This is the iPhone 5. Released in 2012, It will get iOS 10...

This is the iPhone 5. Released in 2012, It will get iOS 10. How many android phone from 2012 will get the latest android N?

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/apple/2016/06/psa-macos-sierra-drops-support-for-many-macs-from-2007-2008-and-2009/
youtube.com/watch?v=VYQgn8J6zbU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Zero

/thread

thanks to the os being open source and projects like cyanogenmod, we get newer on older devices...

Those in the same price range as the iphone 5.

>barely any of the """new""" """"""features"""""" will even work
>will be even slower than it was on 9

Amazing.

It's going to run so terribly that you will end up buying a new phone anyway.
Plus, iOS updates are irreversible and purposefully designed to make the older models run like shit.

It will get iOS 10, which will make it unusably slow. Apple doesn't roll out updates for old devices because they're nice. They roll out updates to slow down old devices so people have to buy new ones. Apple is notorious for using software updates for planned obsolescence.

Stop being so naive, kid.

Kek but no
The support for my HTC One X ended after 4.2.2

This would be the case if we didn't have a big pooinloo issue on XDA. Only Nexus devices are getting support. If you have something like an HTC EVO 4G LTE, good fucking luck. And yeah, that was a flagship HTC phone. Where is N for that phone? NOWHERE.

Yeah, nice of them to supprt old phones but this All of the people I know hated iOS 8 when they updated their 4S's, it was obviously made with new phones in mind.

i have an iphone 5. i'm not ever gonna update above 9.3.1.

Zero, since the phones are not powerful enough to run it and most Android phone makers don't engage in planned obsolescence.

Those updates are meant to gimp the performance of older phones, so you stupid fucks will want to be the newest ones. Fuck off apple shill

Actually iOS 9 made 4s really fast.

8 was shit.

>Those updates are meant to gimp the performance of older phones

Not really. my iphone 5 is running perfectly on iOS 9. And that is what keeps me from buying new phones.

If I had an Adroid stuck on an older version I would be much more tempted to upgrade.

I ran 9 on a 4s and it was pretty decent

>Not really. my iphone 5 is running perfectly on iOS 9.
That is not typical. The majority of people report dramatically worse performance on new versions.

I guess this is kind of a pointless disagreement, but my 4s was fucking unbearable with iOS 8 and 9. Literally everything lagged. I don't know what you consider "decent"

iPhone 5 user here: iOS 9 runs fine.

>The majority of people report dramatically worse performance on new versions
Bullshit. Source or gtfo

Sure there have been some times where my phone lagged a couple of times in the past. But it all got fixed. You know why?

Software updates.

sure

I have an iPhone 5, with iOS 9. Runs perfectly fine.

Why the quotes? Are they not features? Are they not new?

>HTC EVO 4G LTE
>A carrier branded phone from a shitty carrier that nobody bought
>WHERE ARE MY UPDATES

Sometimes i question why I hang with you retards

you can install win10 on old pc and it runs just fine
why can't mobile phones?

The HTC HD2 runs every mobile OS out there, how many does the iPhone 5 run?

arstechnica.com/apple/2016/06/psa-macos-sierra-drops-support-for-many-macs-from-2007-2008-and-2009/

can't run iOS.

>cost 3x more than a decent android phone in the first place

>now a slow piece of shit

>IOS 10 will make it even worse

Are these still usable with recent OS's at a decent speed? Not gonna end up with massive lag just trying to scroll down a page am I?

He said every mobile OS. Not shit from Applel

fuck off apple shill
I have a fucking 4s in my hand right now running ios 9 and it runs like shit

>iPhone 4S on iOS9
>fast
>''''''''''''''''really fast'''''''''''''''
come on user, i'm an apple faggot an even I can't deny that's bullshit

Galaxy S3 was released in 2012 and it hasn't received Lollipop "yet".

bull fucking shit. runs buttery smooth on my 5, and increased battery life compared to 7 and 8. will update to 10 day one of public release.

