Looking for info on gpu cards. Anyone care to advise?

Looking for info on gpu cards. Anyone care to advise?

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139027
amazon.com/dp/B00H33SFJU/?tag=xov-20
youtube.com/watch?v=nfkXhe7b8uA
ebay.com/itm/172232414121
techpowerup.com/gpudb/816/geforce-gt-630
techpowerup.com/gpudb/818/geforce-gt-630-oem
techpowerup.com/gpudb/2376/geforce-gt-630-rev-2
techpowerup.com/gpudb/813/geforce-gt-640
techpowerup.com/gpudb/2377/geforce-gt-640-rev-2
techpowerup.com/gpudb/812/geforce-gt-640-oem
techpowerup.com/gpudb/814/geforce-gt-640-oem-rebrand
ebay.com/itm/301978446807
microcenter.com/product/453452/
anandtech.com/bench/product/664?vs=612
bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2008/09/25/bfg-tech-geforce-gtx-260-ocx-maxcore/1
ebay.com/itm/MSI-HD7870-/182165255156?hash=item2a69e533f4:g:OqYAAOSwqBJXWSdz
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

POO

IN

So where go from this? Also note that this one takes 2 six pin power plugs. I want a powerful card but possibly without having to pin power it.

And to add to this. I'll need to currently change my power supply in order to use this card. Current power supply is stock and poo.

You're looking to use a GTX 260?
I hope you got it for free.

I did. Gonna use it until I can move up a tad. I mean it has capabilities to play some games. If what I have now can play I know this will for the time being.

can it run crysis 3 though?

Probably on low settings. Luckilly for me I don't play crisis much lol.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139027

If you need a PSU, this will get you by.

It's actually not far off from what I was looking at. Double 6 pin power for the gpu? That's the main thing I need. Never changed a gpu before.

This is what I was looking at earlier in the week. amazon.com/dp/B00H33SFJU/?tag=xov-20

Yes, it has two six pins.
If you're not gonna send in for the rebate (and most people don't ever get around to it), go with that one instead.

I hadn't planned on sending in. Go with which one yours?

I aperciate the help. I've been scratching Mt head for a week now trying to figure this out.

>Go with which one yours?
No, the EVGA.

>7870s for $40 each
Uh, and this if you can swing the $80. I think this is GTX 980 guy who just posted his 7870's in the other thread, so it's probably legit.

I'd say don't bother with the Crossfire, though. Get the 500W planning on using one and sell the other.

Yeah i deleted my post cause i dont want him fucking with crossfire, shits a mess.

Dang. His post got deleted. I was going to tell him to email me.

Thanks for the help on psu. I'll order that. Then use the 280 for a while till I can scrape together some coin for something better in gpu

Nvm that bro, crossfire is an absolute mess. Shitty support, choppy frames. Single cards are way better, even if they are low end

It's all good.

Good to know however. I've always been a software person on computers. So changing shit out inside of one is all new to me here.

Current card is a evega gt 630

So I'm sure the gtx 260 will be a upgrade just a little bit atleast.

He could sell the other and recoup half the cost of the PSU, though.
Was actually gonna suggest he look for 7870's. I picked up two myself. (two machines)
If you don't want to sell, I do have a GTX 580 sitting here that I'd be fine putting out for $40 as well, though I'm not entirely sure I'd want to go through the trouble of mailing it anywhere.

I'm in the states if that helps lol.

Happen to be in CT?

Sadly no. I'm in La

What region? I'll take a quick look through your craigslist and see if there's anything good.

Louisiana

baton rouge
central louisiana
houma
lafayette
lake charles
monroe
new orleans
shreveport

It's late night Sup Forums. Go away, we're talking.

Do it on

Nigger

It's about 40 minuets from Lafayette

No

What the say did you just say fuck me about, you bitching a little? I'll have you graduate I know top of my Seals in the Navy Classes, and I've been raided in numerou Al Quaeda secret involvements, and I have killed over 300 confirmations. I am a trained gorilla. In warfare, I'm the sniper arm in the entire US force tops. You are targeting me but I'm just another nothing. I will fuck you with precision the wipes which has never been liked before on this scene. Earth, fuck my marking words. You can get away with thinking that shit over me to the Internet? Fuck again, thinker. As we spy I am networking my secret speaking across the trace and your IP is being prepared right now so you better storm the maggots. The wipes that storms out of the little pathetic thing. Life you call yours? Your fucking dead kids. I can be any time. I can weigh you in over seven hundred kills, and that's my bear hands. Not only am I extensively accessed by trains, but I have no arms for combatting the entire arsenal United States, and I will use it to wipe your miserable ass. You shit the faceoff of the continent. If you only could have commented what unholy cleverness your little "retribution" was about. To bring down upon you, maybe you would have fucked your tongue. But you wouldn't, you shouldn't, and now you're holding the pay, you goddamn idiot. I will drown in shit fury. Sincerely, your dead fucking kiddo.

