>keypuller.com

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

GEEKHACK/index.php?topic=71517.0
massdrop.com/buy/varmilo-vb87m-bluetooth
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well goly, that's mine.

T-thank you

I really like the surface pattern and the way the keyboard is parralel to it while the kindle is at 30 degrees making the cord look like a sine wave filling the empty space between them.

looks neat

Heh, glad to see efforts didn't go unnoticed.

Have a less-pretty, older image as a small thank you.

Which laptop is that, what were you drinking and what's in the pipe?

what's the keyboard? HHKB?

eee pc*
sake
nothing, but was later filled with some cheap but tasty tab ack oh
pok3r

It looks good, thanks for replying!

where did u get hose keycaps my dude

adorable

What's the knife?

not mine, but im planning to do something similar, either use a gateron blank set or a thick pbt cherry set (lasered unfortunately).

Got it off Ebay for about 40 bucks.

It says "光 Hikari Japan" on one side of the blade and it's made from D2 steel.

I'd link you to the thing, but I can't seem to find it in my purchase history.

staining atm

>useless tiny keyboards
>special snowflake colored key caps
>look at me

Mad cos you can't afford it?

That must be it!

>"Mad cos you can't afford a keyboard with less functionality?"

Fuck it. Why not just slap an Apple sticker on them at this point?

You need a number pad? Use the row of numbers you fucking retard.

>"But, this house doesn't have a toilet."
>"Well, just shit in the shower you fucking retard and stomp it down the drain."

Literally the worst analogy I have ever heard in my life. The row of numbers does literally the exact same thing as the numberpad.

It's just much less efficient.

I don't think so, the number row is much closer to the home row than the numberpad is.

No, its a perfect analogy. These both prove my point. They both do the same thing, but it's less efficient.

It really isn't... Stomping shit down a drain is messy and unheard of. Using the number row is perfectly acceptable, just as easy to do, and is actually much less effort to get to than going all the way over to the right of the keyboard to use the numberpad.
Getting rid of the arrow keys is ridiculous, I can understand that, but removing just the numberpad is acceptable in my opinion - especially when you take in to consideraton the size of the normal model m.

Ok, so 10 digits spread out horizontally forcing you to use both hands or peck across the entire row OR use one hand with ~3 fingers with the numpad.

How fucking small are your hands? I can use the top number row with 1 hand perfectly fine without moving my hand all over the place.

I'd rather do that then have to move my hands away from the actual keys just to use the numberpad.

you came to the wrong neighborhood, kid

Months ago I recovered an IBM Model M from the dumpster.

It was literally covered in water. I literally pulled out of water.

I washed it, and cleaned every keycap with hand soap.

I tried it and, it did not work.

The I left it a few months ¨to dry¨.

Some days ago I remembered about it and tried it again... And now it works.\

It is awesome.

It has the US layout, I am now considering learning the dvorak layout (i can easily switch caps :P)

>muh efficiency
The funny thing is you probably don't do anything were you need any efficiency

playing video games doesn't count.

at least I'm not a tripfag

True, you're just a fag.

jealousy is terminal. it's not worth it.

I've been away from Sup Forums for a few months.
Are desktop threads banned now? What happened?

I've had this keyboard for about a month now. White caps, silver plate, black otemu switch. Much more similar to a cherry red than black.

The switches have changed feel a bit over a month of 10+ hours use a day. They bottom out really hard but it might just be the way I type. I think they'll benefit from some o-rings but I've never owned any before.

The keycaps are also slowly becoming more shiny and I actually like this, they feel really nice under my fingers. That said - I'll be replacing them with taihao blue/white doubleshot pbt in a few weeks.

The aluminum plate attracts dirt like crazy. I don't work in labor and when I eat at my desk I move my keyboard pretty far away - yet it already needs to be cleaned. Especially around the "magicforce" branding.

Overall I love this thing and have been using it over my Noppo Choc Mini which was a $90+ board. At $35 this is fucking incredible. Cherry's patents expiring and the chinks realizing the margins on all these niche technologies is incredible for me.

If you're not sure if a mech keyboard is for you, pick one of these up. They're the same price as a decent membrane board. Bunch of different switch options, come in white/black/white backlit/black backlit.

what does the HH key in the bottom row map to
also i'm guessing the diamond/command key is super, where is alt (meta?)

i replaced some keys
the HH key is my windows key
the diamonds are my alt keys

this might be a dumb question, but is it hard to hit the HH/fn on the bottom row, or is it something you get used to?
and i know there are DIP switches on the back, but does the keyboard come with software to re-map keys, or do you use something like AHK?

i bought a programmable controller from a japanese guy on geekhack to remap the keys
also make the volume controls work on windows and add media keys

GEEKHACK/index.php?topic=71517.0

opposite of why not just regedit them in?