Well as I still have this shit phone I am staying on 8.x something as it's still jailbroken and I don't need any of the new features that will only slow this old phone down more

What sort of mental gymnastics did you go through to come to the conclusion that iOS is somehow not a mobile OS?

It's likely going to run like shit, though. I have an iPhone 5S and I wonder if iOS 10 will slow it down.

I've seen youtube videos of it running marshmallow at a decent pace

I'm using an iPhone 6 and even I feel that fear. wow, fuck planned obsolescence.

iPhone 6 will probably run it like a charm. Considering the iPhone 5 is apparently still supported, I figure the 5S will run it decently to pretty well. Probably the last full update to do so, though.

iOS nerds are forced to update. Unlike Android, after every new iOS, apps generally have the new iOS version as a strict requirement.

yeah you're right. anyway,if those lockscreen features are 3d touch-only i'm not updating. there nothing ''new'' apart from that (for my uses)

edgy

If apple licensed out iOS to companies like HTC, then yes, those phones would never get updates. Nexus is almost the only line of Android phones with reliable dev support.

Most PC's, which users are trying to upgrade now, started out with relatively high specs compared to Window's minimum requirements. Smartphones have had a much steeper curve in performance. Also, google RISC processing.

>buying or running anything other than nexus with cm

Only have yourself to blame. Muh fancy designs and cameras...

It would be great if Sony did a Nexus though

Just to add to this bullshit thread, I have an iPhone 5 running iOS 9.2.something and recently got an iPhone SE and in day to day use, the upgrade isn't even that noticeable.
iOS 9 on older devices is very well optimised, it actually runs buttery smooth even when pointlessly entering and exiting multitasking fast and swiping around purposely trying to make it "lag". Mostly, the only areas where the older phones fall behind are either in 3rd party apps (not Apple's fault) or areas where it never used to be faster in the first place.
I can even provide video proof if I fucking have to

It did for me. iOS 8 was laggy. 9 improved performance a lot.

>buttery smooth

Shill.

Also this reminded me of the 1080 reveal and that chink bullshitter making jokes about 60hz gaming being like butter and then tripping over his own fucking words

And to add to this, releasing iOS 8/9 for A5 devices might have been a bad idea, but I think users would have been equally as upset if they ended support early. Besides, a big part of iOS updates are security patches

No, the animations are as smooth as on the newest devices

THIS 5 YEAR OLD SON OF A BITCH IS RUNNING ANDROID 6 WITH SNAPPY MULTIWINDOW SUPPORT AND BASICALLY, YOU ARE A FUCKING STUPID. FIND OUT HIS SECRETS
>HERE

And then hold the camera api keys hostage like they did with the nexus aosp project? No thanks.

>Only Nexus devices are getting support

Galaxy S2 user here running CM13 (Android 6.0.1).
The device is from 2011.

What now, applefags?

Hes not entirely wrong. They used to have connection problems after updating and would run a lot slower. Didn't notice this when I updated my 5s though.

Who gives a fuck about camera on a phone

Are you a photographer or a virgin

>Galaxy S2 user here running CM13 (Android 6.0.1).
>The device is from 2011.
DELETE THIS

Is there a video of this? I don't believe it would run smoothly

I ha e a iPhone 5 in a drawer just because.

Just booted it up. it s on iOS 8 and it's slow as fuck.

Both of these memes are nothing to get asspained over.

By the way, what you are seeing in this picture is an actual Xperia Play (1ghz single core shit tier arm processor with 512mb ram) running Android 6. And I shit you not, it is actually really really smooth. A lot smoother than Android 2.1 is and if you completely disable window transitions, it becomes usable as a daily driver in 2016 (save for the awful camera).
>b-but muh lagdroid
nice meme there

Wasn't that the reason this guy asked for a Sony nexus? The fuck do I care about a camera, I use a nexus 5x.

I'll take one this week and post it in the /spg/. Yes, it works, I actually played Ocarina of time while watching Video Girl Ai.

This will be one of those "updates" that will render the iPhone 5 laggy, slow and unresponsive, essentially completely ruining the device.