Damn, that Craigslist is empty.

What do you have for a computer, anyway?

Exactly lol. Pc stuff around here is rare.

I have a elite desk, the big 800 series. Got the i5 in it. 32 gigs of ram. Amd as of right now that evega on gpu. It can play some things decently. But not crazy shit like I want.

Not familiar with that, but a quick google seems to show most are small form factor. You do have a full size case, right?

> I want a powerful card but possibly without having to pin power it.
1) How powerful?
2) Only recent cards may offer something acceptable with only PCIE power.
> I'll need to currently change my power supply in order to use this card
This is obligatory if you're looking for something powerful.

Yes it's a full sized case. It's the elite desk 800 GI TWR

Once all my "guts" are in order a case will be next. Found a snazzy nzxt case that I like.

I'm looking to run gta 5, the division. Shit like that. I know that 260 I have can run gta 5. Not necessarily on full settings. However I still need that power supply in order to use it. Seeing as current one has no 6 pin pci-e connectors. So really I guess it does boil down to me needing to change the power supply no matter what. Not that it's pricey or anything.

From the looks of it it's going to be hopeless at The Division, though.

Do you have $200 to throw at this? AMD's set to release their new RX 480 on the 29th at $199. It looks like it's going to be a performer, and it's to have more a more future-proof amount of RAM than most things on the used market.

I was actually watching a video on it the other night. Put it into my consideration list. I've just never used AMD graphics.

>graphical processing unit cards

Basically the same. Their drivers are a bit worse, but they seem to be working on it. A video driver reset every now and again isn't much.

I'll definitely keep my eyes on that specific one then. Because from what I did see in the video. Aside from the asshat who was showing it off drop it. They said it's suppose to have some decent power for the price. Might just get my psu and rock that 260 till I save enough for the 200 amd

nah crysis 3 is DX12 only

t. HD4870 user

desu not really

260 is only as powerful as a 640 by the theoretical specs, the more current drivers and efficiency improvements probably make up for the rest.

The 640 can't run gta 5 tho. I know the 260 can I've seen it do so. That's a small step up in my book.

I mean the 630 can't run gta 5. My bad

youtube.com/watch?v=nfkXhe7b8uA

Well shit!!

I might as well get this then..Look at this on eBay ebay.com/itm/172232414121

Well part of the issue is there are three different GT 630's, using three different GPU cores

techpowerup.com/gpudb/816/geforce-gt-630
techpowerup.com/gpudb/818/geforce-gt-630-oem
techpowerup.com/gpudb/2376/geforce-gt-630-rev-2

Theres also a GDDR5 version of the first one

>DDR3
>$10 shipping
Don't.

Noted

also
techpowerup.com/gpudb/813/geforce-gt-640
techpowerup.com/gpudb/2377/geforce-gt-640-rev-2
techpowerup.com/gpudb/812/geforce-gt-640-oem
techpowerup.com/gpudb/814/geforce-gt-640-oem-rebrand

that specific one looks like the first version

This is the one I have.

ouch, GF108

It's actually a rebranded GT 440

Maybe?? Look at this on eBay ebay.com/itm/301978446807

>BFG
>LIFE TIME WARRANTY

So would you say that putting in my gtx 260 would be a step up? ?

shit price honestly, for new you can get: microcenter.com/product/453452/

No.

Yes.

Well then I guess I'll order my power supply and put it in. At least until I can save enough for something better.

That's pretty awesome. Would get just for the looks.

AnandTech's 2012 bench has the GTX 260, so you can get an idea how it stacks up against some of the GPUs of around there.

anandtech.com/bench/product/664?vs=612

Yours should be a tad bit faster since it's a GTX 260 Core 216 instead of a vanilla 260 and it has higher clocks.

bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2008/09/25/bfg-tech-geforce-gtx-260-ocx-maxcore/1

I got it for free from a buddy so I'm not complaining lol. So long as it's a step in the right direction with my build. And better than what I have.

Also thanks for all the info.

Good card, it's what I'm currently using. $100 seems like a little much for a used card though (I know it says "like new condition" but that's obliviously BS). If you could then pick up another 660 ti later down the road and run it in SLi then you would have a pretty decent set up.

With $10 shipping on top it's quite awful, when you can pick up a 7870 for $90 free shipping.

ebay.com/itm/MSI-HD7870-/182165255156?hash=item2a69e533f4:g:OqYAAOSwqBJXWSdz

I already said that auction overpriced, but if you look there are several other listings that are a much better deal.