Does anyone on Sup Forums use a dumbphone and if so, why?

Does anyone on Sup Forums use a dumbphone and if so, why?

Also, dumbphone thread.

Fuck off hipster. A computer as powerful as a smartphone of today that runs on a linux based system was literally every NEETs dream 20 years ago. Now that its popular doesnt mean its any less cool

>Projecting this hard
This was never meant to be a competition, I just wanted to talk about non smartphone phones. Hell, I posted this thread from my Android.

My android is dying. Will be getting an aeku m5 to replace it

I'm thinking of getting one of these because I want to have a flip-phone again. Sadly all the ones they sell here are for old people.

3310 great battery, snake game is fun, I can even make custom music on it

Burner phone

The nokia e71 is my backup phone (my primary is asus zenfone 2), it was considered a smartphone, but after nearly all apps in its no lo ger work properly (literally only whatsapp and opera that ztill works) it is de facto a dumbphone.

Using an old nokia featurephone. Battery lasts all week. It does calls and has a qwerty keyboard for texting. Runs facebook if I ever truly feel the need for it (which is almost never). Don't see a reason for upgrading.

I'm sick of smartphones. It's like every OS made for those devices are shit. The few that can be good are ubuntu touch and sailfish OS, but one is too young and for the other one I'm afraid of wasting money.

Is there a phone that is capable of
>phone call
>built in keyboard like the blackberry used to have
>good battery life (3 days or more)
>capable of browsing the internet / sharing connection over wifi

Battery life on smartphones is thoroughly disappointing and the price of data plans here is obscene anyway.

this as a backup for when my iphone 5's battery runs out.
it can be called a dumb phone since it doesn't connect to whatsapp anymore, and its 3g is edge tier.

I wouldn't have much use for a smartphone as a NEET with no friends. I only have a dumbphone in case of emergency or if my parents need something and call me.

Every time I've used Android it seemed ridiculously difficult to use, and I would never consider buying a device with Google botnet software on it, so getting a smartphone would mean shelling out for an iPhone. However, I'm tempted to go for it now that there's the more reasonably priced SE model. I would at least use it on occasion for finding places and getting directions and looking things up etc.

I enjoyed our last dumbphone thread.

It's sometimes hipsters, but IMO it's more to do with just being scared to death of anything new. Old people start being old at around 25 or so. It's paradoxical but I've seen it happen. Any way you look at it though, dumbphone faggots are losers.

Not everyone cares about goydroid or ayyphones.

>Sadly all the ones they sell here are for old people.
That'll be hipster as fuck.

i have a IP phone. cell phones piss me off and ive smashed everyone ive owned.

'flake

yes. they can work a month without charging

Nokia Asha 302 uses connection but it doesn't share Wi-fi.

fucking hipster fags, there are many smartphones which can be made into a minimal one only used to sms calls and browser and have a long battery life

>mad smartphone fags butblasted that people don't want to take part of the money burning club
check if your battery is low again, you forgot to charge it yesterday

I wish it had tetris instead of snake

And they're usually an older version of Android which has vulnerabilities which might not be patched. And newer smartphones are integrating an account into it more and more every year.

Keep telling you, dumbphone losers are the creationists of tech. You can get 3 year old models for $40... Honestly though why am I even wasting my time on this, I need to go swap batteries.

Good goy, keep sucking that cock Apple or Google tell you to suck on like a loyal consumer.

I do, some nokia 100-something. it's really dumb, there's no way of putting any files or so on it, it cannot display MMS (recently learned that that's still a thing...), there's no snake. But battery lasts 10 days, even though the thing is 5 years old now. plus it's got a capable flashlight.

100% freedom. 0% botnet.

Yeah.

I bought a dumbphone so my mom can contact me. I took up walking so I had agreed to get a dumbphone at the same time as her. Somehow she keeps purchasing not working apple products.

>Raspberry pi
Nigga are you fucking kidding me?

Is it worth having people call FBI every time you use it in public?

Did you call him a nigger?

Mine looks a lot like that except it's a SAMSUNG

Unless you're a friendless looser NEET i don't see a reason to own a dumbphone.

>on Sup Forums
>not a friendless loser NEET
How about you fucking normies just get lost already?

Sup Forums is for discussion of technology.

If you're searching for places who welcome virgin losers like yourself and other kind of wastes of space, please refrain to:

>>/r9k/
>>Sup Forums
>>Sup Forums
>>/wizardchan/
>>/suicide/

Thanks for reading!

dunno, I don't think I need one and 5-6'' screen seems too small for anything, I can barely browse web on my 10'' tablet. I was going to buy a smartphone once though, but I couldn't choose

Normalfags are not welcome. You can have a job on Sup Forums, but being a normalfag isn't permitted