Wordpress

This is cancer.

Other urls found in this thread:

ghost.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

At least it's FOSS

Captain obvious strikes again!

But it's a good cancer!
Like the kind that speeds up the demise of your forefather so you can get your hands on your inheritance sooner.

>Build your own website(20+ sites)
>Oh wow cool I can finally make my own unique website.
>Everything is the same blog/tumblr layout bullshit.
Who the fuck wants a hipster tumblr rip-off when we already have blogger available?

Agreed. My dad wanted to make a dating site with WordPress, and he used some plugins. Then he asked me to go knees deep into code that was terrible to read, and barely understandable.

If you know what you're doing, you can make a decent wordpress site that doesn't look like the thousands of other wordpress sites out there

I would have loved to make a forum+imageboard mixture. One where you can easily change between layouts without any of the information being messed up.

Forums and ImageBoards don't have a very clear distinction, beyond their format. Some simple modifications to forum software, and it'd be usable as an ImageBoard.
WordPress not needed.

I like it. I recently made my own theme. Which I used for my own website.

It misses lots of features that should be in by default, but it still beats having to code everything yourself.

use ghost

ghost.org/

>my own website
okay then

What are you trying to say mate?

is HTML5 actually good?

PhP is cancer.

Wordpress is based on PHP, and if you want new plugins you write them in PHP.

>All this hate for PHP
>using an ImageBoard written in PHP

I.. WHAT ?!?

IS THIS TRUE ?!?

There are URLs with the .php extention. Most are just hidden behind URL rewrite rules.

I wonder what the fuck are you guys even writing on your blogs and websites to be QUITE honest.

Sup Forums (plus others) was made when PHP was the only choice. Now ypu've got Python, Ruby and other more suitable languages.

Jekyll.

>have literally never run an update
>haven't had to install 15 different plugins
>"application firewall" is not a thing
>shit just works

The various blogs around the repeated failed attempts to rewrite a certain other chan in PHP are comedy gold.

The "modern" framework couldn't handle any load at all.

No, use HTML4.

Tech info on projects I work on that goes back to college days. It helped me get into a job 2bh.

I like WordPress... as an end-user, and when I feel lazy as hell and just want a blog or want do duct-tape random shit together.

As a developer, NOPE. I can't fucking stand WordPress, and I can't stand the clients who come to me asking me to make websites in it. They just don't understand what it's for and what it's good at.

As a developer I only recommend using WordPress if you can use someone else's themes/plugins with minimal fuss. But if you ACTUALLY need to engineer something, just, nope.

>not using HTML3
get on my level

People need to update their shitty fucking plugins more, god damn it's annoying to clean it from injections.

I write about OS deployment, application deployment and school projects.

Wordpress is neat but its community and plugins are a bunch of hopeless poo-in-loos and SEO circlejerkers.