Have fun. Any android device from 2012 would experience the same problems when using 2016 firmware.

the iPad 2 is from 2011 and is officially getting iOS 10 :^)

No mainly for build quality and aesthetics

[citation needed]
A 2011 device working just fine

this looks like another iOS "8" release so I'm not expecting performance to take much of a hit, it might even improve performance on older devices

I have a citation in my pants for you. Open wide.

Are you of homosexual orientation, friend?

Clean install?
I dont think so.

iPhone 5 owner here.

1. I don't like the fact that NightShift is exclusive for 64-bit processor only (iPhone 5+).
2. iOS doesn't have firewall for WiFi, we have one for 3G/4G connection though but it's not enough

Jailbreaking iOS is getting harder, so those features should exist in iOS 9 / 10.

>it might even improve performance on older devices
We will talk once the update rolls out and hordes of angry iPhone owners will start complaining about a drop in performance.

Wouldn't be the first time apple has pulled something like this

I know it has happened before, but there's nothing in this update that should impact performance in a substantial way

>tfw the time has come, my 4S is not supported anymore

rip in ribberinos my first smartphone, you were great ;__;

My Xperia Active (2011) runs a 6.0.1-based Android via Cyanogenmod. It had marshmallow BEFORE my Z5compact.

>updating your iPhone
Shigg

this is the Nokia 3500. Released in 2007, it can make phone calls and receive them as well. This is the only type of phone you ever need, stop being a faggot.

I had that but in blue before I got the iPhone 4S. Ironically enough I've now owned my 4S for a year longer than I had that Nokia, and the Nokia had completely decayed when I ditched it, whereas only the speaker broke on in the iPhone.

I'd argue that Nokia was already shit then. Now the original 3110, that was the best. 3210 lasted me years too, but the 3110 was practically indestructible.

most of the popular ones, with CyanogenMod™©®

>iOS 10
>still doesn't pack features from Android 2.3

STILL USING MY IPHONE

IM STILL ON IOS 8.1.2 AND WOULD DEFINITELY GO BACK TO IOS 6

International i9300 model has nightlies but I'm waiting for stable. Till then I have to figure out how to get into recovery mode with a broken volume up button, without repairing it. Any ideas?

Oh yeah I'm talking about CM 13 btw.

>how many Android devices from 2012 run the latest version of Android?
:^)

Yet another reason to purchase the new Apple iPhone 6S Plus.

The HTC HD2 came out in '09, has basically every OS that isn't made by Apple AFAIK.

New iOS versions for old devices isn't for your comfort, they need to lag your device so you will buy new one.

Still better than a lagging lagdroid on new devices

Proofs?

>no file explorer
>can't transfer files through bluetooth to other devices except applel
>can't even customize phone's theme without having to jailbreak it
>it's a mobile OS for plebs

youtube.com/watch?v=VYQgn8J6zbU

IOS 9 improved the speed on my iPhone 5 compared to iOS 8. How about you stop being naive.

i came here specifically to talk about cyanogen mod

i have galaxy s5, slower than ever. what are your personal thoughts on cyanogen mod? does it support social media apps?

That's a good thing though. I'd rather have a still working phone than be told "upgrade or enjoy your paper weight". For all the shit Apple does, the fact that they keep their phones working and updated so long without carrier bullshit is commendable.

Ex Sprint sales rep here, yeah, they want you to get rid of your phone. You took the bait too. Its called device caniblism (fuck you I know its wrong, I just had surgery. Oxycodine is a hell of a thing) They would love you to update it so they can run more CPU intense processes that the 6/6S/7 can handle. I promise you, its ment to fuck it up.

My Nexus 4 is still getting continued support, and will no doubt get N shortly after launch, with all the features intact

Feels good being able to maintain my own things

Why did you quit

>
>That's a good thing though. I'd rather have a still working phone than be told "upgrade or enjoy your paper weight". For all the shit Apple does, the fact that they keep their phones working and updated so long without carrier bullshit is commendable.

How is android 4.2 is a paperweight? It is still more feature filled than iOS9.

None because supporting 4 year old hardware is a waste of time.

Galaxy S3 with Android M reporting in.

>samshit