucking retarded.

Why not use a Powershell Script instead?

i'll see you niggers in hell.

Did you try parentheses

It's hilarious that bigots even have internet access yet alone access to a technology board. Fuck off back to Sup Forums and stop shitting up threads.

What type is current?

I'm tired of all these anti-anime posters who've fucking migrated here and have slowly replaced enough of the population that their views are becoming semi-popular. Hiroyuki should clear this up once and for all by making an anti-anime board, /-a/, which is the only board in which anime is not allowed. It'll be like a refugee camp for cunts like you who want to implement shun-anime law on our site. Go back to your own fucking forum, we're full you cunt.

Pic unrelated.

>*current->
Oh shit nigga what are you doing?

>Tfw weebshits are so degenerate they make racemixers look normal in comparison
On that note, how can you even complain about racemixing when 90% of you are pasty white amerilards in love with 2D Japanese toddlers?

It's not just the anime though is it, faggot.

For clarification, I wasn't even the one who made the original comment () but you all just assumed so I thought I'd run with it.

is a regular post in /dpt/ threads, because programming trap and anime OPs are very common in /dpt/ and always will be.
Fuck off.

>Defends shitting up with material he likes
>Complains about the people who are just complaining about shitposting

Hilarious doesn't even come close.

>programming trap [...] are very common in /dpt/ and always will be
It's literally just a stupid forced meme. It's only been prevalent for the last few months.
Kill yourself, you degenerate.

>[anime & trap /dpt/ posts] [have] only been prevalent for the last few months.
I take it you've only been here for the last few months

Please explain how a fictional character from a TV show who likes programming is relevant to the discussion of actual programming?

We'll wait, although the mods might not.

Can't wait for you faggots to quit crying about inane shit

>anime
I never said anything about anime. That's why I took it out of my meme arrows.
It was only the himegoto fag for the last several months, and the bailey jay degenerate a couple of months before that.
You fags seriously cannot get any more delusional.

>It's only been prevalent for the last few months.
Summarfag spotted. You're clearly new to Sup Forums.

Then what's your problem with images that happen to be traps? Women can't fucking program even in anime

Some traditionalist alt-right Republican faggot got triggered because there's a "degenerate" trap here and because Sup Forums likes anime. He discovered Sup Forums two months ago and doesn't know these things are common.

Now he keeps samefagging his salt and won't shut the fuck up.

>Only republicans are allowed to dislike degeneracy

OH BOY

>m-muh values
>stop it u degeneroots
Stick your bible up your ass.

>Complains about "bigots" shitting up threads with homophobic and anti-anime sentiments
>Is openly misogynistic

Stay classy /dpt/

>Then what's your problem with images that happen to be traps
It leads to stupid shitposting.

My sense of time on Sup Forums is pretty vague, but this fag shit in /dpt/ OPs hasn't been happening for long.

This whole fag mess really picked up when Chinese moot changed the bump limit to 310 for some reason. Then all of you newfags seemed to think it was appropriate to post new threads before the bump limit.
Pre-posting leads to stupid forced memes like this.

The bible doesn't say anything about anime and traps

Never said anything about homophobia or bigotry

It's clear that the antif/a/ (anti anime) fags are the problem

It does work in C.

>The problem is what I say it is!

That's not how it works though.

How many times are the new jannies going to have to wreck your shit before you stop posting trap bait?

First off, thank you for using an anime image. Ignore normies like who wouldn't have been caught dead on Sup Forums in 2007 when Sup Forums was techloli/g/y and Sup Forums and /x/ had actual disturbing content.

>What are you working on, Sup Forums?
Figuring out how to write a script in Bash & Python that will get the 5 most recent anime episodes from my Videos folder, insert them into my main playlist file w/ (hopefully) the correct syntax & all, and then execute the playlist for me w/ mpv.

Not much else that I can think to automate. Regardless, automation & scripting is important skill if I want to be a sysadmin.

>thank you for using an anime image
You're welcome user

I need to discipline myself to learn C, gaymes keep getting in the way!

Just to actually be clear (and spoonfeed you) the -> operator is performing an additional dereference.

Therefore that line is equivalent to:

++(**current).value;

What parts of C do you need help with?

don't forget
panties

No it's not. It's equivalent to
++(*((*current).value));
with extra brackets added for clarity.

Nevermind, it's ++*((*current).value);

>pic related
Has programming gone too far?

false flag

Yeah I tried to leave out redundant brackets before I realised it wouldn't function the same.

>Therefore that line is equivalent to:
>++(**current).value;
No.
-> has higher precedence than *

It's equivalent to:

++(*((*current).value));

I.e it increments the pointed-to data of value.

C was a mistake

but why

It's already been corrected, twice.

If you guys are so sharp on your C syntax why did you wait for me to bait... I mean post an accidentally incorrect solution?

You wouldn't be some kind of unhelpful cunts who only post to correct others and feel smug would you?

>Some idiot chooses an example with godawful structuring and can't work out why it's failing
>Somehow Cs fault

Seems legit.

C should make illegal any expression involving more than 2 operators without parentheses

If you don't know the language's operator precedence rules you should not be allowed to program.

>You wouldn't be some kind of unhelpful cunts who only post to correct others and feel smug would you?
I tried to help the original asker, but to make sure I was totally correct, I asked for the type of 'current' (value might be a pointer).
He didn't respond though.

Or you know, just include in the coding style that people should always use brackets to make things as clear as possible. Oh wait...

From the fucking original K&R it suggests leaving a space before and after all mathematical operators too, and yet you still see faggots leaving them out because they want to save columns.

People will always do stupid shit, not making the C syntax as strict as fucking possible was not the worst by a long shot.

Reminder that REAL whitespace based languages are the only solution

5*3 * 4+6 /2
= ((5*3)*(4+6))/2

If they don't know why a relatively simple dereference chain doesn't work, what makes you think they'll be sure what the type is?

At what point do tables start becoming a problem due to number of rows? I'm using Postgres.

I'm working with a table right now that stores surface observations for weather:

Columns:
id(int/pk)
valid (datetime)
air_temp(float)
dew_point_temp(float)
sea_level_pressure (float)
wind_dir (int)
wind_speed (float)
sky_condition(string)
precip_duration (int)
precip_total (int)

I'm currently ingesting historical records for US/CA for 2001, maybe 1/5 through it and sitting at 2,100,000 rows. I was hoping to get 1980->Now but i'm not quite sure how it would handle that.

No it doesn't. I had to dereference it to get it to work.
In C++ it works fine though.

That's disgusting.

Either post your declaration of current or stop baiting.

4+3
2*7
= (4+3)/(2*7)

Postfix is the master race:

5 3 * 4 6 + * 2 /

Zero ambiguity, 100% consistent, easy to parse and evaluate by machines.

>No it doesn't
Yes it does.

And what happens if you triple stack them, how does it work out the precedence then?

Checkmate athiests

No it doesn't. Which is why the compiler gave errors until I changed it.

It evaluates to a vector

A vector with various operators between its values?

Seems legit.

ideone.com/loAur5

Use C to make games. Playing your own games will make debugging fun. It will also make playing games suck.