If I buy a separate number pad can I customize what the keys do, or will I need some kind of custom one? I'd like to launch some applications, have a few short cuts, and media keys on it. I intend to purchase some custom caps that indicate the binds on them.

I only type on shitty island keys but I always enjoy looking at you guys' pics.

have you fixed your cables yet?

last

i'll stop shitposting now

looks good
that meme cable coil tho :^)

Apparently. Now all the desktop fags fucked off to /w/ and shit up that place, evident by the amount of newfags in /w/'s phone thread.

why
this is such a cleaner solution and works with anything else i plug it into

Not my pic just one I saved a while ago. I love the font.

just seems lame that I gotta buy another controller for no reason.

yeah
i guess
it's $48, not outrageous
anyway, i'm autistic and bought a whole other keyset just for 3 keys

i'm thinking about buying a 55g realforce and transplanting the domes next

>Rosewill RK9000 just died on me after 3 years
>got a few more weeks of life out of it by re-soldering the USB but now it seems fucked for good
>Look up the newer model
>People still complaining about the USB failing

What's the next closest thing to this I can get from somebody who knows how to solder a goddamn USB port on?

i really like this. so jelly

holy shit this keyboard got ruined really quick

post useful macros onegai, I'm getting a new g710 tomorrow and I want to populate dem G keys asap!

what is that manga reader?

Just keep posting this in every keyboard thread. I'm sure it'll make a difference :^)

looks like a kindle

>:^)
kys

Fucking sushi knife

KIndle paperwhite 1 or 2

I get my manga from bakabt and use KCC to convert them for the kindle. Works great.

thanks ;)

Much oblidged, I do like D2, a little hard to sharpen but nice and tough. I am a sucker for that blade shape.

Certainly not a sushi knife. It cuts fine, but the blade gets a bit thicker towards the top and isn't really suited for cutting shit that you want to have a nice uniform cut on.

Yeah, I don't even care for knives that much, but I couldn't turn down that sexy blade.

Does anyone here have any experience with Gatreron Whites? I just got mine in yesterday and I'm finally taking them for a test drive. I don't know if they're just smoother than the Cherry MX Reds I'm used to or what (I've read a lot of reports of newer MX switches being grainy). Maybe I should have just gone with the Gateron Reds before going for lighter switches, it feels very weird to type on...

you mean clears?
they're a lot lighter than reds

not really into gaymer shit but I couldn't pass this up for $15

How fast does WASD restock? I've got a keyset coming in with no keyboard to put it on.

best keycap set for a white pok3r?

Interested in the answer to this.

Get a filco.

name?

newbie here, do I need a diffrent set of keycaps if I have a keyboard with the german layout?

no

What switches are on this keyblard ? I heard that razer always put the blue or red ones

meme

It's their own ones, they're like blues, but with a bit of a bump, not good, absolutely awful for typing, and not even good for gaming, which is it's main market

Can anyone recommend a good number pad? Preferably a white one with clears

Yes.
You need an ISO Enter and a smaller Shift think. The rest is the same.

I would recommend the DIY from .

Can MKG tell me what's wrong with the CM Storm Quickfire? It uses cherry switches (available in red, blues, browns, and whites iirc), has replaceable key caps, and is relatively compact.

Picture not mine, as I use my Quickfire with my iMac :-)

oops forgot to attach.

adderall

nice grammar retard,

nice autism, fagmo

No bully pls.

massdrop.com/buy/varmilo-vb87m-bluetooth
Anybody own this?

Rubber coating wears easy and stock keycaps aren't good. It's a good keyboard though.

got these a few days ago; pretty comfy

Fuck off, assface.

*BULLIES YOU INTENSELY*

Which is the most silent mechanical keyboard, cherry reds? What about the most silent keyboard in general?

I want to type like a silent fucking ninja.

Vortex Poker 3, Cherry Clears, backlit

Amazon only seems to have ISO in Nordic

Where can I get suitable UK caps with a nicer font?

what's the closest I can get to the buckling spring feel in a tkl keyboard without springing for a model m ssk?