Recommend me a good gaming tablet. I have to lie in bed for 2 months for recovery...

Recommend me a good gaming tablet. I have to lie in bed for 2 months for recovery, and I figured I should buy a new tablet to play some games and watch movies. Preferably under 300$ and with 10 inch screen. I don't need the best one on the market, just something that can run the most demanding mobile games smoothly. I assume you don't need the newest ipad or google pixel c for that, but maybe I am wrong.

Is pic related good? My only gripe with it is that it has an 8 inch screen, and I don't think I can downgrade that much after using a 10.1 inch tablet for 5 years.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rcCwmJrglLo
pcworld.com/article/2904552/seven-things-to-know-about-intels-cherry-trail-atom-chips.html
gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_350502.html
pcworld.com/article/3071716/hardware/chuwi-hibook-cwi514-windowsandroid-tablet-review-awful-performance-but-we-still-kind-of-like-it.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What are you, an addict that can't go two months without playing a video game?
Pick up a book.

luddite

I normally don't play video games, but lying inbed all the time is boring, and playing some vidya on the tablet is a great way to kill time.

youtube.com/watch?v=rcCwmJrglLo

What tablet could run a game like this smoothly?

Chuwi Hi8 Pro

$100
8" 1920x1200
2GB Ram
Dual boots win10/Android
Intel CherryTrail QuadCore
HDMI Out

Plays League of Legends fine appearently

Or

CHUWI HiBook 2

10" Display
4GB Ram
Everything else same as Hi8

$170

>Tablet
>Gaming

I'll check it out, thanks.

>gaming tablet
What the fuck

Nvidia Shield

Look up the specs yourself, but it's $200 because the original model got recalled because of exploding batteries or something. So they repackaged them with less lethal batteries and no 4G for cheap. There's some exclusive games that are largely ports like HL2 and Doom 3, and it'll run basically everything else on the market smoothly. Emulation is a dream, PPSSPP runs most things with all the upscaling bells and whistles turned on smoothly.

Also if you really want to throw money at them you can get a controller with less latency than Bluetooth that has a touchpad and a mic in it for the vidya.

For playing mobile games, obviously. If you don't know anything about tablets, why even bother coming to this thread?

intel cherry trail shits on the k1

>playing mobile games
what the fuck

This article suggests otherwise, but then it's from last year
pcworld.com/article/2904552/seven-things-to-know-about-intels-cherry-trail-atom-chips.html
Still, if it is better then OP should go for it.

The mobile World of Tanks is better than the PC version imo. It's faster paced so people don't just sit in a line and try to snipe each other from across the map.
Though OP should also consider just getting a little notebook and enjoying some /vr/.

Not OP, but I'm currently looking at the Chuwi Hi12; it seems like an excellent price for a large tablet. I'd mostly just use it for youtube and email and stuff; no games, because I have my desktop for that. Anyone have any opinions?

gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_350502.html

the tegra may be slightly better gpu wise but its also only avail in a 7" screen. Both can play the same games quite well, might as well do it on the size screen you want.

And the Shield cant double as a full win 10 tablet/laptop with a simple reboot

Techtablets

Oh yeah, if you can make it run Windows then go with that for sure.

It comes with win 10 and android by default

This guy took a shit on the chuwi tablet

pcworld.com/article/3071716/hardware/chuwi-hibook-cwi514-windowsandroid-tablet-review-awful-performance-but-we-still-kind-of-like-it.html

Thanks. Looks like people like it, and I saw an article with a link to a bios update that fixes some issues with wifi and etc. Looks good; I'm gonna think about it and maybe pull the trigger. I've been wanting a tablet for bed but I just can't justify the price of a surface pro, even used.

Oh, that's a shame.

"Overall, the HiBook seems to perform basic tasks capably enough, especially if you simply want to run one or two at a time. Opening a Last Week Tonight clip on YouTube in HD quality via Microsoft Edge ran perfectly smoothly, and working in Microsoft’s Office Online was also painless. (Unlike some tablets, the HiBook doesn’t ship with an activated copy of Office 365.) Absolutely consider running Opera or at least blocking ads, though, as a streamlined browser will improve your experience considerably."

"Within Android’s more optimized environment, the HiBook performs competently. A large number of Android games use 2D sprites, don’t demand a great deal of performance, and look great. Again, don’t ask too much of the HiBook, and it won’t let you down."

Doesn't sound like he hates it that much, Reads more like hes expecting Macbook build "quality" and stability from a $240 convertible tablet/laptop.

ps4
/thread

Oops $210 not $240.

Any other suggestions besides chuwi and shield?

Get a PSP, they're like thirty bucks now.

Why would I waste money on a console or handheld when I can buy a tablet and emulate any console up to psp and gamecube? Only people who buy handhelds in this day and age are nintendocucks and people who know nothing about tablets.

nexus 9

>gaming

Nice spergout, bud. Yeah, I guess the size of the device doesn't really matter when you're wearing XXXL cargo shorts.

PSP can emulate too,
I like Nexus tablets

>I have to lie in bed for 2 months for recovery, and I figured I should buy a new tablet to play some games and watch movies.

Do yourself a favour and get a TV and console instead. Or at least a laptop.

And then there is this faggot. This a thread about hardware, not a game you stupid fat fuck.

I bet you think linux threads are about tech don't you?

>Gaming tablet

It just means "tablet with good specs and a marketing team"

Why game when you can spend all day shitposting?

>playing LoL on a tablet
well that explains the retarded teammates

>Recommend me a good gaming tablet
lel. I guess an nvidia shield could fit if you stream gaymen from a PC

A tablet is a poor choice if you intend to lay down in bed because yu are going tog et very tired in your arms from supporting it. Ideal lazy person setup:
>laptop on chest for natural screen stand
>Logitech G13 for left hand or similar
>trackball for right hand, takes some time to get used to be can be used from bed

>gayman
>wanting to play mobile games
>not getting yourself a handheld if you want gayman
Read a book, you fucking subhuman.

CherryTrail just runs too damn hot (over 80c) it thermal throttles worse then baytrail. if you want a small atom based tablet i recommend just going baytrail and saving the money it might last longer any way.

it seems that there is a driver within Windows 10 updates that bricks the device

>time to be used to be can be used