I hate javascript

i hate javascript

i am unable to visit many webpages because javascript is required for the page to function properly

for example i can't check out the billionaire list on forbes page when i visit it using firefox + noscript

i wish webpages still create non-javsscript version for people who like simplicity and hate javascript

Something like 98% percent of users have javascript enabled. I agree it's shit, but building an entire 2nd version of your website for 1-2% of your users seems retarded.

Whatever the fuck happened to progressive enhancement?

Question: Why do you hate javascript?

Actuslly there are sites that use JavaScript to load the whole content.

Making a another website for tinfoil hat javascript disabling tards.

Go away Stallman.

I hate it too, but it's used everywhere so you just have to deal with it.

Why the fuck should websites care about you? You aren't going to up their ad view counter.

>doent use userscript to generate the catalog
lel

What I hate most about it is that there are sites that load so many JavaScript scripts that the whole browser freezes. It's been countless times when I had to kill -9 or Ctrl-Shift-Esc kill it and restart it.

I'm always offered a little window that says "Stop the script / Wait (let it run) / abort", but every time I click on "stop the script", it does nothing.

I believe so many web dev don't get the point of javascript. Simply hover animation is now written in javascript. You're a shit web dev if your clients can't navigate your site without javascript enabled

I hear you. Still, even having to whitelist domains, noscript provides a better experience than executing all the scripts your browser comes across.

>Adblock Plus
use Ublock Origin as it is more lightweight, doesnt give you any problems, has a robust element blocker and blocks all ads, whereas Adblock Plus shows "acceptable" ads, yeah fuck no

Kek I agree. I love JS.

as if i'd want tinfoil freetards visiting my website in the first place.

Disable JavaScript and visit CNN com/politics

almost all people who hates JS is because don't understand it, blocking whole JS on clearnet is stupid just block untrusted sites.

>2016
>using ABP

>using javascript so you don't have to use javascript

10 commits have been deposited to your github account

Truth is there are no reasonable motives to block JS anymore, so nobody cares about your tinfoil beliefs.

these days there are more motives than ever before to block JavaScript, because retarded web "developers" build bloated, shitty, and insecure websites by abusing JS/jQuery

how to spot the retard who knows zero about computer security and whose comp is a virus orgy right now

>virus orgy

spotted the wandows user

While I'm pro-js I agree some websites misuse it and are way too dependent on it. Basic text content should be loaded in server-side a la php or other preprocessors. Js should only be used for client-side frills like drag/drop uploading or making stuff respond to user input the server cannot see

>executing js code that can change with every request
it's like you actually want to get fucked in the ass

Too hard for rockstar developers, ninjas, and other oven dodgers.

I block JS on my old boxes because if I don't the internet slows to an unusable crawl for no good reason, it's an incredibly shitty, inefficient language that brings nothing to the table for most of the sites that rely on it heavily.

>I can't code properly so I hate it

Best you can do for Sup Forums is probably Sup Forums x and use its catalog instead of native one, then disable js so it loads non-js captcha. I would also recommend uMatrix instead of NoScript. Pages loaded noticeably faster for me when I switched.

well, the only ones who can't code properly are the web developers who make sites that won't work at all without JS

They should not make 2 versions of a site for javascript fags and non javascript fags
They should make only 1 version, 1 that doesn't require javascript to function.

It's like people aren't aware that HTML itself can load resources for you.

I do this on some parts of my website. I have subsection on a side menu that load the content into the main container, and then delete it and load the new content when the user clicks on a different menu.

Get on with the times, not using JavaScript for the internet is like running windows 3.1

Cancer.

Take off everything after "developers" and you got it right.

Is this a meme or are people being serious?

What alternatives are there to JavaScript?

it's a sub-meme of privacy meme

>not doing that on the server side
Good luck achieving a good pagerank score.

What kind of poverty machine or ghetto browser are you using? I've rarely, if ever, had a tab crash on my shitposting laptop with a Celeron, 2GB of RAM and Chrome, and the few times I remember it happening it was always the Twitter tab after the infinite scroll has been loading crap for hours on end.

>why do you hate a shitty language that breaks the website if you disable it while not even used the way it was intended and almost always used to steal user data?
Gee user I have no idea.
The language is absolute shit, it has nothing to do with Java but was called JavaScript just so it could get some attention.
Almost everyone save maybe 10 people in the entire world don't use it correctly at all.

will someone post the "clean webpage manefasto"

Is javascript the same as userscript?

HTML and CSS, with dynamic content handled on the server side where possible

An userscript is a user defined javascript file, the user has controll over the contents.

There is one? Link so I can mail it to every fucked up website I know.

b2t, javascript is cancer, and every website that doesnt work without javascript wont be visited in the future, easy af.

sadly I don't have it.
It was about how a webpage should be designed with HTML/CSS only.
And let JS be handled by end users.

I hope you at least use pushState.

hm okay, will keep a look in the future, maybe I find it.

But why the fuck does everyone needs to deal with js? Why not just html/css frontend, and any other shit language as backend, as long as the user doesnt have to deal with it?
Makes 0 sense to me.