Do phone cases actually protect your phone? I have a simple rubber one for my Moto G3...

Do phone cases actually protect your phone? I have a simple rubber one for my Moto G3, and recently I've started not using it because it interferes with the headphone jack.

A good one will stop the screen shattering from a bad corner drop. A cheap silicon or thin hard case won't do much.

>does ceramic plating and kevlar actually protect you from bullets or is it just a meme?

they protect your phone from scratches.
you'll need a screen protector as well.
i use neither because born to be wild.

they protect the pone screen from shattering you retard.

no, your phone will shatter if you don't have a screen protector. a case protect your phone from scrathes that would happen on your phone's sides and back. ;^)

If you have a good quality android phone you don't need one.

I have dropped my One M9 over 29 times onto concrete and the screen is flawless.

Is this a trick question or are you just mentally impared?

I wouldn't use a phone case even if I got it for free. Though the ear thing is tempting.

Just buy a phone cheap enough that you don't really care. I recommend Moto E 2nd gen.

I have T-Mobile jump on demand so am leasing my lg g5 u til note 6 comes out.

I have an oblique hybrid case and some kind of tempered .20mm glass screen protector that feels basically like the actual glass.

Feels pretty protected.

only fags use cases

and gorillas who drop their phones

>Standing on sidewalk with GS4
>It's hot
>Bee flies in front of my phone
>ohfuck.png
>Drop phone face down
>Pick it up like nothing happened
Don't use a shit case. Thin-ass plastic impulse buy cases are the real meme.

>don't have a case
>Bee flies in front of my phone
>don't give a shit because I'm not a child
>carry on shitposting on taxpayer funded sidewalk

>my reflexes no longer function

Fat cases protect from small drops and scratches

Thin cases protect against scratches.

I am an adult so I use thin cases so I can put the phone down anywhere without fear of scratching it. I never drop my phone.

Yes, I've never broken a phone with a case on it, dropping it onto concrete multiple times during their lifetimes. Dropped on corners, face first, back first, doesn't matter.

having control =! nonexistent

Not him, but I have a bee allergy. Can you really say that you're "not a child" by pointlessly risking death?
That being said, I wouldn't drop my phone, I'd just move it out of the way with the rest of my body.

Well then why the fuck am I using my case.

Also, this phone is such a pretty house fire.

Thin silicone / rubber case and rigid screen protector (glass / PET/ other) provide the best protection / hassle ratio, in my opinion.

My previous phone's screen cracked as a result of an impact which /did not/ impact the screen directly. Instead, an impact on the corner broke the screen. This is the kind of impact I hope my case will protect against.

My friend's phone was dropped face down onto a metal corner, and the rigid screen portrait protector broke without damaging the underlying glass screen of the phone. This is the type of impact I hope my rigid screen protector protects from.

I don't have any statistics or formal testing to back this up, by the way.

But to add to that, I always use a screen protector so that I can avoid permanent scratches on the screen. Regardless of what kind you get, I'd get one.

I got a new phone a month ago, and got a tempered glass screen protector to go with it.. a few days later I dropped it on tile flooring. I never dropped my old one, but i guess I wasn't used to this slippery giant yet

Anyways screen protector was shattered, but the actual screen was un damaged. I highly recommend getting a few, they're only a couple bucks each, and they're thin enough to be unnoticeable.

With a rubber case my phone just bounces off the floor and can't land directly on the screen. It's also my favorite color, purple.