What is the difference between an i7 and the latest Xeon models

What is the difference between an i7 and the latest Xeon models

Is an Xeon more powerful?

Depends on the Xeon.
Xeon can even be an i7 on the cheap.

IntelĀ® vPro Technology
Enhanced Intel SpeedStepĀ® Technology
Trusted Execution Technology

locked multipliers, but on a bunch of Xeon motherboards you can link CPU clusters

theoretically with a GPU it would be more powerful than your average gaymer desktop but it would be a waste of power and time if you are economic and you are running it from home.

I did that. Mine is essentially a high i5 with multi-threading.

Are cute guys impressed that I have a Xeon?

yes

OH fuck yeah

If you are a gay guy, yes. If you are a woman, they'll start a right wing hate group to keep women out of tech.

Xeon is more appropriate for servers and workstations.

It's more expensive on a $ per performance cost basis due to ECC and doesn't have its own vga like core etc.

you don't have to use ECC m8

According to Pissmark, Xeons are often slightly cheaper for the same performance, if not overclocking. But many of them don't have integrated video and then your GPU fails. xD

Get the fuck out of here tumblr

>tfw my amd 860k doesn't attract cute guys

Have you even visited the site? It's just another imageboard site. But with tags instead of rigidly defined boards, no comments, and much more lax moderation.

Kill yourself you fucking cis white male.

Fuck off back to hell...or Tumblr...whichever comes first you bitchy harpy.

lol y so thin skinned lern2 tk joek lol ;p

I want summer to be over 2bh famboi

Yeah...call them a person of completely average description...that'll hurt.

Fuckin snowflakes I swear...

The average human bean is a Chinese man. Are you NORMAL or are you white?

is this "summerfag" hysteria still a thing after all these years? it was funny in like 2009 but jesus christ

>only 11% of the world is white
>only half of that is male
Gee, a white male literally erasing the existence of people of color, who would have guessed?

Fuck that. Never take any possible sjw scum less than 100 percent seriously and always make sure they know them and they're God awful religion are not welcome.

Anything less and the fuckers think it's an invitation

hello thar reddit ;)

Fresh off the gender studies indoctrination I see.

Nah, but I took Sociology 101 like five years ago because my STEM degree needed a credit. Got a B+ without touching the book because growing up marginalized makes it all obvious.

Not sure if you're a white Knight or fat chic

Nah, I'm just hunting for (you)'s. I don't know how anyone took me seriously.

It's because they're looking to be offended and will take anything they can get. :^)

Xeon user here, rate my score

If Intel was so Jewish, they'd actually provide more than incremental improvements for their processors so that people actually have a reason to upgrade. And socket changes need to be in moderation. I chose Intel for my recent build because AMD doesn't have any motherboards that support DDR4 yet and I'm not going to wait several months for them to put out something that does support it.

3.5 / 10

>Chinese
>human

ECC support

lollol xD I'm going to hell for laughing at this haha

Wait so the Haswell Xeons are the last ones you can drop into a normal chipset? There weren't any broad well Xeons? Skylake Xeons require their own special motherboards?

Xeons are usually lower binned than i7s, so they are locked for that reason. They also lack an iGPU.

The chip botnet is better integrated