After 8+ years I finally received a copyright notification from my ISP. Recommend me a VPN...

After 8+ years I finally received a copyright notification from my ISP. Recommend me a VPN, hopefully one that's free and that doesn't cap speeds

Other urls found in this thread:

torguard.net/aff.php?aff=1855
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not OP, but stupid question:

How exactly does a VPN protect your privacy if websites can still fingerprint your shit?

Sure your IP is anonymized, everything in-transit is secure if you're using SSL, and maybe you're even blocking tracking shit using extensions; but you're still giving away your unique browser fingerprint, aren't you? Couldn't that still be tracked and pinpointed to you?

NordVPN

Sure, the websites you visit could come up with some way to still track you unless you went the extra mile with special browsers. In this case however, the only goal of the VPN is to prevent the ISP from being privy of browsing activity; the websites would have to be in direct cahoots with your ISP for them to figure anything out.

Digitalocean droplet

>copyright notification from my ISP
lmao americucks

vpngate.com
Works like a charm.

I recommend you get a seedbox. Much better for torrenting.

Charms don't do anything, and are only believed to work by the superstitious.

So you mean that VPNgate doesn't work at all?

wew lad, watch the edge.
It works great my dear friendo.

Does this work for torrenting?

Yup.

How would you suggest setting it up?

Simply download it and follow the installation instructions, keep an eye out while installing tho. For any extra stuff hit up the forums or how-to, there's alot of info.

>living in a police state

Ok thanks

>free
>good
pick one

also torrentfreak probably still have updated list of good providers

Meh. The websites would have to hand that information over to the copyright holders. MPAA, RIAA, et al tend to go for the low hanging fruit. It's the torrent trackers, not the websites, that provide the addresses of anyone not proxied up. The ISPs on the other hand just monitor your traffic and throttle if they find out. That said, always use best practices. Don't log into a google account, have a dedicated vm or container for piracy, and use the bind to interface setting if your client supports it.

>free
>doesn't cap speeds
Why not just ask for the magic blowjob fairy while you're at it? Fucking regard. You want a good VPN with good speeds and no caps, you're gonna fucking pay for it.

niggas, they fucking check the peer lists in their torrent clients and send a notice to the ISP the IP belongs to, you retarded fucks.

a VPN routes your traffic through a server so they cant see your real IP, so they cant send you a letter.

I wasn't talking about torrenting at all, user. I consider anonymous torrenting a completely different activity from anonymous browsing.

I just mean some shit like this:

>Browse around normally, all the sites you use Google Analytics the shit out of you, and Google captures data like your IP address and unique fingerprint.
>Browse around with VPN service, with your IP address being SOOPER SEEKRIT, and never login to any websites or otherwise provide identifying info.
>Google Analytics still captures your fingerprint
>In Google's database, they see the browser/IP you normally browse with, and easily correlate that data with the VPN'd traffic because the fingerprints match

In both cases, Google still knows who you are and where you've been.

Where did I ever mention torrents in ?

Please read more carefully because I was talking about browsing. Also see .

i dont give a fuck what you mentioned or not, OP talked about pirating and that is in most cases torrents.

make your own thread or better yet, ask in the fucking stupid questions thread where you belong, nigger.

I've just switched to a dirt cheap ISP who'll probably throttle me to fuck when they see me torrenting. Does a VPN beat that?

maybe, but it's fucking stupid when you could just take that money and get a non-shit ISP instead.

and why dont you read your contract and see if they're actually allowed to throttle you?

PS. throttling and caps dont exist in superior nations.

I would like to know more.

I just use this one website that has a free 24hour trial and make a new email to get the free Trial again whenever I have a bunch of shit I need torrented stockpiled

>infringement type: null

So no infringement? Neat.

Hey OP
short answer : just go with PIA.

I went with almost all the providers, they all have something to really suck.
PIA checks all, except it is US based.

VPN or VPS and setup VPN yourself?

read up on it, if a DMCA notice is sent to the node operator they could possibly hand your IP over. So close

filestream.me
it's better than a vpn, it's online torrent downloader / online cloud storage.

Torguard is the best.

If you use this link and coupon code you get 50% off forever:

torguard.net/aff.php?aff=1855

Code: YBS4S3G88P

>aff=1855

What's that funny number on the end?

Probably referral so he gets a discount. Just remove it if you think he deserves nothing.

>VPS and setup VPN yourself
that means your name on the contract and most providers dont allow pirating so you can still get letters.