Why aren't you giving your eyes a break tonight?

Why aren't you giving your eyes a break tonight?

>F.lux (crossplatform)
justgetflux.com/

>Redshift (for Linux)
jonls.dk/redshift/

>Twilight (for Android)
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.urbandroid.lux

Other urls found in this thread:

aur.archlinux.org/packages/xflux/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Android 6.0 has this built in

A lot of Android phones aren't being upgraded to 6.0.

>implying I'm not running redshift right now on my gentoo x220
> implying I don't have f.lux running on my jailbroken iphone
> implying I don't have smart lights set to "orange" light at night
my melatonin game is strong nigger

What is it called?

I used to use f.lux until I remember how much I miss colors.

This. It's good until it isn't.

lies

>>Twilight (for Android)
twilight is a shit. it just adds red, doesn't reduce the blue.

nightshift on ios is goat

Can you recommend me a good smart light, user?

why not use xflux for linux?

aur.archlinux.org/packages/xflux/

works just fine.

>Twilight
Use Cf.lumen instead

>tfw the logo looks like nipple slightly hidden from a bra.

Liar

CM has

Because redshift>>>>>>>>>>>the rest

It looks like a golden ball rolling down a hill.

iOS 9.3 has it built in.

Why not just use f.lux on android?

You gotta be a massive virgin to think that

Heh, thanks nerd.

Does this actually help or is it just a massive meme ?

It really helps. I've used it for years, started using it in college.

At some point you don't even notice it anymore. Best way to show it working is to use it for a week, never turning it off during on hours, and then one day disabling it. when your monitor brightens, you'll feel like you're being blinded and you'll understand exactly the strain you were putting on your eyes

It's fucking mandatory mate

JUST FUCK MY COLORS UP FAMILIAR

Well, then don't use it for color-sensitive work. I'm a writer, I don't really care what color a blank page is.

Color doesn't matter when it comes to shitposting either, so i'm not sure where your problem lies

Tried this for a while, but all it did was fucking up my display's colours in the evenings (which is horrible when you do any kind of graphical stuff. Sure, you can turn it off, but more often you'd just forget that it's on in the first place). Haven't noticed any magic improvements of my sleep rhythm or whatever it is they are advertising either, so in the trash it went.

When you turn it off, it's like staring straight into the big bang.

Its supposed to be placebo when it comes to sleep time and shit, but it actually feels easier on the eyes

It does help actually, but I still have to lower the monitor brightness to the lowest, also with a laptop's monitor you have to be looking at it from a certain angle to notice the difference
I guess it's only useful when using a computer late at night

Maybe because it's not magic. That doesn't mean there's no improvement.

If there is an improvement, it's tiny and to me absolutely not worth throwing away colour accuracy for the whole evening.

If you need to do color sensitive work, you just disable it temporarily. Your sleep health is more important than you think.

Because I use my computer for art and I cant :((((

yes, CM12 has it = 5.1

This.

Biologist here, it helps but not as much as people are acting like. All it does is help you produce more serotonin, which admittedly can help you sleep, but most people aren't serotonin deficient so it wouldn't help much for them.

I can't tell if its a meme or not, I use it, it does nothing for my sleep, but if i turn it off at 1am to do colour sensitive work it is like staring into the sun.

I can't say that means it reduces eye strain though, it could simply be my eyes getting used to the less bright light then switching to bright light hurts your eyes.
But hey, it doesn't hurt to have it on while I'm not doing colour sensitive stuff so may as well use it.

Orange light software is probably the best invention of the last ten years in computing. I wouldn't ever use an LCD screen device that doesn't have it.

I'm using it right now and personally it doesn't do much for my sleeping, but it does make using my computer easier at night. Thankfully the right ASMR videos can put me to sleep very quickly.

Start your entire degree again

This

Flux and twilight make my phone lag

This, didn't improve my sleep at all, but made post-sunset usage a lot easier on the eyes

>Told a work colleague about flux
>Replied it's probably a meme, but will try it anyway
>4 days later he changed his mind, said it really turned his night gaming sessions more comfy

Shame it still deactivates itself on some fullscreen software

Reminder that f.lux alone is often not enough, and it is highly recommended to strap some soft LEDs to the back of your monitor to really ease your eye strain.

I don't think most people use it to fall asleep more easily, but just to reduce eye strain which it definitely helps. People such as myself with really sensitive eyes benefit tremendously. I can't even look at my phone for long periods of time on the lowest brightness setting because it starts to strain my eyes.

I tried it, hated it.

Mcfucking just use redmoon on android

Can confirm. It's like directly looking at the sun after getting out of a dark room.

>All it does is help you produce more serotonin
Sounds like my majorly depressed arse needs to get in on this then!

Because I'd rather not mess up my AMOLED display.

Not 6.0. Whatever Android N will be called has this built in.

Just turn on your fucking lights

Looks like ass

i think you completely missed the point dipshit