What is a mature, stable, non-Firefox browser alternative to Chrome/Chromium? Is there such a thing...

What is a mature, stable, non-Firefox browser alternative to Chrome/Chromium? Is there such a thing? I've tried many browsers, and they're mostly either Firefox derivatives, or buggy or incomplete.

No, there's no such thing.

Apart from firefox forks, you will only find browsers built on WebKit.

Edge

:(

:^)

>using the smiley with a carat nose

Chrome/ium is built on blink, not webkit. Webkit browsers are safari or midori

The only good browsers are Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Maybe Opera, because they are making it suck less now.

Everything else is not worth using. And even if they somehow were, they don't have any extensions.

Opera is pretty smooth for me so far. Installed the new version this month on my fresh install win10. Might not be the best judge though since I don't really expect a ton out of a browser though, just casual YouTube/4chins/browsing. Built in ad blocker works just as well as any adblock plugin/extension I've used on chrome/Firefox.

Vivaldi has had some improvements

You forgot to say "not Internet explorer", they're going to come into the thread and wreck up your shit now.

Actually though, try an alt build of Chrome. If you're on Linux, Inox is pretty cool.

The worst is that I'm a student right now and some of our software required for classes is really only stable on chrome.

Isn't Blink a fork of WebKit? :^)

Opera.

Firefox.

There are not any good browsers anymore, sadly. FF is the best you're going to find.

They're both chromium based you cucks
>Non-FireFox
Can you read?

What do you like about Opera anyway?

FWIW, I'm using it right now and have for the past couple days. I don't see much of a reason to use it over Chrome though, unless Battery Saver mode makes a significant difference.

I also used to use Opera 9 back in the day, and a bit of Opera 10, and liked it. But these days I get nothing out of insane browser customization and endless tweaking. Chrome and Firefox are good enough for me.

Isn't firefox fork of netscape?

Do any of you Opera users know how to customize the toolbar? Like, to remove the Sync button and the Speed Dial button. I just like back, forward, refresh, address bar. Low key, nigga.

Safari

Seamonkey?

>Can you read?
I chose to ignore that part. FF is the best you're going to get. I won't recommend an inferior browser.

I can't find a way to do it either, so I don't think there is. And if you can, then it being cryptic to do is bad usability.

Same here. I usually use Safari on my MacBook Pro (easy on the battery and I like the Reading List feature), but have been using Opera the past couple days.

Thinking I'll drop Opera and go back to Safari soon.

> this is what it looks like to be in a bubble

Firefox, stop being a retard.

Nigga, I've fucked around with way too many browsers in my life. I'm tired of messing around and I just to use the ones that are sane.

And besides, they're all fundamentally the same now. They're all either Chrome/WebKit or Firefox/XULrunner based anyway. Every "alternative" browser out there is just a shitty reskin that integrates features formerly provided by extensions directly into the browser.

Name some alternatives that are worth using, and why.

Vivaldi :^)

how is Vivaldi for real?

My favorite browser so far. Its stable, fast and pretty much offers everything in customization I need.
If some options won't show up in the settings menu try vivaldi://chrome/settings/search#a

Vivaldi is far from stable, IMO. Parts of the UI, especially with obscure shit in the Options menus, sometimes don't work.

The UI is also slow because it's based on NodeJS.

Opera

>Do any of you Opera users know how to customize the toolbar?

This made me cry
ALL DEM MEMORIES WITH PRESTO

GONE!

OPERA:
>1. Absolute freedom with the interface, you can move/remove/add any toolbar, any panel, any button, any icon anywhere. Shitload of custom buttons
>2. Integrated mail client. High quality, full support
>3. Opera link - integrated synchronization/back up service. Never ever lose your notes, speeddial, bookmarks, ad block, passwords. And you can access them from anywhere, from any browser through html interface
>4. Great looking with glass-transparent skin when you have aero OS. No other browser can have truly transparent speed dial or have support for speed dial extensions
>5. Fast, always has been, always will be
>6. Loads of integrated features that you don't have to manually install as addons, mouse gestures, speed dial, using user javascripts(native grease monkey), cookie managing and blocking, plugins on demand...
>7. Biggest number of options/preferences from all browsers. If you are not a retard you can set almost anything in opera. It looks simple at first glance but its deep. It has natively more options than all other major browsers combined.
>8. Opera turbo. No other browser will give the speed that opera can give when you are with your netbook/notebook on some slow hotspot wifi
>9. Not a resource hog. Uses less resources than other browsers which is quite incredible really when you compare what other browsers have to offer.
10. Market share. What you get with opera is the community big enough to have loads of user java scripts and extensions, new version with new features every 6 months. But opera has small enough market share that when malware shitstorm is raining, opera is dry, clean and smiling. Who the fuck would bother making that shit work on so small market share.

test

SeaMonkey

>tfw never left the masterrace

You can get almost all of that with Seamonkey

What's wrong with Chromium? Botnet? It's open source.

Just use fucking Chrome.

Nice logic OP. Let's universalize it and apply it somewhere else.

>be citizen in shithole, information-controlled North Korea
>say "North Korea sucks ass. do any other countries exist? surely this can't be the only way of living."
>everyone replies "just fucking stay in North Korea"

Shills seem to be getting lazier and lazier

This is dumber than all the fucking sandwich analogies I see on this board.

How? It's the exact same logic.

>are there any alternatives to the main browsers everyone else uses?
>just fucking use the one everyone uses.

Please explain why Chrome is bad without saying

>muh botnet

Because you are literally posting on a website that uses Google Analytics right fucking now.

does the built in ad blocker still show bullshit google ppc ads?

>Please explain why Chrome is bad without saying
>>muh botnet
Datamining.
>Because you are literally posting on a website that uses Google Analytics right fucking now.
I'm well aware. What I'm also aware of is that my JavaScript blocking extension literally doesn't allow the Google Analytics script to load.